Rio Tinto
Information from Rio Tinto:

Rio Tinto Employee Reviews

South Africa20 reviews
3,0
They have got good work codes but they only observe them to please the management.
Different rules for different people. They have problems with indigenousation .

Career progression is limited
Pros
Good travelling cover
Cons
Refuse to adapt to local practises
5,0
Excellent company to work for. Professional management and good employee care. Good safety culture and community engagement. Good employee development culture.
5,0
Workplace was a fun relaxing working environment and the staff were really enjoyable to work with. The role was also really challenging which was good for my own personal development.
5,0
This is currently the second biggest company in the mining world. Very professional and had a number of roles that one could moved to in the world. They are leaders and very progressive in their approach.
Pros
Cons
Travelling
5,0
Planning daily supplies for project teams were a real pleasure , administrating the aftermath of the project , also challenging,

But great fun and learning experince
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Far from family
• Budget Management and Cash Management
• Sound Financial Accounting System implementation

• Effective Project Management

• Market trend analysis

• Ensuring compliance of policies, procedures and control

• Extensive knowledge of donor management projects
4,0
i was a office administrator. i got experience in human resources. very nice environment to work in. good management. most hardest part was over time.
5,0
Excellent company to work for, I gained well-rounded experience in my field. The training provided is of a high standard. Work-life balance is respected.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Sometimes long hours
5,0
I had fun learning and working there.the staff there is very professional .the supervisor waa very patient and was willing to show me the ropes on things i didn't understand at first
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
RioTinto thinks of its people as the future of the industry, and are committed to providing employees with a dynamic and diverse work environment.
RioTinto believe in openness and transparency across its global business, where people are empowered to grow and learn.

Where all Rio's successful mining operations are underpinned by strong work ethics and our core values putting peoples safety first.
Pros
Employee Development
Cons
Disgruntled Host Community resulting in unrest and protests
2,0
In this company there was no sign for growth, which made it difficult for me to stay as i had a vision. working on this company is not recomended for young growing ambitius individuals
Pros
Management was friendly
Cons
No growth
4,0
Productive work place with world class standards.Decent amount of politics and red tape.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues ,sharing experiences and mentoring trainees.
Pros
employee friendly
Cons
limited stakeholder interaction
5,0
Productive,good salaries and good incentives.To be an experienced and innovative personnel. To uphold high personal integrity, goal orientation, innovative and effective leadership skills.

Most of the co workers are friendly. Spending the whole day under the mine
Pros
Free Accommodation and food
Cons
Normal Hours
4,0
Great environment. Take great care of image and doing the right thing in a very difficult industry.
Cons
little visibility for those not located in UK or Australia.
4,0
My role is a functional role.
I reported into a global team - POS.

We are two team members, responsible for the Southern Africa Region / Business Units (Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa & Mosambique).

Facilitating global leadership programmes and promoting e-learning and online college and academies.
Pros
Flexibile working hours
Cons
Small department - not much room to move upwards
3,0
It's a fast paced environment. The culture is the best. I like the company because they have flexi hours and you can work from home.
Pros
Working from home and flexi hours
Cons
Not too many benefits
• Busy but satisfying.
• New Procedures and how to assist the contractors.

• We have a great Manager and he taught me allot.

• I have a good relationship with my co workers.

• The hardest part would be to work with incompetent Supervisors(Contractor)

• The satisfaction of achieving Production targets and coaching of contractor employees.
Pros
production bonusses and good working hours
Cons
lazy co workers
5,0
A typical day at work must be for you to go out and give your best,to be productive in everything you do and it must be fun for you to do your normal duties.You must give your best at all time - more than just 100 %.Your boss must feel that he or she can hand out your duties,and you will be able to go on with your work.Therefore,he must know that you will deliver at all timeS and that he can trust you.Every new day I see it as an opportunity at work that when you have learned something new it helps you as employee to grow in yourself and to get more experience in life.Management also plays a very important role in a company.If the managers give their all and show leadership,i feel that the employees working under management will therefore follow management steps to be better in the workplace,teamwork,communication,ect.Co-workers must first respect one another and it will then lead to excellent production as well as teamwork.Another thing thats very important is to always help your co-workers to see safety first,before they start with any duties for the day.The hardest part of the job or any job - is to get people to understand to enjoy their job,value it,respect one another culture and very important safety first,and also to help co-workers to solve any conflict problems and rather to learn more about anothers cultures.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you and your co-workers complete the job without any problems or delays.Also when your boss come and let you all know well done.If all give their part to get the job done and management show their appreciation at the - more...
Pros
any
Cons
any
4,0
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team. The management is well done, I have learned to work on SAP and following the policies and procedures of the type of work
Pros
gym
3,0
Very good company to work for. Very good employer to employee relationship . They look after your needs as good as they can. If possible they send you on courses to better yourself for the future .
Pros
bonus system in place.
Cons
medical aid. 1 hour lunch