RAWSON PROPERTIES

RAWSON PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

South Africa35 reviews
4,0
The fellow employees are very friendly. The work pace is steady and productive. The hours may be long, but the friendly collegues make it enjoyable. The management is fair.
4,0
Love that you can earn as much as you sell, but I prefer to have a basic salary, it's more secure. The more work you put in the more you get out. You will have to work hard to keep on making money.
• Market related property valuations
• Management of clientele buyers’ and sellers’ database

• Secure sole mandates

• Close and secure deals

• Marketing of saleable in various media

• Cold canvassing for potential buyers and sellers

• Keep abreast of property trends and related industries

• Represent company at marketing and promotional events, launches, etc.

• Ongoing interaction with industry role players such as municipalities, legal professional, building contractors
5,0
It was good working there. The training was excellent. They supported their agents. The office was good. The marketing material was exceptional and available.
4,0
Very well established and passionate people.Alive and always something going on in office. Fast working phase but very well organised. Hard working agents and amazing team of managers helping.
2,0
People don't always get along and there would be a age gap and if you are not a certain age you don't fit in that group, and they judge you with there eyes on what you wear.
Pros
Free wifi and flexi hours
Cons
No basic
5,0
I enjoyed working for Rawson Properties, it gave me the opportunity to express my love for photography and creativity by taking images to be used on their website to be listed for the public ti see.

The environment was very good and the people made you feel like you were apart of a small family.

The only hard thing about my job was when i was required to work as it may have clashed with my after schooling activities, but besides that the individual I worked for was quite understanding.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Not a constant pay
4,0
You work on your own.Guidance and training comes at a cost.You have to pay for it along with other marketing products.

There are no benefits and commision is done on transfer of the property which can take between 3 months and a couple of years.

You meet a lot of people , but the relationship is very business like and you learn a lot about property and building structures.
Pros
you are independant
Cons
long periods with no salary
3,0
On a daily basis I am finding commercial, industrial and retail property stock and linking new and existing clientele is what I do. There is a constant connecting and marketing of these properties to investors and end users.
5,0
its always pleasant to meet new people and learn more everyday, learned a new system and willing to learn more, i have to be on top everyday to get new valuations or new property to sell, hardly get difficult clients they always friendly, the most what i like at my work place is to talk to people they always make me laugh and make my day.
5,0
It was a great experience to work at Rawson Soweto I got to learn a lot about client services and follow up on a possible client and I enjoyed talking to people and building my negotiation skills.
Pros
Free lunches and outings to charity events
Cons
Long walks to clients had no car
5,0
I really enjoyed working for Rawson Properties, I learnt alot and got to meet so many different kinds of people.
The only reason for me leaving was due to being on a commission based salary and only paid out when a sale was made and that could take months.
Pros
extra courses available to employees
Cons
long hours and people contacting you in your private time
5,0
I used to get into work, and get the keys ready, for arrival on the apartment being occupied on that day. Check emails for and requires or possible bookings. Sending emails, quotes on units per night, cleaning services, and any extras the client might want. Filing of new bookings and checking future booking for arrivals and departures. Making sure customers are all happy.
That would take me to about lunch, after lunch I did write up for the estate agents for the properties the are listing

I learnt a lot about the estate agency and how they operate.

The management was professional, yet playful with all the staff, they were very impressed with my professionalism.

The hardest part of the job was me having to learn how everything operates in one day. Every day I enjoyed the job. Cause I strive to be the best I can be.
Pros
Friendly, happy, fun work environment.
Cons
Non
4,0
Training of estate agents was the best, the enjoyable part is when I work unsupervised and can use my skills.Ongoing training at Rawson Property head office are one of the best.
Pros
unsupervised
Cons
no lunch hour
4,0
if you a passion for making money quick and willing to wait on your commission to be paid, this job is meant for you.
you determine your salary but patience is needed
Pros
quick money
Cons
waiting on the money to be paid
2,0
Rawson market to over a million buyers and connect with about 280 000 of them every month. So there’s a good chance we already know someone who wants to buy your property.
4,0
The referral systems were great for me.
Learned that relationships in professional industry is very important

culture here was a bit everyone for themselves

enjoyable was the accomplishments i reached
Pros
own time management
Cons
low commission split
2,0
Hardwork and long hours, lots of focus on money driven industry. Overall it requires a strong willed, money driven, money focused person who has no responsibilities at home eg. kids
5,0
Answering telephone doing all reception duties foiling taking minutes and then started working as a real estate agent selling properties all over western Cape die valuation interacting with banks and attorneys
1,0
Real Estate jobs require a self starter. Person with a vehicle and plenty of time. Basically the job required me to work very hard with little to no resources at all. Working for commission is not for me.
Pros
Road shows
Cons
Commission Based job
3,0
I managed the whole front desk.
From answering to transferring calls, greeting clients, editing photographs, capturing info from sites and resources.

Cold calling. Preparing home valuations. Assist with property viewings.

General admin.

Managing the financial side of things was my weakness. Completely overwhelmed and discouraged me.
Pros
very interesting industry
Cons
workload just tooooo much