Rheinmetall

South Africa73 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,6Pay & Benefits

It's a fun work place and productive

It's good to work at Rheinmetall hence we learn lots of things especially on the operational(machining)even though it took long to recruit permanent staff

Good company to work for and nice benefits

Good and nice place to work for. It has employee benefits and empowerment for its employees.Provides training and development for workers. Nice wages also.

Cons

Normal hours

Use to be productive in family fun and more...no more.

At a company like Rheinmetall night shift is a high risk of safety,but it's a nice clean and safe inviromont to work .We would love to have family day back.Yes they could gave us increase and suitable benefits eg.medical aid.Help us with learner and driver licence.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Nights shift- bad

Lack of permanent positions

Good working hours, transport provided. Getting permanent is the biggest struggle, only people with known family get permanent. Casualing up to 5years

Pros

Good working hours and fair salary

Cons

Becoming permanent takes years up to 5 years

I was setting and operating

Its was nice good company with good working conditions .very demanding when it comes to target.bt we did very well as team .with an undestanding we made it

Fixed term worker at Rheinmetall Denel Munition

Rheinmetall Denel Munition is a great company. The only problem is whenever there's a decrease in production, our fixed term workers are the ones whom suffer. Our contract stipulate that when there's no work, we must stay at home. No complains about the salary because they provide a basic salary which is more than what retail work offers. The company also provides the necessary training in order for us to work in a safe environment.

Clean and producktive place

I like to be the firts at work and always on time and willing to work overtime or shifts and im willing to work in a team and like stay in n good spirit at work

Production and bonuses

I was a hard worker and I learn very well,now I certified a TLB certificate. Am willing to work overtime. We was working shifts and when we knocked off by 22:00 late there's a free transport(stuff bus)

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long break, health care, etc

Productive place wherby people can learn alot in

A place where they willing to teach people more of what they dont knw..and a friendly environment, place where house keeping is taken seriously, and safety

Pros

Meal vouchers

Cons

Long hours, and working standing

Professional work environment

It is a great place to work , colleages no each other and work well together. There is a professional work ethic that is followed. They are very accomodatting when it comes to family of leaves needs to be taken.

Pros

Lunch are provided at very low rates

Productive and fun

Everything and everyone are good.helping.developing,chalenging,bursaries.good environment to work in..team building occasions..trips.comunity uplifting

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No complain

productive and focusing in a target

I worked at RDM for 5 yrs as contract worker, I did enjoy my time working at R DM as I was working at laundry washing workers clothes and fix them ,they had lot of programs where they teach us safety comes first .

Pros

free lunches on specail days

Cons

8hrs and over time

It is a very organised company and produces quality products.Permanent employers has well deserved benefits however its a disadvantage to the contract workers as they are not recieving any.

Pros

No work on sundays.

Cons

Taking advantage of workers.

CNC Operator

CNC Operator Machinist Job Duties: Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T). Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock. Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs. Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads. Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes. Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; -

productive and teaching to be professor

Always use that slogan is working on tagerts and house keeping

Pros

free lunches

Cons

3 shifts

work in an family orientated work place which was very nice to work in

It was my second home we were a *company family* had lots off memories some r good some r bad which the good ones over cast the bad ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rheinmetall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Rheinmetall
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?