Rectron

Rectron Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews

2,8Work-Life Balance

Stressful environment

There's lots of pressure to make targets, management is condescending, they don't listen to grievances. I could not stay for long but grateful for the experience

Productive and Fun Workplace

Rectron is a great company to start with in your youth. They invest a lot on trainings and development programs to empower their staff. I enjoyed working at Rectron because did not feel discriminated because of my skin color and i also felt welcomed. Its just minor things that i feel are sensitive to every employer and require attention. During my stay at Rectron i experienced inconsistency in my commission and this was caused by un strategized workload.

Pros

Free lunch

Rectron

HR department is not there for their employees and management does not listen to grievances. They do not encourage employees or listen to ideas to help improve processes. Management is also condescending

Not a great place to work if you like IT

Everyone is like a robot and just doing there thing. You cant smile or get along with people as everyone to busy worrying about something or business and customers treat you bad because you cant deliver because company does not have stock. I was getting yelled at when i could not even provide good service because products never arrived as promised by management. Had to go.

Good

I enjoy working there the experience they gave was awesome working with different peoples friendly staff,to earn a trust to employee its task they gave me with there clients sensitive documents, cash deposits, cheque collections they gave me responsibility I have ever had.

productive and fun place

headache, bloemfontein management they need to upgrade their skills. more especially black people are not considered in higher positions, even if you are well educated, you will never be in the management position, they will make sure that they destroy you in higher management and they gossip a lot.

Pros

lunch 1 hour

Cons

normal hours

Very target driven and will do anything to achieve. Not the best terms of hours worked in a day as well as lunch roster. Deduction of pay when late is unacceptable.

Pros

Experiance gained

Cons

Lunch roster and end of day daily sales meetings

it it okey

it is perfect for someone who wants to gain experience, it is a great place to start, you will learn a lot, you get free lunch but lunch is only30 minuts

Pros

free lunch

Cons

limiting nd lunch is 30mins

good place to work for

Productive and good place to work for,you learn a lot about people and different culture.more challenging but u will enjoy the enviroment.people are more friendly

Pros

free lunch

Cons

8 hours

Proactive and always evolving work enviroment

Rectron has a rich and dynamic culture where Managers aren't taken on from outside these walls, they are rather trained and nurtured into the position and everyone is considered family.

Pros

lunch time is not at a set time

Cons

very hard graphting

fun and the best place I ever work for

Experience / Duties: RECTRON ● Dispatch Manager ● Promoted to Notebook / Laptop Assembler in Assembly Department ● Promoted To PC Assembler (± 60 to 90 PC's per day) ● Promoted To Assembly Manager which duties included: ● Helping with Server Assembly ● Final Testing of all machines on the Assembly line (± 100 PC's) ● Running The Assembly Department ● Making sure all machines are built according to specification and completely functional, and also worthy of the Rectron badge. • Promoted to warehouse manager • Everyday meeting how can we improve on client service

Pros

dispatch manager

Cons

6:00 am to 8:00 pm

high pressure and monotonous

A typical day involves arriving early in the morning for sales training and getting briefed on that days sales expectations, any new product information or incentives as well as feedback on the previous days sales performance. The actual work in itself involves taking constant inbound calls to assist with sales quotes, closing sales or any other sales related queries balanced with making outgoing calls to your own clients to keep them informed on new developments and closing any major deals as well as managing an outlook inbox of mail from clients and sending them new promotional newsletters. Management are easy going and available to assist when they can with pricing but because of the high pressure nature of the job sometimes they aren't even there to assist or provide further information about certain products thus delaying the entire sales process with clients risking the possibility of losing sales. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach unreachable targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for cool sales incentives and prizes.

Pros

free lunch, cool incentives and sales competition

Cons

little pay and no social life

Hard Working and fun environment

The company is vibrant and full of energy,I have worked with allot of hard working and dedicated people,Each individual had their own blend to the company that added value. Rectron works hard and plays hard,I have learnt some great values and lessons and would look forward to working with a company like that again,they believe in taking care of their staff,but management could sometimes be unfare to staff and pretend. Most co-workers got along and were very dedicated to the work and the company. The hardest part of the job - the was'nt one that i could think of! The most enjoyable part of the job was having to face different types of personalities on a daily basis as you learn everyday.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Half Hour Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rectron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance