Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

South Africa101 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 101 reviews matching the searchSee all 8 697 reviews

The company was very impressed by the work quality and quantity that we were given and be original to the customer give more information of the product that you are selling or what they want

Pros

When we were at the training

Cons

Extra money

Neutral

Benefits are very good. People and environment are good. Listed top employer in south africa for a few years. It is a diverse company. Not much room for growth.

Pros

Lunch pay included in salaries

Cons

Not much room for growth

fun working environment

work place culture was challenging in that the company has forge in management, good working and learning opportunity, fun working environment. social

Very informative

I worked as sub contractor to SAMSUNG at an agency called Brand Soldiers. I was trained on most products and did promotional work at various places including airports, shopping malls and road shows.

Pros

A lot of Freebies

Cons

working long hours.

it good to work there but only if u are permanent becaus if u not u they don't even give u a staffbubs

It good to work there but if you are permanent because if you under agent you can even work once in two months and you don't get a staff bus like their employees it hard sometimes to work there as a casual for real

Pros

yes lunch time are there

Cons

sometimes you work and go by167h00 instead of 16h30

Fun and productive high paced environemt

I enjoyed working at Samsung wasvlovely environment . I grow a lot and discovered the technical and the important part that customer service plays in offering technical support.

The outstanding Management support makes you want to go the extra mile. In this international company you have to set your standards high and always,always strive your best to serve clients Very good company to work at. 9/10 for this firm!!!!

Pros

Lots of Advantages on devices buying devices for stuff

Cons

Long Hours even some Holidays

Gaining a lot of confidence in my self as I had to face clients.

Great environment very professional Team work learnt an interpersonal skills and now I am adaptable social person. Amazing personalities with respect

One of the Top Brands in Electronics

One of the best performing brands in electronics and anyone dreams of being part of this company . Very fast paced environment which requires a lot of discipline.

Pros

Global exposure

energetic environment

Samsung has a very energetic environment and has a great capacity for training and gains in knowledge. This company really helps one to understand the technological revolution.

Pros

lots of training and share of knowledge

Cons

limited growth potentials

It was Productive

Working hours was from 09:00am to 18:00pm and there was 1 hour lunch, the job was productive and every tuesday we were having 1 hour training from 08:00 am to 09:00 am to learn of new devices that Samsung has produced, repair guides and technical support guides. We were working from monday to saturday and one saturday off a month. The job was nice and challenging because i was finding new strategies of handling my job almost everytime and i enjoyed that alot, i was also on top with productivity i was a Best productive one.

Pros

1 hour free lunch

Cons

no overtimes

Demanding targets, great staff

Targets for the store are set too high, as well as the commission scale. Training is provided weekly. Great compliment of staff, but easily demotivated by unreasonable store targets.

Pros

constant product training

Cons

unreasonable targets, poor commission structure, incentives are not paid out in time.

All work and fun inculded

It is a company I really enjoyed working for. The staff are helpful and friendly. It is a company that is high pressure which can be a good thing as it allows a person to grown and deal with stress on a daily basis. The line managers are always there to assist you and the structure of the company is wonderful. If given an opportunity to get back within the company I shall take it with both hands open. Each day was a day where something new is been learnt. The day was always challenging yet fun. The culture is something I can relate to as it is a hierarchy environment where respect is given to elders no matter the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was always been challenged on a daily basis..

Pros

room for growth

Typical to local subsidiary of multinational

This environment was very typical to a local subsidiary of a multinational. A good brand, with good balance between finance and operational focus. great.

Pros

Focus

Cons

Hours

fun workeplace

Is a funny working place dat everyone can like to work...they offer better skils and teach many tecknical stuff that you can start your own company and make more.

Pros

free sataday lunches

Cons

long hours and rest on sundays an holidays only

Fun and great place to work in

Great platform to venture in especially if you have a passion for techs and gadgets.The people are friendly and very passionate about quality service.

Pros

Access to free phones

Fun to work

Looking forward to be with the IT team, learned a lot of cultural diffirences and ethics, very support management team, a good working culture, had to translate alot of tex from Korean to English, very informative.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Working weekends

Long and hard working hours

In the one side I did enjoy my job because I got the opportunity to communicate with people and my passion is advertising so that is my passion but the hours was very long and the salary was not enough for that hours. I always say that I'm not here to hate my job and myself for the rest of my life, I'm here to enjoy my life and love myself.

Pros

no nothing

Cons

1 hour break on a 10 hour shift

Productive and busy

At this company I learned a lot and enjoyed working as there was a lot of challenges only problem was that it was a family business and if not family you do not advance

selling the brand sales driven

i would say its a good company to work for the brand is strong lots of knowledge hardest part of my job was everyday merchandising shelf share friendly enviroment

Pros

samsung road shows

Mobile

Strive to get efficiently of the stores day to day running by training and equipping floor sales people to have the right knowledge of the products.

Pros

Goal Driven

Cons

Hard and Smart work, problem solving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 8 697 reviews