Safair

Safair Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews
5,0
Fun working environment everyday day is different and interesting. Interacting with Passengers is a huge part of the job and ensuring their safety and comfort is important.
Pros
Rebate tickets and travelling
Cons
No crew meals
5,0
Very well organized company to work for.
Good leaders

Good management

Good staff

Good working environment

Organised

Respectful, loyal, sympathetic and understanding
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
Its a very family culture at safair, you work hard but play even harder.

They are loyal to their employees.

All have the same goal.

Team Work.
Customer service
Safety officer

Learn a lot of different cultural divertsity

Flight attendant

Service on board

Meeting new people everyday different destinations
5,0
Very good company policies and good management, good team work. The difficulty part was when dealing with irate passengers when there were flight delays
5,0
I enjoyed every minute working in that environment good surroundings, helpful all the time especiall while assisting passengers book for thei flights within sa.
Pros
free flight tickets
Cons
busy
5,0
Great working experience looking to further myself as an individual i am the bread winner in my house looking for higher wage as I’m currently taking care of my parents . Looking for higher perspectives in aviation field.
Pros
Grooming allowance
3,0
New airline in South Africa low cost carrier operating in a short haul environment. The airline is throwing rapidly and expansion to include regional and domestic in the near future.
Pros
Hours on type
5,0
Working for this company is a blessing, there is nothing wrong with the company, but with management. They do not listen to staff queries and tend to make changes and not discuss with staff. Great company to work for
Pros
Amazing Company to work for
Cons
Communication
5,0
Great company, even better people to work with. Need to be very flexible, very calm and can handle a group of young adults. Fun company and great people to work with.
Pros
Off time during week days
Cons
Shift work
4,0
High tempo productivity environment fast and efficient problem solving. I was responsible for all calibratable equipment that was required on the aircraft in for maintenance as well as on the outstation and line stations I also assisted on registering vehicles for airside and avop.Liased with Main stores For all maintenance spares for specific aircraft in for A/B or C-check.
Pros
Cons
lack of interaction from senior management
3,0
I would love to find employment which will provide stability and security. Income is a crucial element of the employment life. I believe all of us study and work so that we can sustain ourselves with an income. With FlySafair as a fairly new company, these are not yet provided. Seeing that it is a private entity, stability is not guaranteed, neither is security.
Pros
Rebate tickets to fly anywhere in the demostically.
2,0
good company, i enjoy the time and skills obtained. a typical day at work is very busy, huge call volumes. but manageable . i'm still tempting, i would love to be permanent and grow within the company
Pros
discounts on flights
Always busy
Client satsifaction.

Very understanding and helpful.

Helpful and fun to work with.

Keeping up to date on a daily basis.

Speaking to clients.
Pros
Canteen on the premises with affordable meals
1,0
Not a good company in terms of management. Loyalty is not rewarded and employees are not recognized for their efforts. It's a good start up company to get experience from,but if you are looking for growth try someone else.
Pros
travel
Cons
no job security
4,0
Well rounded Company, offering a good career, learnt a lot about the diversity of people, their abilities, skills, and personalities and how to achieve the goal and work as a team.

Overall good review in each aspect. Highly recommend it to a young person whom is starting out in Aviation.

Most enjoyable part of my job was travelling into Africa.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from home, but time at home, made it worth it
3,0
Work would commence with a morning Technical Management meeting, outlining the current and projected aircraft maintenance requirements.
I would provide feedback to my Warehouse and Purchasing teams and action open items.

I would chat with each team member every morning to ensure that the personal needs of each team member (family, schooling, health, planned leave, etc) are catered for as far as possible.

I would then continue with the planning of activities in preparation for known and foreseeable aircraft rotations and movements in and around our African bases (and for local airports to support the airline), ensure base kits and all equipment and consumables are accurately reported and updated accordingly on the inventory control system, and action what is outstanding.

Open order reports (purchase orders, repair orders, exchange orders and service orders), (partial) invoicing and (partial) delivery reports, shipping reports and stock value are looked at daily and consolidated monthly.

Part queries are essential to be identified, isolated, resolved and documented as quickly and rigorously as possible - this would take a few hours daily. I would relook at the system of filtering of unserviceable parts returned for repair which I implemented to effectively isolate and document these cases.

A more strategic objective for the company is to redefine business processes for final integration with other essential systems to bring in efficiencies through automation, better reporting and traceability. This requires much consultation on a daily basis with co-workers, other
 - more...
Pros
Flexibility in working conditions for management
Cons
Long hours and constantly changing decisions on a daily basis
4,0
Assigned at outstations mostly in Congo and Uganda.Everyday was learning day.Encountered different kinds of aircraft system problems and learned the methods and techniques how to troubleshoot by using approved maintenance manuals.
The management was good.Everybody worked as a team.The hardest part of the job is when you already check everything and still couldn't find the culprit of the problem.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you found the culprit of the problem.
Pros
Free uniforms, free board and lodging
Cons
poor electricity at the residence
Make certificates,
Filing

Organize Training

Update Training Calender

send out email about upcoming Trainig
5,0
This company is moving forward strength by strength but I am interested in leaving the industry to try something new my current job has been fulfilling however it has become tedious.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No free travel on companies airline
5,0
It is contract work, therefor very flexible, not permanent, therefor not suitable for the person expecting everything as predicted. Tings change a lot, how ever, the company values their employees and is always fair towards everyone

I've learned a lot about people, how different we are, what makes things work and what doesn't, how to be an even better team player and by being noticed as excellent you really have to give a 100% and results in a great feeling

The hardest part about this job is staying home for 3 months with no salary, therefore you have to make a good salary when you are on contract

The most enjoyable part is the freedom, to see Africa and to get to see my loved ones more than someone having a normal job