Samancor

Samancor Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews
3,0
Good company. Average salary. Overall not a bad company to work for. Average skilled workforce. Good working conditions. Good working hours. Poor to good management.
Good company
Good place to gain experience. Job security not guaranteed. A lot of travelling involved. Management open to suggestions. No over time though. Recommend it
5,0
Samancor is a good company that I ever worked
I recommend samancor as the best mining company in South Africa
It was very nice to work for Samancor up until I got retrenchment and when it comes to safety really they are taking care of their employees at samancor and they treat their employees as the first assert
Gained plenty of experience
I have experience in conveyors from changing idlers or rollers, to splicing the belt and changing pulleys with their bearing. Underground experience in maintaining winders, locomotives, pumps and winches
Production and work place
SAMANCOR WESTERN CHROME MINE OPENING NEW POST VACANCIES FOR PEOPLE TO WORK PERMANENT POSITIONS

New shaft open for UNEMPLOYED people Offers The Following Positions: General work Administration/Clerk IT Technicians Security officer Safety officer Belt attendant Control room Team leader Fitter and turner Plumbers PTV's Rigger Shift boss Boilermaker with read seal Electrician N courses (N1-N6) Diesel mechanic N courses (N1-N5) Machine operators: Winch operator Rock Drill Operator Excavator LHD scoop operator Drill Rig Operators Forklift Dump Truck operators Front end loader Utility vehicle operators TLB Mobile crane Tower crane Bob cat Grader Bulldozer Drivers Code 8 (B) +PdP Code 10 (C1) +PdP Code 14 (EC1) +PdP Desired Skills, Experience and Education Grade 10-12, Clear criminal record, Competent (A &B), Blasting Certificates, 3/4 years, Medically fit, trade test, operating pit, licence freshers allowed Ask for job application form to apply for your position For more info call HR Lekgau on:0676253737.
Pros
Free luncher
Cons
Long luncher
1,0
Management thinks they own the mine
I was a apprentice boilermaker and quilified in 2018 i was about to sign my permanent contract but was shown the door thereafter the docter aswell as 5 attorneys told me that what they did was descrimination and illegal as i was found fit for work but with conditions that i have to do spiro tests every 6 months thus being on wellness. This same guy took my fellow apprentice and my transport to the mine away from us as the foreman was the only means for us to get to our work daily as we were living 70km away from the mine
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Bad management
4,0
Company closed - had to find alternative work.

Not a bad co to work for.

Good fellow workers.

Good work environment and conditions.

pity they closed
Production and management
Samancor was paying well and the job was fun and exploring. Workers were friendly, like my second family and management were considerate. If i am to ho back, I would do it. We were getting production bonus for each month's hard work.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
We could work overtime when needed
2,0
Good company to work for
Enjoyed working at Samancor, good company with good benefits. Enjoyed working there and gained a lot of experience working there. Good salary package.
Pros
Stability
Productive workplace
Working at this company was a good experience. I worked with good people who trained and taught me well. I was given opportunities to develop myself and given tasks that taught me to be assertive and have good interpersonal skills.
Pros
Contractors
Team work
Working at Samancor is ok but people at the top level undermine lower levels.production first then safety follows.things are done indirectly.development to their employees is so poor.
Pros
Cons
More job
5,0
i am a very productive person and enjoy my work
I enjoy my work more especially after solving electrical problems that occurred during the shift.the hardest part about this job is to work while its raining.
Pros
its a bonus
Cons
i can work long hors
productive and fair
the work load is enough for a day
I've learn to utilize time allocation when doing a task

the colleagues are very welcoming
Pros
lunch is at anytime
Cons
too much favouritism
3,0
Harsh enviroment but excellent work atmosphere
I grew a lot while working for Samancor , we worked hard but was well recognised.
They provided training to be able to do your work .

I was recognised as a Technician.

We were a very closed and highly competent team that excelled in what we were doing.
Pros
good salaries
3,0
learnt new electrical equipment, factories a different ball game
hard work from morning till end of day
learnt about automated operation (the old school Style, start one motor then engage the different clutches to get every thing working)the one partner was down to earth person that cared about his employees .

poms can be difficult people to work with.

I would say pulling the main feeder cables through the arches in the roof.

on Fridays was pool completion in the companies rec club
Pros
trasport to work and back
Cons
short contract
5,0
i had good times at samancor
i leaned how to read drawings and fabricating structures,able to use CO2 welding machine.we worked as team at samancor and safety come first always
Pros
own lunces
1,0
good and people behaving well
overloaded by job without labour,I have learned that I can make things happen, management too oppressing to labour force, very understanding and hard working, the hardest part is to face management on labour issues, very happy people at all times even though they are under pressure
Pros
breaks, we had enough
Cons
very long hours of work but no pay
4,0
Productive and good working environment
• Fault finding
• Planning

• Standby

• Budget and cost control

• Projects Progress reporting

• Interfacing between Contractors

• Establishment of new Contracts and Contracts strategies

• Quality inspections

I believe openness culture and spirit of honesty within working environment, accept new challenges, empower individuals and create the culture that supports the business values which are the core elements of every successful business.
Pros
Free housing
3,0
Leanerd a lot on smelters.and they gave me a first chance on the maintenance side.
Pros
Medical aid
Cons
Hot enviroment
Good enviroment
Hard working
Enjoy my job

Looking for a better oppertunity

Willingly to work overtime

Breakdowns
Pros
Good medical and pension funds, when working overtime - get dinner at work
Cons
Some of the people are to lazy to work
productive
supervision at work

learned to work with people and equipment

cooperation with management

hardest part of the job is to get people under control

enjoying everything at work and studying mining engineering part time
Cons
fatigue shifts