Samancor
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Samancor Employee Reviews

South Africa25 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Productive but cannot be overwhelming

Normal Laboratory duties. Sample preparationAnalysis of samples using various instrumentContinuous training and development.Hardest part about my jobs is long standing hours.Culture of the company is good.

Pros

Salary is competitive

Cons

Lean structure

Workplace culture

good company to work for encourages self growth.Salaries are of market competitive Excellenct further study programme encourages high degree of safety.

Pros

lunches, massbrifiengs

Cons

Good company. Average salary. Overall not a bad company to work for. Average skilled workforce. Good working conditions. Good working hours. Poor to good management.

Good company

Good place to gain experience. Job security not guaranteed. A lot of travelling involved. Management open to suggestions. No over time though. Recommend it

Samancor is a good company that I ever worked

I recommend samancor as the best mining company in South Africa It was very nice to work for Samancor up until I got retrenchment and when it comes to safety really they are taking care of their employees at samancor and they treat their employees as the first assert

Gained plenty of experience

I have experience in conveyors from changing idlers or rollers, to splicing the belt and changing pulleys with their bearing. Underground experience in maintaining winders, locomotives, pumps and winches

Management thinks they own the mine

I was a apprentice boilermaker and quilified in 2018 i was about to sign my permanent contract but was shown the door thereafter the docter aswell as 5 attorneys told me that what they did was descrimination and illegal as i was found fit for work but with conditions that i have to do spiro tests every 6 months thus being on wellness. This same guy took my fellow apprentice and my transport to the mine away from us as the foreman was the only means for us to get to our work daily as we were living 70km away from the mine

Pros

Friendly employees

Cons

Bad management

Company closed - had to find alternative work. Not a bad co to work for. Good fellow workers. Good work environment and conditions. pity they closed

Production and management

Samancor was paying well and the job was fun and exploring. Workers were friendly, like my second family and management were considerate. If i am to ho back, I would do it. We were getting production bonus for each month's hard work.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

We could work overtime when needed

Good company to work for

Enjoyed working at Samancor, good company with good benefits. Enjoyed working there and gained a lot of experience working there. Good salary package.

Pros

Stability

Productive workplace

Working at this company was a good experience. I worked with good people who trained and taught me well. I was given opportunities to develop myself and given tasks that taught me to be assertive and have good interpersonal skills.

Pros

Contractors

Team work

Working at Samancor is ok but people at the top level undermine lower levels.production first then safety follows.things are done indirectly.development to their employees is so poor.

Pros

Cons

More job

i am a very productive person and enjoy my work

I enjoy my work more especially after solving electrical problems that occurred during the shift.the hardest part about this job is to work while its raining.

Pros

its a bonus

Cons

i can work long hors

productive and fair

the work load is enough for a day I've learn to utilize time allocation when doing a task the colleagues are very welcoming

Pros

lunch is at anytime

Cons

too much favouritism

Harsh enviroment but excellent work atmosphere

I grew a lot while working for Samancor , we worked hard but was well recognised. They provided training to be able to do your work . I was recognised as a Technician. We were a very closed and highly competent team that excelled in what we were doing.

Pros

good salaries

Cons

learnt new electrical equipment, factories a different ball game

hard work from morning till end of day learnt about automated operation (the old school Style, start one motor then engage the different clutches to get every thing working)the one partner was down to earth person that cared about his employees . poms can be difficult people to work with. I would say pulling the main feeder cables through the arches in the roof. on Fridays was pool completion in the companies rec club

Pros

trasport to work and back

Cons

short contract

i had good times at samancor

i leaned how to read drawings and fabricating structures,able to use CO2 welding machine.we worked as team at samancor and safety come first always

Pros

own lunces

Cons

good and people behaving well

overloaded by job without labour,I have learned that I can make things happen, management too oppressing to labour force, very understanding and hard working, the hardest part is to face management on labour issues, very happy people at all times even though they are under pressure

Pros

breaks, we had enough

Cons

very long hours of work but no pay

Productive and good working environment

• Fault finding • Planning • Standby • Budget and cost control • Projects Progress reporting • Interfacing between Contractors • Establishment of new Contracts and Contracts strategies • Quality inspections I believe openness culture and spirit of honesty within working environment, accept new challenges, empower individuals and create the culture that supports the business values which are the core elements of every successful business.

Pros

Free housing

Cons

Leanerd a lot on smelters.and they gave me a first chance on the maintenance side.

Pros

Medical aid

Cons

Hot enviroment

Good enviroment

Hard working Enjoy my job Looking for a better oppertunity Willingly to work overtime Breakdowns

Pros

Good medical and pension funds, when working overtime - get dinner at work

Cons

Some of the people are to lazy to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samancor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance