Rand Water

Rand Water Employee Reviews

South Africa107 reviews
5,0
Rand Water is one of the best companies that i've ever worked for.
Working for this company is awesome, as long as u render your services u will not be micromanaged, employees are treated very fairly.Safety is the priority number one in this company.
2,0
Enthusiastic about improving career and work experience ,aiming to also add some qualification on my review
Project was aimed at poverty alluviation than help individuals to have a stable income and future security .
It was a clear fixed term contract without any future promises.
4,0
It is enjoyable to work at randwater because there is many task you need to dull with and solve many problems.
Tips : You must be a person who able to work under pressure . Egue to learn. Intelligent and vigilant. Friendly and always helpfully. Always meet dead line.
Electrical maintenance
I did my electrical apprenticeship at rand water. I qualified as electrician (electrical artisan), with a thoroughly knowledge of electrical maintenance, fault finding and plc
2,0
The hardest part of the job is not having resourses to get the job done.
There is inconsitency within the department which at time brings about frustrations. Management very beurocratic leading to bottle neck reporting structures are constricted and one is not given well deserving answers meaning no rationale from workers.
productive
good place to work for and good people I loved working for this company the culture is good and people are friendly all the time, I really enjoyed working for them
nice culture
they are so chilled and it a slow paced environment , there's so not much opportunity to grow , for you to move up someone must die pr resign , that is when you will move up
3,0
it was okay work there and gained same experience and skill that i can use
Skill development is good there and good management, as well as good team leader to teach and guide I. the work place. Good supervision to development skills.
3,0
Combination of productive and rewarding
The company has a great team of workers and has a good legacy, however, issues of typical SOE appears to be the challenge that might erode the solid work laid by the previous leadership.
4,0
I enjoyed working at Rand Water. I hope that they employ me permanent this time.
We were working shift which I enjoyed working it. I have learned to analyze samples using laboratory instruments. The hardest part of the job is during rainy season. It's little bit difficult to go and collect samples. Other than I enjoyed working there.
Wonderful employer
It was great place to working for Rand Water the culture and perks are fantastic. The working hours were reasonable management was strict but fair blessed to have worked there.
4,0
Productive work team. Managers periodically engage with employees at floor meetings Hardest part was when successful investigations lead to the dismissal
Productive, pressure and stressful
A very productive company with hardworking individuals with the relevant experience and skills. Autocratic management style used by most managers who micro manage their reportees.
Excellent work place
Dealing with members of the public requiring information or seeking meetings with management, Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the area.
4,0
All i can say i am a very good and vibrant person who is willing to learn more and be able to be guided where is importang
As Process Controller Assistant there is not much I am doing per rather than cleaning a big floor of filter house. Culture is good and I have learned to monitor the water purification system from obstruction to distribution.. Hardest with when the client troubleshooting and try to solve problem. I find joy when purifying the water that people use on daily basis.

As well as I acquire experience in Mechanical Engineering workshop to develop myself of what I want to achieve more as a professional engineering.
Pros
when you get a call out the buy you food
Cons
working long hours overtime and get little time to rest.
Productive working place
The company as whole is a good company. It's just I now have big family and I need more salary to support my family.
If I can get a better salary for my living needs, I can stay!!
5,0
Productive, effective and good working environment
I usually start my work at 08;00 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first.
I have learnt to connect the Electrical panels and fault finding.

Very good management.

I mostly enjoy D.B and panel connection, and LV cable joint
Productive and fun workplace
Management Good, Good Culture, Learning Experience Great, I loved my time at Rand Water. Had a good working relationship with all my co workers, management and suppliers
Productive and fun workplace
General Administration of projects, SAP reports and capturing of payments. Submission of approved payments.
Being a part of a team and the importance of working together with respect.

I have learned that processes and procedures must be in place and implemented.

There is still some room for improvement in regards to work culture as accountability and responsibility is of essence.

The hardest part is reaching deadlines as that depends on other colleagues input.

I enjoy working for Rand Water though I would love a change of environment as I have been here for 11 years, improved my skills and made friends.
Pros
Subsidised Medical Aid and Lunch.
Cons
Culture needs to change for the better.
3,0
Being randwoter apprentice was challenging and somethings are unfair like not getting paid in time or not get paid at all.the stipend is too little makes it difficult for accommodation payment
Safety
Doing Inspections
Great lessons learnt working as a team

management skills

Working under pressure and late hours

Doing the B11 shutdown it was such a great experience and a learning curve.