SA Metal Group
SA Metal Group Employee Review

fun job every day you learned a new thing

5,0
7 February 2014
It was a hard typical day at work but still fun. I've learned all quality of the scrap metal industry. Management - we had a good bond and worked as a team. The co-workers - we also had a bond but had our ups and downs with 60 co-workers under me but were still good friends. The hardest part of the job was loading and off loading the trucks and then sorting and weighing the scrap for customers to get paid and that takes time. And the weight bridges and the small scale must correspond with each other otherwise you have to check where the problem is. Working with my co-workers and meeting new customers. Their are always friendly but you also get your rude people but still nice to meet them.
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture
Pros
Year end events
Cons
Normal day work no long hours.
1,0
13 October 2020
HR Practitioner (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Management victimize employees, one is constantly working in fear of getting fired. Very little tolerance for mistakes. The little amount of leave days per year do not accommodate for any life situations.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Many
4,0
10 May 2020
weighbridge operator (Former Employee) - Elandsfontein, Gauteng
Working for SA Metal was productive since you had to learn new things from other departments.Working hours were fair but not fixed especially with the department i was working but overally there was room for growth and i enjoyed working there.
3,0
10 March 2020
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) - Germiston, Gauteng
I used to love working there ..all of a sudden I was retrenched then I was accused of stealing money that I did not even know of..two managers were then fired because of stealing money clearly they were stealing money from a long time but because I was just an employee I got fired because of something I didn't do.. whats even worse no one listerned to my explanation nor believed me.. im just glad the two managers were caught and they were fired
  1. fun job every day you learned a new thing