Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Employee Reviews

South Africa71 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Unpredictable and professional

Unpredictable production demands due to nature of customers. However, company has a great proffessional working environment with opportunities to grow in certain departments.

It was a production company

It was very pleasant working there,gaining experience within the company.Learning new things gaining knowledge about production working independently.

Started as an intern and literally feel like we were a family. Second home.

Great Gain proper skills and trainingStaff felt like family, became second home.Room for growth was always there.Difficult to became permanet worker.Team building was a regular kept the employees motivated.

Pros

Proved you will proper skills

Cons

Hard to be permanet staff.

Productive and friendly workers around you.

Being a contractor for more than 5 years kills the motivation with no job security and unable to do future plans. The different treatment towards permanent and contractors puts issues among workers.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Labour broker and poor planning

It's a fun work place and productive

It's good to work at Rheinmetall hence we learn lots of things especially on the operational(machining)even though it took long to recruit permanent staff

Good company to work for and nice benefits

Good and nice place to work for. It has employee benefits and empowerment for its employees.Provides training and development for workers. Nice wages also.

Cons

Normal hours

Use to be productive in family fun and more...no more.

At a company like Rheinmetall night shift is a high risk of safety,but it's a nice clean and safe inviromont to work .We would love to have family day back.Yes they could gave us increase and suitable benefits eg.medical aid.Help us with learner and driver licence.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Nights shift- bad

Productive and good environment

Concentrate on what you a hired to do, time wasting is an issue. Team work is the best at Rheinmetall, it has been a great honor to be working under the supporting management

Lack of permanent positions

Good working hours, transport provided. Getting permanent is the biggest struggle, only people with known family get permanent. Casualing up to 5years

Pros

Good working hours and fair salary

Cons

Becoming permanent takes years up to 5 years

Great working environment

It is very motivating environment to be part of, I have achieved so much knowledge, skills, and techniques such as excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work under pressure, customer focus, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.

Pros

Growth and development

one of my first desktop jobs. Amazing working at rheinmetall-denelmunition. Great team to work with. best friendly environment. they paid for my studies.

It is great working at rheinmetall

Company that value its employees by providing safety a d security at all times. Company that instill discipline all the time. It gives an employees opportunity to improve themselves hence a good company to work for. They care about the well being of its employees by providing health personnel during normal working days and providing first aid when incidents happens.

It's a good company only some of the management dont consider the safety and health of the operators

it was a good experience for me to learn and adapt to a new environment place of working and being part of a team that can treat operators equal. Even if it was challenging sometimes, each day came with new challenges.

insightful and productive

Typical day is normally , clock in have a meeting with rest of team and supervisor. We look at previous targets if met, days target problem solving, all relevant aspects regarding basic procedures . When I get my total for day start with my tasks. Best part is learning new things everyday from staff that work for company many years and just working with the peoplethat understands you and always help where they can. Hardest part would be when components fail and deadline almost there so we as team need to perform miracles .

As QA Technologist

It's quite interesting working in an explosive company, industry. I would say that the department of Quality in this company plays a big part in terms of production, example imaging manufacturing a component with the micro tolerance difference. The experience that I have gained from this company can put me to fit in any manufacturing company in the world.

Problem solving and consistency

I enjoyed everything at denel it was a good feeling every morning to get up and ready to go to work. The work colleague friendly and very helpful if you ask advise. The nuture and the work environment was very nice.

Productive and fun place to work lots of room for growth, the people are always helpful and there are good systems in place, which make the corporate world easy

Great company and a great working environment

A great company ideal for CNC machinists, business units, and quality assurance job seekers. Plenty of opportunities and great opportunity to gain experience

Fun workplace and healthy working environment

Very happy that I got to work at that type of an environment. It was just unfortunate it was a contract would've loved to work as a permanent there I still hope one day I'll be given a chance to comeback

Pros

Free coffee

Friendly stuff and a good environment

I enjoyed working at Rheinmetall even though it was on contract I wish my contract was renewed.It is a very nice environment to work under whether you're a first time worker or you have experienced worker.

All & All good experience

I had a great time in the short period i worked there unfortunately my journey had to end do to contracting for them.. They have excellent safety hazard and rules in place..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rheinmetall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance