Red Bull

Red Bull Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,178 reviews

A fun place to learn the ins and outs of sales. Great part-time job for students.

Redbull was a really fun place to work at. It was a very hands-on job in which I had to hit the ground running. I would highly recommend this job to students. It’s the perfect part-time job and it offers necessary experience for those who are interested in sales.

The experience was beyond fantastic

My time working at Red Bull was something I was not expecting it took me by storm, learnt so much about the brand and about sales and marketing overall.. The experience was second to non at my age in a student job to be within students and making fun out of anything. Sales and Marketing experience. Sales make

Career building

An amazing company to be part of. I can honestly say that I started my FMCG career at Red Bull, as I learned the "in's and out's" of the industry within my time at the company

Very proactive and coommited

A typical day at work would be entertaining people for 4-5 hours. I learned great communication skills and collaborative passion. My management skills also improved. Workplace culture was very simple yet educating. Hardest part of the job was nothing actually. The part i enjoyed the most was seeing the satisfaction on the peoples faces while i entertain them.

Productive Responsibility

Working for Red Bull at Plettenberg Rage was a very fun experience as I got to meet a lot of new people from all over the country. It gave me the opportunity to meet different people in the workplace and learn how to work with people. Working for Red Bull required me to be more outgoing and reach out to the people I needed to promote to.

Pros

Plettenberg rage pass

Cons

Very busy

Extremely Satisfied

I have worked for Red Bull since 2014. I have enjoyed and learned an incredible amount from this fantastic company. Great team, Hard workers, Interesting and constantly adapting environment. I am very proud to say I am and have been apart of Red Bull for 5 years. Should leave the company it would only be for personal reasons and not for any complaint with regards to company and brand.

Fun Company to work for

Red Bull is a great company to expand your knowledge on Energy Drinks industry. The Comiajy Culture is young and vibrant, and a great place to Spread your wings

Pros

Cool experience and meeting new people

Fun Workplace

A great company to learn and meet new people in. The job offers you opportunities to be part of a lot of amazing sport and culture events around the country and even internationally. Most fun I've had at work!

Pros

Exposure to different industries

Cons

Pay is average

Entertaining

Working with a Red Bull team to promote brand products at big events in and around Gauteng, primarily Pretoria. Management is always organized and ready to brief.

Pros

The opportunity to network.

Cons

Delayed payments

Fun student job, got to see and experience a lot

It was fun, I did an excellent job but towards the end I felt under appreciated. I used to ensure the brand is visible on my campus I was operated on, ensuring SKUs are met, and a point of sale on each cafeteria was available, liasing with various departmental heads and overseeing events. The hardest part was the hours being worked but I thoroughly enjoyed my job.

Part-time employees made to feel less important

You are required to do field work but you are not given inadequate support as they give the full time employees that do field work. You are required to use your own car, own petrol and own cellphone at your own expense to tackle the work handed to you where as full time employees are provided. Management tries by all means to keep you as a part time employee, not willing to grow you into a full time position no matter when the opportunities arises. You can work so hard that you achieve your targets but your efforts will go unnoticed.

Pros

Working hours, free stock, and free merchandise

Cons

No petrol card, no company car, no company cellphone, and no growth within the organisation

Productive and fun workplace

Beautiful offices Amazing people to work with High demand in everyday work requirement, but satisfaction to achieve goals are so much higher

Pros

Team building and annual conferences are amazing

Cons

Traffic to get to work suck

Fun student job in an open environment

A typical day at work would be either being picked up or picking up a colleague in the company vehicle, collecting stock and buying ice to ensure the stock is unpacked in the fridge and chilled. Then planning our mission for the day within our set sampling occasion and heading out to find those consumers. We'd then sample consumers their preferred Red Bull product and listen to consumer perceptions, we'd answer any negative perceptions and invite consumers to our social channels. After sampling, we report our findings on a portal and include pictures of the sampling mission. I've definitely become more comfortable with myself by interacting with consumers on a daily basis which improved my confidence. I've learned to manage my time more efficiently and to be spontaneous. Its been a pleasure working with my team members and have no issues working in a team as I generally get along with everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that sampling is up to our discretion. We plan our shifts (the places we sample/the consumers we wants to reach) which makes it fun and the job is flexible so we can work around our school schedule.

Pros

five hour shifts, direct interaction with people, outdoor environment

Cons

no eating on the job.

Red Bull S.A is only one of the top companies in the world. Management and staff treat uyou like family.

Every day is different and new events always comes up. I learned how to work with different clients with different needs. Management treat you like you important and helps you were they can. My co-workers always go the extra mile even when we are tired after a heavy weekend of events. The hardest part of working in events are working every almost every holiday. Weekends are normal to me because i worked Monday to Sunday for seven years. I would say the enjoyable part of the job is when the client comes to and thank you for a success in the event. A events planner or manager got a tough job but i done it at least for five years and i enjoyed it.

Pros

Take out every day.

Cons

Very strange working hours

Productive and fun work place

We would have a weekly meeting, at this meeting our shifts for thsi week were given to us. the shifts were based on, find people at work, at university, playing sport, people driving, anywhere where energy is needed. Then as a sampler you would approach people educated them on the product and offer them a complimentary Red Bull. During the time at Red Bull, I learnt good peoples skills as I met new people daily. I learnt interactive skills and how to productively work in a team. The challenging part, was working in a team as sometimes team memebers dont always pull their weight. The shifts were sometimes challengingb as wew were required to work at night and sometimes, thois was a fearful experience as neing a woman on the road at night is dangerous. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new people constantly, being part of the Red Bull family and the huge Red Bull events. Over all, it was a pleasure working for the company

Pros

meeting new people, working with a great bunch of people being part of the Red Bull experience

Cons

working late nights

Stresfull and demanding workplace

Planning needs to be done the day before. You need to know what you want to achieve for the day. You have set targets to achieve. Its a hard working company as any other.

fun workplace

At a Redbull event i walk around taking videos and pictures of people in position of the product given to them. I learned to be confidence

Pros

free entry to events

Cons

short time, lot of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Bull. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Red Bull
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?