SANDF

SANDF

SANDF Employee Review

Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.

My work entail looking after my team and i am enjoying every moment thereof. Over the years i have learnt many skills and management strategies. Unfortunately the culture of the SANDF took a dip into negative territory but it's not something that cannot be remedied. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact that you have to remain single to ensure a successful career in the SANDF other than married couples who have to deal with going away for operations at prolonged period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to travel and see different countries and places and meet many other soldiers, languages, cultures and people around the globe. The sense of purpose to serve a young democratic country and building a new inclusive nation is challenging but the thrill of accomplishment far outweigh the effort.

Pros

Best medical care system in the country and housing allowance.

Cons

Long hours, danger and travelling.

I love my job

I worked in the NDF for 15years and still not promotedHave been to couple of countries and have really gained a lotDrCongo,Burundi,SudanThank you.

Pros

Salaries

Very productive workplace

Very well managed organization, training provided was perfect and very reliable. Extra effort from all staff. Opportunity for more training also available.
Same role

The SANDF builds good character, it produces well mannered and strong people with great personal bearing and good experience. The SANDF breeds young leaders who are hungry for success.

Pros

Five star Accommodation

Cons

Long wait for promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF
  • Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?