RCL Foods
3,8 out of 5 stars.

RCL Foods Employee Reviews

South Africa181 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Pressure but good company to work for

Great company , Great culture , slave drivers of managers ...be prepared to work under pressure ...Good initiatives ....mental health taken seriously ..flexible...safety conscious..

Relaxed fun work environment

Rcl foods have a wonderful building and good facilities to encourage productivity. Feel there could be more order from a systems point of view as systems are sometimes implemented at the top however teething issues are then only ironed out post implementation.

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

Lack of processes

Very welcoming and more informative no anyone due to good procedures in place.

I am what I am today because of RCL Foods. I was offered an opportunity to further studying in order to better my style of managing people from a supervision to management level. Leadership ability which I have today was taught at RCL.

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Great company with amazing potential.

Great company to work at. No day is ever the same. Possibility for growth is there if you want it. Benefits are amazing. If you love a challenge, this is a great company to challenge who you are and what you can achieve.

Pros

Amazing benefits.

Cons

Working on weekends.

Production was on good level we did everything according to protocol

Management always ensures that we were following protocol of the work so it was good beings a worker of RCL FOODS and i always pray that to get another opportunity

Cons

Normal hours

Plant Maintenance

Communication and information is fear.Dignit of people is restored. Respect for all people. Good working conditions.

Pros

Standby allowence

Cons

Avarange

Productive and structuring business wise

Rcl is the best company number one.If you want to grow. Its possible to do soo in the company. Working togethet with the store manangers wheeling and dealing making sure the oders are placed n the sufficiency of the product on shelf...

Productive and sometimes stressful but overall challenging

Rcl food company is a good company to work for, just management styles differ according to different departmental heads but the company policies are applied across the board.

Pros

Free t-shirts and buying on staff prices

Cons

Long ques in the morning due to covud-19 temperature screenings

Was interesting to work in engineering departments but they failed to give me a opportunity after I have qualified ad mechanical Fitter while I was productive, punctual, willing to work after working hours and eager to learn morenew things. It's better than nothing I have gained a lot of experience that can help grow my professional skills in the field of engineering.

Fast paced

Fast paced lots of administration, long distance travelling and fun place to be with lots of learning. Meeting different people from different backgrounds.

Pros

Management support

Company is well managed.

I have learned about managing my work and being able to work well in a team. Data Governance is taken seriously. Everyone treated with outmost respect.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Productive, fun and reliable company to work for.

Fun and exciting company to work for , great leadership . Great culture . Inspiring leadership, good brand to work for interns of perks and other inclusive income.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Work

Fun and great place to work

Great people, supportive management and diverse culture. I found it an exciting place to work people are very collaborative it almost feels like home away from home. There are great opportunities for growth.

Pros

Free lunches, very diverse culture

Cons

Is good opportunity to work on RCL FOODS and I learn a lot of things like to solve some people's problem as we have different culture and opinions religion and how to treat them with dignity

Pros

Free tea time

Cons

Long lunch

Good company

Very much interesting even the company culture is good and the people are very much welcomed.I enjoy the working environment with the company.The company is very much supportive of their employees.

Pros

Own food

Cons

9 hours

Good work space

I would love to work at this company is work rate has improved and has gone beyond its promise. Daily duties are so fun in this field i have learned about cross marchandising and the importance label's in product. At RCL uniform is supplied in time good uniform colours makes you feel like a gentleman. Thanks

Pros

Not hard just challenging

Cons

Flexible hours

Not nice

They will throw you under the train and not even blink an eye. You will have work today and tomorrow your retrenched. Management don't care about lower level employees

Pros

Basically none

Cons

Poor communication, ground level staff only numbers, no training and development

Bellville Hatchery

Working hard for your family is a good thing to do, but over worked, stressed, tired no rewarding work environment drains all employees. Strain hard work causes numerous health problems.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Shorten hour but work loads stay the same

productive hard working factory

my typical day at work was the first week i started working there..i ve learnt to stay on your line of work ...management was very good...the hardest part was to stand the whole 12 hours

Pros

free biscuits for breakfast

Selling bread

It's a big company where you can work nice. This company it's nice to work in this company. But there's no over cos we work more hours. They use commission to pay us but if you sell more than 20 000 bread per month base on your road.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Productive and fun work place but with a lot of pressure but you gain more experience and references

More experience, a way to work with alot of people and communication skills.... Also you gain experience along with superb strategic thinking and management skills to help you to achieve your goals

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RCL Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,5 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • RCL Foods
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?