RMB Private Bank
4,3 out of 5 stars.

RMB Private Bank Employee Reviews

RMB Private Bank is a division of FirstRand, a fully integrated financial services group in South Africa. Through its ownership of the companies listed below, the FirstRand Group can operate in almost every area of the financial services arena.
Management is fair and approachable. I only worked there a short time but I thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience gained which led to other opportunities
Good place to work for as it is part of the FirstRand Group which is very dynamic and the leader in banking especially digital banking which is the way forward internationally.
I was at RMB Private Bank for a year and a half. I learned a lot and the people you work with are great. It is a stressful environment but this helps you in becoming a better employee.
This place felt like home from the beginning, It was work from day 1 with gifts daily for the 1st week. The environment is a little hectic at times as with any other financial institution but I found a lot of support and my bosses are the best and most patient people I've worked for. The general atmosphere is relaxed though from time to time you deal with the odd person throwing a tantrum. I honestly hope to get a permanent position here as this is an environment I enjoy wholeheartedly
There are very flexible working hours and the environment is high paced with lots of perks for permanent stuff. The work is very advanced and high pressure.
great place to work energetic learn a lot motivational and inspiring great leadership you learn to deal with a multitude of people in the banking industry as well and clients with different requirements
Great culture Freedom to start projects. Market related remuneration.Good bonus structures. Growth in tge business is promoted and management assist with moving into different roles.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Minimal offices
Owning your own development. I had a lot of support in gaining my credit knowledge Managing your own time and work, no micro management The people are very nice.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
less packages
Loading of payroll, salaries, annual leave, maternity leave, unpaid leave, medical aid, UIF, all incoming liabilities for the month that affected salaries Manual filling until electronic filling system was introduced Updating of annual leave card and loading leave on the system Assisting staff member with maternity applications, motor vehicle claims, housing finance, study loans and study leave Management was excellent The culture was as if once big happy family The hardest part of my job was when staff members do not understand their own payslip The most enjoyable part of my job was JOB SATISFACTION
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RMB Private Bank?
Brilliant Place to work - great work life balance.Company with an exceptional culture. company that cares about people (staff)
The company provides lots of fun as well as a hardworking environment and the people culture here is wonderful. You learn a lot as there is constant changes to systems and the way we do our work so you will always be equipped to do your job.
Pros
Team Buildings
Depending on which day of the month it is, my day would be quite busy. interacting with clients and fulfilling their banking requests.
Pros
Working with a great team of young graduates
Cons
Work pressure when we are short staffed
RMB Private Bank is a great step for career establishment. Hard work and long hours are needed to advance into a new role. Private Banking continues to offer great access to interesting clients however poor operations/processes don't allow bankers to reach optimum sales potential (This is the hardest part of the job) No offices abroad. Most enjoyable part of the job is turning upset clients into satisfied one's and salvage these relationships. Management is excellent, fair and represent great leadership.
Pros
28 days leave per annum
Cons
bottlenecks and poor processes leading to client complaints
I have gained a wealth of knowledge working for this company for as long as I have. Growth and promotions are always available to staff.
Pros
the ability to express my opinions
Cons
All the time we had the team building, my team was WOW in everything,
Pros
Team Building
My day at work most of the time is very unpredictable as there are alot of changes on a continuous basis. I have learned alot in terms of knowledge and the systems and also the different types of individuals that one has to work with. My co-workers are very diverse and I am an extrovert so I get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is that of being treated like school kids. The most enjoyable part is that I love a challenge and I give it my best to achieve the best results.
Pros
free juice, coffee, tea
Cons
unable to work flexible hours, expected to work from home as well without pay.
Fun environment, great culture, very hard working individuals, Work hard - Play hard Environment
Pros
half day once in two months
Cons
The office is very welcoming and there is a great vibrancy of personalities. Able to self-manage responsibilities and there is flexibility on working hours.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
remuneration
  1. Employee Reviews