SANDF

SANDF

SANDF Employee Review

The SANDF builds good character, it produces well mannered and strong people with great personal bearing and good experience. The SANDF breeds young leaders who are hungry for success.

Pros

Five star Accommodation

Cons

Long wait for promotion

Same role

I love my job

I worked in the NDF for 15years and still not promotedHave been to couple of countries and have really gained a lotDrCongo,Burundi,SudanThank you.

Pros

Salaries

Same role

Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.

My work entail looking after my team and i am enjoying every moment thereof. Over the years i have learnt many skills and management strategies. Unfortunately the culture of the SANDF took a dip into negative territory but it's not something that cannot be remedied. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact that you have to remain single to ensure a successful career in the SANDF other than married couples who have to deal with going away for operations at prolonged period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to travel and see different countries and places and meet many other soldiers, languages, cultures and people around the globe. The sense of purpose to serve a young democratic country and building a new inclusive nation is challenging but the thrill of accomplishment far outweigh the effort.

Pros

Best medical care system in the country and housing allowance.

Cons

Long hours, danger and travelling.
Same location

I like team work

Im currently working under SANDF and I would like to change scenery. Try something new... come up with new ideas and innovations. Safeguarding and security is my priority. Company needs comes before mine. I work under pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF
  • Productive
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?