Robertson And Caine
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Robertson And Caine Employee Reviews

South Africa21 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Company is generally good to their staff

Work environment is conducive. Company could look into benefits (medical aid, pension/provident fund)for their employees. Staff recognition is given quarterly which is good.

Pros

TIL is given if you work more than your core hours

Cons

No benefits

Working at Robertson and Caine is exciting building world class catamarans

It's challenging yet a great experience. The excitement comes when you see the finished product and read about it in other reviews. On the pamphlets you can see your handiworks it gives you a sense of pride knowing that you are a building this huge sought after catamaran that people are seeking after.

Robertson and Caine are south Africa's largest boat building manufacturing in export.

I was a store packer it was a excellent company always want the best quality strive for the best always and it was a great working experience I learned alot

Pros

Fair working hours

Cons

No cons

Not satisfied

It was a bad experience for me, I was told I would be working as a finishing Carpenter and I was expected to give in or put in the same amount of work but then I was getting a Salary that was half of my SA counterparts.

productive and fun

i had a very good experience and and i learned a lot of new things and ways of solving problems at work and working under pressure it was such an amazing experiance

Very productive and yet still fun place to work

Awesome work environment., great culture, very productive driven, Target Driven, Fair treatment of staff and fellow colleagues. Id definitely go work there again

Depending department that you work in. Cultures are different in each department.

Always be ready for day to day changes in the company. Focus point must always be that boats must be delivered to customer on time with minimum defects.

Pros

Start with morning sessions. Teatime and lunch time always stipulated that you must take.

Cons

The morning planning sometimes get over turned by managers, because they have senior position to move staff around.

Interesting people

The business has grown quickly and certain systems and procedures need to be streamlined. Fantastic colleagues, management isn't always consistent and fair therefore a very mixed positive and negative environment.

I learn teamwork and honesty

I started as a finisher and laminator at Robertson and caine and get promoted as a quality control inspector in moulding shop, promoted as quality control inspector on assembly and currently supervisor.

Productive , fun , sometimes demanding

Working here furthered my knowledge of how things work regarding fitting and assembling various things , its a great start for someone who just starting to work , unfortunately for me I reached my point to move on to something bigger , more challenging and financially beneficial

Productive and Educational workplace

Robertson and Caine is a growing company with loads of opportunity to learn and develop in your field. Throughout my time there, i grew a lot as a person and developed certain skills i can carry forward in my career.

Productive and Very creative Workplace

Robertson and Caine is the biggest Yacht building company in South Africa and it was a fantastic experience to learn and manage such wonderful, creative and skilled people from all different cultures and races. It was a different addition to my career, but one to remember as great experience was gained.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Long Hours

productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed working there. There was plenty opportunity to learn more and I was given the opportunity to grow. The salary was awesome. The job itself was fulfilling.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Mass production of high end yacht building both exiting and glamorous to others knowing I build yachts.Salary is ok.Overtime immense.You learn a lot of skills,like ability to work really fast whilst maintaining quality.

Pros

Better lifestyle

Cons

Fibreglass

Great learning experience and considerate employer

I gained a huge amount from this great company. They supported me and taught me a great deal. The staff are friendly and a pleasure to work with. Thank you!

lots of learning opertunertys

Like sailing knots how a boat work on water and you do lots of commissioning by how to do sailing in bad weather by building dreams of people dealing with problems u have while sailing

Cons

n\a

Proud to be part of a beautiful product

We build 150+ cruising catamarans per year in 5 production facilities. Leopard Catamarans are regarded as the best charter boats in the Caribbean and Mediterranean markets, having won numerous awards.

Productive and Good growth-point

I utilized my attention to detail to set an organized store-room. Logistics skills control, Material Handling and Facility layout skills developement, Good work culture

Pros

Excellent Management, Able to build-up a good Industrial Engineering

Cons

Not sufficient room for growth

Good enviroment

Be productive in what u do.if u open minded and want show potential then this is the place to be..many in house vacancies.. Great place to learn new skills.good environment.. Friendly managers and staff.

Pros

Fun to work

Cons

Regular hours

very productive and strict

Unsafe environment and many risks of health and safety chemicals can can leads to unhealthy stages in the long term must be sober minded in the boat building industry

Pros

vouchers

Cons

normal time shifts

Some staff believe in supporting one another.Work smart to achieve your goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robertson And Caine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance