SANBI

SANBI Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Productive and caring environment

I would recommend any person to work at Sanbi. The Staff are caring and friendly, the work place mirrors any other working environment. Management goes the extra mile for their workers, that's coming from personal experience.

Pros

Management goes the extra mile for their workers.

SANBI is a good company to work at, nice environment,nice outdoors,good benefits,good leadership from management. Chance for study and further studies

Friendly environment to work at, nice out door environment for outdoors people. Good salary and benefits.Professionalism amongst the staff.Management professional, professional approach towards recruitment processes. Mentorship in terms of work related issues. Gaining environmental education, biodiversity education.

Sanbi is a highly rated institute of scientists who's work is based on research on rear species and preserve them. It was a good environment to work o

Professionalism is my strongest character. I have too much love and respect for other people. I am a survivor under any situations and circumstances. I work very well under pressure and challenges.

Fun work place

I gained the skills because the company gave training before the job started. I was clearing a different allien plants using different clearing methods with differ tools.

Pros

My own lunch

Cons

Very informative, great exposure and fun.

I enjoyed working with you all. You have made a great person out of me. You stretched my thinking capacity and my abilities beyond comprehension. Thank you.

Pros

Braai

Cons

No cons

goodck hsjsks

Good morning or I have no is a car my son how your car so I have it as a big deal go and my son very good morning or very good morning or come around j

Productive work place

I have learnt to work in groups in order to finish a big project on time. The hardest part of the job was to work in a rain. The management is perfect they are always willing to help when you struggle to do something. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work on your own project and get to learn new things about plants.

Pros

Half day on pay days

Cons

working on all weather conditions

Interesting, diverse company

Arrive in the morning, morning meeting, prepare for a school visit. Attend to the school, mostly 1 session 9am - 12pm Partake in Garden development projects Learned the management and running of events and the garden Learned about boidiversity Office skills Good management Strict but workable environment Field work is the most enjoyable part and garden development projects

Pros

Free entrance on weekends

productive company

I have enjoyed every single day at the company. The staff are so friendly. Community development programmes. I have enjoyed promoting environmental awareness programmes i e greening projects

work

It was a nice experience working for this company, gained lots of experience that I will value for life. It is in the sector of Agriculture and deals with conservation and the Green Economy.

Pros

lot's of jobs to choose from

Cons

not easy to apply for jobs

It is a company were one could grow. Intersting and fun

It is a wonderful and fun company to work for. It is one of the best companies to work for and hoping to get a permanent job here after my masters.

Pros

Well structured company

Cons

A productive and place for growth

A typical day at SANBI entailed report-writing, meetings with stakeholders and clients, answering phones and assisting clients with any queries that they have. I learned how to be more organised and focused in what I was expected to deliver daily. I learned to multi-task and to wear many hats and not only the Communications Officer hat. But I also assisted with database management duties and Personal assistant duties. I related very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult interns from the 44 Host Institutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the travelling to the different gardens around South Africa and the hosting of events at our botanical garden.

Pros

Travelling and free entrance to music events in the garden, Training and workshops that helped upgrade my skills.

Cons

Stimulating, exciting and great environment to work in.

Working with a diverse partnership within this programme model is challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Working under pressure and target driven can be stressful. Working with a small but committed team that understands the pressures and supports one another. Support of the executive and senior management of the institution is a plus. Most enjoyable part is realising and knowing that you are making a difference in people's lives across the country.

Pros

Free entry into the national botanical gardens.

Cons

Job requires working long hours and being flexible.

productivity and satisfaction

I enjoy working in pairs and individually because I am a very humble person I love challenges I believe they are part of growing. respect is a key aspect in life and it leads to great productivity in a work place so I respect my co-workers. I have learn to love my job and always looking forward to great achievements and the future of the company . To be humble at all times, obeying my seniors and superiors. able to sho case my creativity and innovation skills without underestimating or undermining others. give advice where needed. i don't have moment where i could say i had a hardest part of the job because i love my career and that leads me in enjoying everything i do in a tourism industry.

Pros

free lunchies

Cons

overtime and weekends

Enjoyable productive work place

I learned a lot from my manager and director at SANBI.We worked on a jobs fund project which created alot of jobs for graduated and matriculated unprivileged incubents. although it was just for a few months i really enjoyed the pressure of that project.

Very much productive and assist all the employees in different projects. Have about 15 workmates that got their degree through my assistant in their p

My passion is working for the institute to ensure that the best is provided and to solve problems in an effective and most productive manner. I am an intelligent, well organized, energetic and well-presentable person. By employing me, will benefit in getting an employee who is self-confident, creative, has good interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills, able to work in a team, make decisions, self starter and willing to work long hours. I have knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Act and safety principles, advanced computer literacy, GIS and the ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and Internet

workplace

I do environmental education. I have gained much confidence and able to stand in front of groups and speak myself out, able to implement techniques and methods of education and they work effectively. I have also given an opportunity to develop activities to assist in educational course. and able to develop and create new courses for the Education Centre

Pros

exposed to various stakeholder and gain lot of experience

Cons

work even on weekends and long hours

Educational and skill building

I gained so much experience especially on the hands on part of the work, every staff had a knowledge of their sections so when needing answers I was able to ask anyone for help, I learnt to work in a team and with a large group of people who mostly were older than me which taught me respect. I got the opportunity to work in the office and do research of new plants for the SANBI website which was very exciting. The challenging part was learning the indigenous plant names and identifying them since I was so used to learning exotics while I was in tertiary. I mostly enjoyed the learning trips we took with the staff like that one when we went to the Durban Herbarium to learn about collecting plants, pressing them as well as mounting them.

Pros

Free lunches during working trips

practical,technical and challenging job

-its a challenging job and always demanding -i have how to cope and over-come job challenges -management is very good and welcoming -As colleagues, we socialise like a family

moderate

I prepare and develop learning programmes for learners and the management is very good co-workers are good, the hardest part of the job is that you are expected do so much with little resources, the enjoyable part of the job is that i learn new thing every day.

productivity outcomes and time management

am a hard worker and team buildinfd and able to work underpressure and independently . every day its a learning day and i put my mind on it and pay attention to details.working wel with co-workers. sharing ideal to build organisation its fun for excellent output

Pros

nothing for mahala but hard work pay

Cons

long hours comes with compantion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANBI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance