Rhodes University
4,1 out of 5 stars.
Rhodes University Employee Review

I am a meticulous worker that works well in a team as well as an individual.

5,0
19 November 2014
I work at the sports department at the University level. I get to interact with a lot of students, parents, community members and different departments from the University. i am an excellent communicator,can build and maintain working relationships on different levels. Also I have 17 years of experience as an administrator from different industries including banking, IT, Sports, Early childhood development and institution of higher education.
Pros
Interact with people from different cultures
Cons
Most sporting events happen over weekends
4,0
5 November 2015
Same role
Residence Administrator / Admin. Assistant (Current Employee) - Residential Operations Division
The office is always busy with personnel and students coming in. Politics and red tape is frustrating. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Time frames has to be met to ensure smooth running of the daily procedures. The office environment is always happy and friendly.
5,0
16 April 2015
Same roleSame location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) - Grahamstown, EC
I love my job, learnt a lot whilst working here for 6 years. There are people from diverse backgrounds and I have built many lasting relationships with them
Pros
Plenty of benefits, Humble people
Cons
I was not permanent so therefore I had no benefits
4,0
12 June 2020
Same location
Administrator at career centre (Former Employee) - Grahamstown, Eastern Cape
I worked at Rhodes University for three years but the contract ended. I worked independently and enjoyed my work so much as the admin assistant of the career centre.
Pros
You deal with different people from different back ground
Cons
The work enviroment can be atressful
  1. I am a meticulous worker that works well in a team as well as an individual.