Safair
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Safair Employee Reviews

South Africa29 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Excellent work place where everyone is a team player

Management is good and working environment is excellent.There's team building and everyone is encouraged to be a team player.Apprentices are treated well and they have a great way of acquiring knowledge.I would recommend anyone to apply for a job at Flysafair.Excellent working environment.

RUN!!! and never look back.

Horrible IT Management. Mimics High school. Favoritism is the order of day and these teachers pets/bullies work with management to make your life unbearable. No professionalism and no standards. There is no place for growth, not professionally not even skills on the job. You are not allowed to contribute unless you want to upset the A-team as they are the only ones allowed to shine. If you value your mental and psychical health don't get a job with them. The culture is toxic and you will leave this place depleted. They also have a high turnover and delude themselves that its not because of the poor leadership. Small fish in a small pond that's what they are.

FlySafairs lack of love for employees

Flysafair is a remarkable company if you admire the steady growth for a start up airline. The company advocates safair magic but working within the operation is far from magic. Staff need to fit in or be bullied till they walk away and this is apparent in almost every department. Growth within the company is non existent if you’re a suitable candidate. Correct internal processes are ignored when promoting staff and the promoted staff have little to no experience to fulfill their roles. Internal bullying is ignored from direct management all the way to HR. Fear is the apparent factor, if you speak up, your laundry is aired to all parties. I didn’t want to leave but I had no choice. Continuing in those circumstances is not worth the love of flying.

Pros

Decent salaries, industry perks

Cons

Bullying, demanding and expecting and non compensated after hours work, management styles

Productive and fun workplace

A very busy and fast paced work environment with a friendly and helpful workforce. Management is helpful and supportive and tries to make the atmosphere easy to work in.

I didn't see a future, seems like selection of people are chosen to progress

There was alot of work expected to be done with alot of pressure minimal training and unreasonable management expectations, management didn't want to listen to subordinates. The work culture was substandard and I wouldn't go work there again

Pros

At least you have a job

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Fun working environment everyday day is different and interesting. Interacting with Passengers is a huge part of the job and ensuring their safety and comfort is important.

Pros

Rebate tickets and travelling

Cons

No crew meals

N/a

Very well organized company to work for. Good leaders Good management Good staff Good working environment Organised Respectful, loyal, sympathetic and understanding

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Family

Its a very family culture at safair, you work hard but play even harder. They are loyal to their employees. All have the same goal. Team Work.

Cabin crew

Customer service Safety officer Learn a lot of different cultural divertsity Flight attendant Service on board Meeting new people everyday different destinations

I learned team leading skills, it was always a pleasure working for the company. Difficult passengers when there were delays

Very good company policies and good management, good team work. The difficulty part was when dealing with irate passengers when there were flight delays

fun workplace

I enjoyed every minute working in that environment good surroundings, helpful all the time especiall while assisting passengers book for thei flights within sa.

Pros

free flight tickets

Cons

busy

Enjoying flying as a flight attendant

Great working experience looking to further myself as an individual i am the bread winner in my house looking for higher wage as I’m currently taking care of my parents . Looking for higher perspectives in aviation field.

Pros

Grooming allowance

Overall low cost carrier

New airline in South Africa low cost carrier operating in a short haul environment. The airline is throwing rapidly and expansion to include regional and domestic in the near future.

Pros

Hours on type

Great Workplace

Working for this company is a blessing, there is nothing wrong with the company, but with management. They do not listen to staff queries and tend to make changes and not discuss with staff. Great company to work for

Pros

Amazing Company to work for

Cons

Communication

Flexible and friendly

Great company, even better people to work with. Need to be very flexible, very calm and can handle a group of young adults. Fun company and great people to work with.

Pros

Off time during week days

Cons

Shift work

Fast and high productivity environment

High tempo productivity environment fast and efficient problem solving. I was responsible for all calibratable equipment that was required on the aircraft in for maintenance as well as on the outstation and line stations I also assisted on registering vehicles for airside and avop.Liased with Main stores For all maintenance spares for specific aircraft in for A/B or C-check.

Pros

Cons

lack of interaction from senior management

Security and benefits

I would love to find employment which will provide stability and security. Income is a crucial element of the employment life. I believe all of us study and work so that we can sustain ourselves with an income. With FlySafair as a fairly new company, these are not yet provided. Seeing that it is a private entity, stability is not guaranteed, neither is security.

Pros

Rebate tickets to fly anywhere in the demostically.

productive

good company, i enjoy the time and skills obtained. a typical day at work is very busy, huge call volumes. but manageable . i'm still tempting, i would love to be permanent and grow within the company

Pros

discounts on flights

Happy at work and job satisfaction

Always busy Client satsifaction. Very understanding and helpful. Helpful and fun to work with. Keeping up to date on a daily basis. Speaking to clients.

Pros

Canteen on the premises with affordable meals

bad management

Not a good company in terms of management. Loyalty is not rewarded and employees are not recognized for their efforts. It's a good start up company to get experience from,but if you are looking for growth try someone else.

Pros

travel

Cons

no job security

Excellence & Expertise

Well rounded Company, offering a good career, learnt a lot about the diversity of people, their abilities, skills, and personalities and how to achieve the goal and work as a team. Overall good review in each aspect. Highly recommend it to a young person whom is starting out in Aviation. Most enjoyable part of my job was travelling into Africa.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Away from home, but time at home, made it worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safair. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance