Rand Water
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Rand Water Employee Reviews

South Africa122 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

productive and good to work

Good place to work. My boss listens to my ideas and the whole team works together to make them happen. We all support each other and work together to offer creative feedback and then make our ideas a reality. I love being appreciated and listened to

Easy going colleagues and willing to help

As a graduate trainee you have to complete a project, train in laboratory techniques and be involved in routine/non-routine analysis. You get work closely with scientists which exposes you to high level projects and research. You have to create a personal development plan where you include trainings you want to take and professional memberships you want to be affiliated to. Everything is paid for by the company. Disadvantage is that as a graduate trainee you are not allowed to apply for internal positions and there are no incentives and beneficial like medical aid. You get to train on different techniques and instruments. They allow you to work alone once they declare you competent. Colleagues are welcoming and available to help anytime.

Pros

Training on all laboratory techniques and compilation of reports

Cons

No growth

Productive work environment

Great work experience gainedPositive place for learningGreat managementGreat work ethicGreat lunch areaAffordable on site accommodation subject to availability

Pros

Iso 17025 and LIMS training

Good Company

Healthy working environment. Outdated technology. Sometimes it takes long to get what you need due to outdated ways of doing things. Coworkers are friendly and helpful.

It is a good company

I enjoyed working there, it is a very good but busy company. I with say that it's a good starting point for ur career. I had learnt a lot in this company.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Productive place with a lot to learn, very good benefits.

Great place to work at with a lot to learn and be exposed to. There is a lot to learn at the company and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. It is a fast paced working environment. Management encourages learning and growing.

Pros

bonus benefits

Cons

no cons

Hard workers are rewarded.

Professionalism is the order of the day. The company has one of the best professional development programmes in public entities of South Africa. Many people do not leave their jobs as they are well remunerated.

Pros

Employees are well remunerated.

Cons

Departments has a different working culture. Contract employees don't get some benefits.

Good working place that everyone will love to work for...

Rand water is a good ever the company I have worker for ...even if I can get the opportunity of going back to work for them I will grap that opportunity with both hands

Pros

Free lunches of quality

productive, constructive and fun to work

Maintenance & installation work, management is very much easy to work with, the hardest part is long hours & standbys. The salary, benefits are good.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Overall, the company is very team oriented, with projects shared amongst departments. Further, it is ideal for a person who holds prior experience, as this helps with advancement.

Pros

Flexibility

Productive and learning

8 hours shiftHow to operate cranes and limbsManagement fun to work with Taking your work seriously Dosing 100 buckets of HTH granules into the reservoir Analyzing and capturing water quality

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Weather

Challenging and fun place

work/life balance valued. Best practice application and excellent leadership, Fun place, family oriented, opportunity for growth/room for career growth, market related remuneration, excellent benefits,good company to work for.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Very productive and all protocols observed

Clean environment ,adhere to prtocol of safety, quality,iso,training staff and personal development training.Market remuneration,quarante job secured.

Pros

book your luch at company

Cons

Only for those has extra mile to streach

Good company

Good Experience good Provides with good quality and excellent service Good provider PPE to training and workers Problems with salary range for trainee. Best practices.

Pros

Cons

No comments

Good company

good working culture always have something to do fun and enjoyable place to work at and is micro management company and give you a chance to futher your studies

Pros

good company and good work

Cons

too political

Rand Water is one of the best companies that i've ever worked for.

Working for this company is awesome, as long as u render your services u will not be micromanaged, employees are treated very fairly.Safety is the priority number one in this company.

Enthusiastic about improving career and work experience ,aiming to also add some qualification on my review

Project was aimed at poverty alluviation than help individuals to have a stable income and future security . It was a clear fixed term contract without any future promises.

It is enjoyable to work at randwater because there is many task you need to dull with and solve many problems.

Tips : You must be a person who able to work under pressure . Egue to learn. Intelligent and vigilant. Friendly and always helpfully. Always meet dead line.

Electrical maintenance

I did my electrical apprenticeship at rand water. I qualified as electrician (electrical artisan), with a thoroughly knowledge of electrical maintenance, fault finding and plc

The hardest part of the job is not having resourses to get the job done.

There is inconsitency within the department which at time brings about frustrations. Management very beurocratic leading to bottle neck reporting structures are constricted and one is not given well deserving answers meaning no rationale from workers.

productive

good place to work for and good people I loved working for this company the culture is good and people are friendly all the time, I really enjoyed working for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rand Water. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance