SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews

Stable work

Stable working environment with good benefits. Higher level of education will help you progress quicker. Great opportunity for people just leaving school at any level. You can work and study.

Pros

Food and accommodation is provided when you live in the base

Cons

Your time belongs to the defense force. They tell you when to work.

Well disciplined an respectful.

Learned to work as s group (team). Discipline and respect was daily food towards team, always on time an being flexible at all times. Ready to relocate at any moment and to work extra time was daily task.

Pros

I worked for anything

Cons

No free hours, you work hard and rest.

Great place to work. Great people all around.

Great place for career growth and personal development.Plenty of opportunities for career progression.Self confidence and industrial worth can be best attained.

Pros

Your dedication to work will definitely be recognised by supervisors.

Cons

At times you'll be expected to go the extra mile. And for that you'll be rewarded.

Interesting place to work at

Challenging environment that requires passion determination and willingness. The environment is seductive for everyone to work on it. Team work is their core value.

Pros

First two years of training they offer you accomodation and free meals

Cons

Required to stay far away from home detached all over the borders of south africa

Diciplinned and strict

Great people ...Fun environment and casual although strict and disciplined...Great hours with tea time and lunch time.Promotion to next rank available although it takes long

Pros

Functions fun daye etc

Cons

Duties

I love my job

I worked in the NDF for 15years and still not promotedHave been to couple of countries and have really gained a lotDrCongo,Burundi,SudanThank you.

Pros

Salaries

Self-discipline

Self-discipline is of utmost importance. Growth opportunities are available. Job security. You need to know how to follow orders and be a leader at the same time. Be medically fit.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long Hours

Meet people from all over tge country

A very great experience which makes you ti take decision very quickly, you will have that eagerness to go anywhere in the world, you can adapt to any situation and any terrain at any time which makes you more employable.You'll work with different kinds types of people and you must respect their race gender and most important religion.

Cons

As long as there is still that division of former forces,favouratism and not to care for old troops is going nowhere thats why standard is low

To be a Private for more than 20years it is a disgrace in the Sandf and without charge is a problem in the defence force of South Africa is like virus

Pros

Breakfast and lunch ok

Cons

It was not long

Welfare

This is the best place to start if you're an adventurous person and if you like the fitness lifestyle. A great place to explore the greatness of weapons and explosives, a place where 'intelligence ' and technology is of great significance . A place where discipline is a daily lesson. A field of many careers to choose from.

Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.

My work entail looking after my team and i am enjoying every moment thereof. Over the years i have learnt many skills and management strategies. Unfortunately the culture of the SANDF took a dip into negative territory but it's not something that cannot be remedied. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact that you have to remain single to ensure a successful career in the SANDF other than married couples who have to deal with going away for operations at prolonged period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to travel and see different countries and places and meet many other soldiers, languages, cultures and people around the globe. The sense of purpose to serve a young democratic country and building a new inclusive nation is challenging but the thrill of accomplishment far outweigh the effort.

Pros

Best medical care system in the country and housing allowance.

Cons

Long hours, danger and travelling.

Working day is normal as other even thou you encoumter scenario where you to apply vision

Normal working Hours but remember security You are 24/7 alert. There is lot to learn things like...your body getting used to function underpressure and contain with out breaking up,secondly being to live together with No fight but there argument. Top rated management with good working ethics.I wish everyone would love to have test of its culture where by to learn different cultural nd they behaiuot.Also how we do things always in group we dnt work in imdividuals I I wish all members will love to taste the

Physical fitness is a daily routine

Military career is a lifestyle of its kind requires one to mentally and physically fit and dedicated to his or her cause and it's very interesting . working at the SANDF has developed me in many aspects of life in my career and I have queit achieved a lot .

good overall career

great place for a young man to start a career ,they show you a hole new world and calture,it a great experience and there are basis all over sa .a unfogetteble experians

Pros

health care

Cons

short hair

Love discipline,uniformity,cleanliness

It's a good environment to start your security cluster work you get exposed to a lot of thing,your taught a lot of things which can later help you in life

Discipline is part of soldiers lay low and be vigilant you

Management skills Time management is essentialal as we are disciplined Team member and leadership is part of soldiers Sport and fiscal fitness is our hobby

I have learned a lot from the sandf

Sandf changed they way I think,gives you more opportunities,I very challenging wen comes to task because same of the task requests fitness and bravery

Good

Good. It is exciting and challenging. I love my job. It is a unique experience. Opportunities for growth and development. Exposure to various conditions and environment.

It's a great environment to work in, as you learn to be a good, disciplined individual, you are also tested physically, mentally and emotionally, for the most part of your career

Not an environment for ambitious individuals

Very hard for individuals to grow in an environment that’s dominated by people who do not want to work hard at making it a possibility to be leaders in future. Progress gets cut by individuals who are your direct supervisors

Pros

Enough time to study and empowering yourself

Cons

Superiors want people to be submissive to their demands even if it’s rather personal, they tend to drag personal matters to work.

knowlegde of the job must be current and your conduct must always be professional.

I gained knowledge and skills. I normally prepared the tasks of the next day, the previous day. The work place culture is cohesive and consist of different cultures.The hardest part of the job was the marking of assessment, moderating and supervision of different class places.The most enjoyable part is during cultural days and when practical must take place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF