Renaissance Hotels

Renaissance Hotels Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 451 reviews

Brand Manager

• Developed style criteria for all public spaces and guestrooms setting visual tone for website & properties, resulting in accelerated sales growth and profitability of 21% driving customer satisfaction up 55%.• Partnered with design, sourcing and technical design vendors to develop proto and production samples.• Created comprehensive databases of regional resources for staging elements and update on a regular basis in the index of the “Look book” while maintaining all property budgets to sustain achieved staging.• Buyer for all interior decor, handled quotations, proposals, negotiations, documentation of orders.• Traveled nationally to train company offices on implementing new brand initiatives and brand execution.• Responsible for merging luxury brands collaborations with companies’ such as Jonathan Adler & ELLE.

Productive, fun place to work, lovely colleagues and experienced management.

If you want to work in hospitality and learn the craft then this is the place to work. So much exposure and experience around you. Makes you feel special and important.

Pros

Free lunches, bedroom discounts and many more.

Cons

Can be long hours but that's in your own control.

Place is truly a joke.

Think long and hard before becoming a front desk agent/supervisor here. Management is poor they leave the front desk agents with all of the heavy lifting while they sit around and give you feedback only when you do something “wrong”. I had multiple occasions working here as full time front desk where they couldn’t even give me a lunch break, yet I got to the back to ask a “manager” a question to see them snacking on chips. What a slap in the face to the hard work front desk agents do. Be prepared to be the face of ALL the problems that occur at this hotel. They won’t even let you sit down during your shift you have to stand a full 8 hours. What a joke. I had guests that told me it was laughable that I was not allowed to sit/had no assistance with most of the guest issues that occurred. Run. There’s so much better out there. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

Enjoyed working there!

I worked for the Renaissance Hotel for a year. I enjoyed working there. The benefits are ok. I love that they allow their employees to use the fitness room. I also love that they feed their employees a buffet style meal everyday! We never have to pay for lunch! Another plus is that since the Renaissance is a Marriott chain, you get discounted rooms at all Marriott chain hotels all across the country. I remember once when my daughter's school was having teacher appreciation week, my boss donated a free room certificate to the school to choose a teacher to award it too.

Nice Workplace

I honestly think my experience would have been much better if it was not for Covid. Unfortunately at the time I was really the only server and that lead to long shifts and being overwhelmed at a point.

Pros

Staff, Customers, Easy to Advance

Cons

Short Breaks, Long Shift

My favorite is probably the flexibility I have with my hours. I also love the company culture and enjoy working with everyone. Versatility of being able to do a variety of tasks. Having a forward-thinking, supportive company that realizes employees are their greatest asset, Career Growth Opportunities, Positive and Inspiring Company Culture, Effective and Transparent Management, Solid Health Programs. Best place to grow in the hospitality industry!

Pros

Relaxed working environment

Hard work but fun

Working for Renaissance Hotels was a great start to my career. It was fun and I learned a great deal from the staff there. There's many areas to learn from such as housekeeping, laundry, and catering.

Corporate oriented

Must be able to deal with rude and entitled guest.Managers were always overworked and could not delegate tasks or navigate their team properly.They don’t train properly, more of a learn as you go environment. Only good thing were the coworkers I found along the way. You can learn useful skills for a short term deal, anything longer is NOT promised.

Perfect environment for productive activity

This company has the most caring workforce I've ever worked with. I was impressed with the way that my supervisors trained me to succeed. I was treated as a person who was important to the company.

Pros

Excellent support

Cons

Job dependent upon business

Great for gaining experience in the hospitality industry. It’s fast paced and upbeat.

I enjoyed working with certain people overall. Management wasn’t the best, they sometimes threw things at you and expected you to swim fast without drowning. They ask for your feedback and dismisses it when it’s not what they wanted to hear. If you only mention you’re going to look for another job because of how they treated you, they throw in your face that you “should be lucky you have a job here.” They overwork you and the schedule system was never stable. My biggest pet peeves: there were NO confidentiality whatsoever! If management didn’t like you, they would do everything in their power to push you out! The Front office manager would speak to you like you were less than a penny. She would throw tantrums in front of you and if she’s upset, everyone has to know and feel that energy. They do have a few good benefits though, dry cleaning, $3 meal plan, $250 clothing reimbursement, and 50% off restaurant food.

Great Benefit and great coworkers

I worked for this company for almost six years. I moved up to management and enjoyed it even more. The pandemic hit this industry hard, I was one of the few fortunate to keep my job. It’s slowly returning to normal, but benefits aren’t as good as they used to be. Like most companies, it was hard to hire new help. Expect to work a lot of overtime if allowed.

great experience and work environment

great..working environment were easily to adapt..people surrounding were very cooperative and helping each other..no high tone of voice were used but in fact any difficulties occurred were rectify in professional way..

Miserable place

I worked in the food and beverage department and it was awful. Pay was very low and wasn't worth the amount of workload. Do not recommend working here

Pros

flexible schedule (sometimes)

Cons

management, overwork, low pay

Ambiente agradable y motivación de crecimiento.

Un lugar totalmente gratificante para trabajar, te dan la oportunidad de crecer y trabajan totalmente en equipo!

Pros

Seguro médico, ingresos satisfactorios, oportunidades de crecimiento, entrenamiento.

Cons

Horas largas de trabajo

There were jobs for men and then jobs for women

Women were told to stop carrying heavier objects that the guys would do it, guys told not to work on buffets because it’s a woman’s job. Got fired for car breaking down and being late twice..both Times were told about before shift, third time had to bring dog to vet and went to work got let go with no warning or written notice , nothing! I don’t recommend this place from employee view but most of the staff was great to work with otherwise

Pros

Lunch $5 week

Cons

Men overpower women

Fun place to work,

Great place to work. Long hours, stressful at times. Great co-workers. It can be very busy and sometimes you have to wear many hats specially during Covid

Productive and understanding workplace

Nice place to work nice work culture really understanding and helpful staff always wanted to work in such organisations really good supporting staff such as human resource and other love the atmosphere really well always want that kind of workplace where ever I go overall it's to nice to work with such organisations.

We mak party between employer. It's my best time

Im working in hotel renaissence tlemcen Algéria between 2018 and 2020 . I really enjoyed and loved my work in this company because it's was lik my seconde family and we work as a time . I take a good experience and I learned many things. Because of that I m in dubai now and I wish find job in this company egain . Tnks egain

ApA kah saya bisa bekerja lagi di hotel renaissance

Saya ingin bekerja lg di hotel renaissance, saya nyaman kerja di sana

Good environment for making tips as server

Clientele is awesome. Benefits are top tier. Management needs help. It really doesn’t help with morale. Enjoyed my coworkers and my actual position.

Pros

Money

Cons

Department managers are not consistent nor very respectful towards employees

Very pleasant to work there friendly environment

They really show great appreciation for there employees whether it be a card gifts or sometimes even lunch I really liked working there . They really work with you and it's more like a family than a job with employees. ALOT of smiles there

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renaissance Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 451 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Renaissance Hotels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?