PwC

South Africa283 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

Found 46 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,840 reviews

I was a contract worker and I enjoyed every minute working for PWC,I am a team player and worked well together with my collegesUnfortunately, my contract expired.

Pros

Well balance breakfast and lunch

Cons

It was a pleasure to work long hours

Stressful place to work and salaries are not morket related or even close.

A typical day is doing work above your pay grade and workng long hours. I learned the inequality is there and even if you report an incident to HC, nothing will be done.Do not trust management, they are not in your corner.Workplace culture is what you make it to be but generally very stressful.The hardest part about my job is not being appriciated for the work done.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I still have one during this rife.

Pros

Good to have on CV.

Cons

Not being paid for the work you do.

Great workplace

Work very hard Work during weekends HR not always correct with things they doing Great place to work Great benefit to get training for own benefits for the future

Fast-paced

Great benefits and awesome people to work with. Constant training which helps you stay on track and costs you nothing and will only benefit you in the long run. Great team spirit.

Dynamic team and hard work and company wide culture

One serves many different clients and works with a number of team throughout the year. Lots of experience gained in a short time. Hours can be long. Good culture

Pros

Strong focus on career devlopment

Productive and Fun

It was very good. I learned very much about team work and deadlines. We use to work outside the office capturing assets in different places especially government facilities and I really learned more about supply chain too

Pros

Free beverages

Cons

Short breaks

Big names aren't always the best

The job was very demanding as the teams were not big enough to complete all the work. Therefore many employees were over-worked. Although you get benefits like medical aid, etc. the salary itself did not do justice for the number of hours you would need to put in to complete all the work. The company promotes a balanced lifestyle however it did not seem evident that anyone was successfully implementing this balanced lifestyle they were promoting. Management seemed to care about your wellbeing, but in the end, the job needs to get done and deadlines need to be met. Employees and co-workers seemed drained and depressed and were living from weekend to weekend if they had all their work up to date, which was not always the case. Clients take long to send the required information and therefore played a big role in the deadlines.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Long hours; Underpaid

productive and fun environment

It is an accommodating workplace where in you get to connect with other people.Skill obtained:attention to detail. During the lunch, you get to socialise with other people. All in all, everyone appears to be friendly.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

Productive without sense of life anywhere else

The managers do not have respect for employees personal time. You are expected to make the company your number 1 priority at all times. without proper compensation!!

Very relaxing environment

Upgrading the hosted Exchange infrastructure was my priority when starting the job. There was a couple of infrastructure and outages that had to be stabilised first. Migrated from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013. We had about 150 customers and 7000 users at the time and had to make sure service interruption are as low as possible. I learned new features in Exchange 2013 and how the roles has changed had some unexpected behaviour and we had to work through those. Management again gave me the freedom to setup the infrastructure propose and implement improvements and necessary changes for stability and good health of the infrastructure. I had a really good relationship with the Director of the department who was also my manager. Initially it was hard keeping services up and there was many companies affected during any outage. This was however resolved in the majority in the first month all the critical solutions and then over the next few month the rest to ensure all works well. Deploying Exchange 2013 which was the latest version at the time and cutting edge. Getting more exposure to Skype for Business and integration with Exchange and Polycom Conference units.

Pros

Good compensation, lots of opportunities, education on quarterly release programs

Cons

I cannot think of any, the working environment and everything was professional and in a healthy balance

N/a

Very professional and hectic environment. Always think on your feet and watch yourself out there. There's alot of credible experience. Rewards and compensation not that good but yeah.

its a great place to work at

You can work flexible hours, you get necessary training and coaching. Encouraged to always work hard. You have to always be on par with your work, sometimes is hard to balance work with life.

Pros

Social Event

Cons

Flexible hours

Productive. Worked in small department. Management was good, no room for growth. Time management extremely important. Salary is not that great if you are doing your internship.

Cons

no room for growth

Productive and great exposure

One is exposed to many different lines of services and overall work related to finance. This is a company that will greatly promote your financial career and push you to achieve your greatest potential.

Pros

Work experience

Cons

Salary and hours

Job independency and growth.

Working at PwC taught me how to be independent and take charge of my own development. The company culture is flexible. The hardest part of the job was the extensive travelling as well as the tight audit deadlines that one had to deal with in a short space of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independency that came with the job as well as the discretion that one had to take initiative and come up with new, effective and efficient approaches where necessary.

Pros

Travel allowances and reimbursements for business expenses

Very fun and Productive

I have learned a lot of work at PwC, it has helped me to impove the quality of my work and also to understand the importance of time management at work as well as being able to work long hours without complaining.

Pros

Regular social activities to ease the eployees mind from their hard work

Cons

we work long hour

I enjoyed working here

I have worked here for 6 years and have learned a lot. The only reason why I left is their were no room to grow in my career here. I would recommend them to anybody.

Pros

Staff feels like family

Cons

salary

productive

goal driven environment, mostly flexible. i was a vacation student but was allowed to do a lot of work that can be performed by a first or even second year audit trainee

Pros

fun culture, woolies and pizza runs

Cons

long hours, remote clients thus own transport is a necessity

Productive and fun workplace.

I worked during a vacation programme and I can say I love PwC and the opportunities it has to offer. The staff is friendly and helpful. The free food we had for lunch was awesome.

Pros

Free coffee

Great employer

Time management Employee wellness prgrams OJT Great office culture Exposure to different levels of clients Salary increments yearly Management very helpful Benefits more for the permanent employees

Pros

Working unsupervised

Cons

Sometimes very long hours

Productive, progressive and forward thinking

Productive, progressive and forward thinking company that invests in world class knowledge management, excellent place to grow the career in a well defined path. The problem is low salary and lack of work life balance This is an appropriate environment for a person who wants to grow in their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• PwC
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?