Rhodes University

Rhodes University Employee Reviews for Test Preparation Tutor

At Rhodes University, I have been more of a student than I am of an employee. My tutoring job was the best experience, even though I was not paid well. I learnt to balance between work and academics, critical thinker and I have learnt to work under pressure without any supervision. The Department of Statistics has a very good management team, with good working relationship between employers and employees. The hardest part of the job was to be considerate when marking students. In addition, meeting deadlines was also not easy, but because I am able to work under pressure. I was able to submit reports and marked scripts on time.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
sometimes working on weekends
It was great contributimg towards tje knowledge and understanding of fellow students who were a year behind. Having a positive impact in their lives gave me a sense of purpose
It gave me a chance to interact with interesting people. I learned more about art. It improved my communication and problem-solving skills. Teamwork The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you have to deal with rude and realistic and in those circumstances you to be polite and calm no matter how rude the person is because you are representing the organization "you are their brand".
Pros
meeting new people with different characteristics
Cons
Rude or unrealistic guests
A very productive day at work, meeting different people of different characters. Learnt how to deal and cope with different people's attitudes as well as working in a team. Good time management and getting a lot of work done (covering relevant topics within a given time). The job was fun and manageable. I enjoyed creating networks, meeting new people and gaining some new knowledge from colleagues.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
extended hours