Roche

Roche Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,288 reviews

Productive and competitive work environment

I enjoyed my 9 years at Roche, with a competitive and productive work environment. Senior leaders support development and initiative. Work life balance is fair and manageable. Sound company to work for.

Fast Paced and always competitive

Very collaborative each day and I have learnt to work both in teams and alone. Engaging working culture with internal and external customers. Management approachable and goal driven. Not difficult but frustrating part of the job is the short dated and out of stock items, not actually knowing when new stock will arrive. Enjoyable part of the job is receiving appreciations for job well done by either internal/ external customers.

Innovative and collaborative working environment at all times

A challenging working environment which was different on a daily basis. I learnt that every action had consequences and that before carrying out an action the consequences had to be identified and mitigated. Management were very supportive and encouraging.

work hard & play hard environment

Roche is a flexible working environment that allows individuals the opportunity to be themselves and manage work according to their preferences. Training is the core focus for its employees.

Pros

Clinic onsite, subsidised canteen, flexible working environment

Cons

sometime work life balance is not there

Productive and Skills development

Offers opportunity for staff to develop their skills while offered opportunity to be productive at the home depending on the role. Independence Management support Diverse culture Recognize and reward employees fairly Opportubnity to learn Doesn;'t apply company rules equally amongst different races Racial decisions on human rights

Pros

Subsidezed lunch

Cons

Work and family balance

Leader in its field

Best company I ever worked for. Flexible working hours. Top of the range equipment. Very professional, highly skilled staff and managers. Amazing workplace culture.

Pros

Flexible working hours that suits your personal needs

Excellent

I have never had a bad day here. You feel very appreciated at Roche, and benefits are great. Work-life balance is ideal because we get to work flexi hours.

Great company to work for

Calling on Pharmacies Dr and hospitals. New products each month and product promotion strategies changed frequently. Great management team, good culture in the company, interacting with my customers.

Pros

company perks

Productive and fun workplace

The corporate culture in Roche is excellent and it seems to be the stuff you read about in books. Management are genuinely interested in the opinions of other staff and there is cooperation between departments on projects

Great Growth and Development

Opportunities growth and development within a well structured organogram. Great work life balance with market leader products and performance Good teamwork and culture

Progressive and growing Company

The Company is very focused on applying good leadership principals. Organises many activities for employees. Planning and strategy regarding prioritisation of Projects needs to be improved as well as discipline regarding work processes. The local affiliate enjoys excellent support and guidance from the global organisation.

Pros

Active and engaging company.

Cons

Growing rapidly, sometimes chaotic and undisciplined

Great Company to work for..

Great Company overall but too many contractors, no job security i guess. Overall great company, staff is friendly, so much potential for growth. Roche really invests in their employees and takes care of them.

Pros

Subsidised lunch

Cons

Junior staff too involved in high level issues

Responsable for South Africa and Sub Sahara Africa, I.T. systems and connectivity. This includes Pharmaceutical and Diagnostics divisions. Im part of the Pharma Business Board. I enjoy what I do, the most challenging is to manages diversity across Africa

Pros

CellPhone, Annual Shares, 13 salalry, Board Member Bonus

Cons

Long travel to workplace

Job satisfaction

I worked for Roche Pharma as BUM until 2008. I established the renal business unit. The brands and the team. I loved it and so enjoyed working with the different business units. I had two great GM's who supported me all the way. I had great international exposure as well.

Pros

exposure - travel and courses, professional, caring

Good Company To Work For

I enjoyed working here as i could do my job independently and timeously. Colleagues are very friendly and create a nice atmosphere in the office.

Well managed company, good planing amazing systems to work on latest technology great benefits work load is shared amazing teams

Great company to work for

Great company to work for with lots of growth opportunities. All individulas are recognised and well rewarded for their hard work.

Productive focus workplace and fast pace

Learning, growth and development at Roche is good. Co-workers and managers are their as guiding structures at all times. The hardest part of my job is reporting straight to the Head of our HR Department and i enjoy most of my job is learning part of the job.

Pros

Learning from other departments

Cons

Limited to other work events

Innovative International Professional Work environment

Working with Medical Professionals inspires one to be innovative, achieve high standards and enjoy a very balanced work life environment. However, staff retrenchments and cut backs were imminent from 2009.

Its a good working environment but with no opportunity for growth.

1. The main and first thing I do is product releases so that I do not hols sales and despatches. The rest of the day is full of serving people and working on any issues on the QMS. 2. I have learned to work with people from all over the world since Roche is a global and multi- national company. 3.Roche management has clear objectives and goals that are globally driven and they are very helpful in day to day execution of work. 4. Coworkers are a unified team that is very helpful and constructive. 5. When I do vendor rating and have to strike some suppliers out 6. Everything I do as it directly contributes to achieving of sales targets

Pros

I enjoy getting company vouchers as a thank you

Cons

Working as a contract worker in such a critical position in the company

Strict

CO-workers were wonderful to work with. However it was difficult with Management. It was a family business. I had already started with a quotation I had to make sure that I was completed by end of business no matter how long it was, I would work over the knock off time to complete the task. The most difficult part of the job was that I had no contact with customers either be email or phone, my boss sent the replies and she the quotation proofread before sending to customers. If the wrong chemical say the customer did not specify what form ( Liquid or Granules or powder) I'd be in trouble. Unfortunately I was not there long enough to comment what was enjoyable. Even when we were at the canteen/kitchen for tea or lunch it was just people keeping to themselves. hey was no socializing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2