SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews in Bloemfontein, Free State

Self-discipline

Self-discipline is of utmost importance. Growth opportunities are available. Job security. You need to know how to follow orders and be a leader at the same time. Be medically fit.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long Hours

As long as there is still that division of former forces,favouratism and not to care for old troops is going nowhere thats why standard is low

To be a Private for more than 20years it is a disgrace in the Sandf and without charge is a problem in the defence force of South Africa is like virus

Pros

Breakfast and lunch ok

Cons

It was not long

Welfare

This is the best place to start if you're an adventurous person and if you like the fitness lifestyle. A great place to explore the greatness of weapons and explosives, a place where 'intelligence ' and technology is of great significance . A place where discipline is a daily lesson. A field of many careers to choose from.

Good

Good. It is exciting and challenging. I love my job. It is a unique experience. Opportunities for growth and development. Exposure to various conditions and environment.

Military is not a job, but a "Calling" I was there for 23years as a " Contract Worker" the only true Benefit is the Medical at 3 Military Hospital for my family suffer now without it. I was bullied and attacked in my workplace, politics played a roll and even though I have completed all my courses in 2015, it was mentioned that "You are too male and too pale!" I worked hard and almost every year received a 2 Signal Regiment- Commendation, but I was to long in my rank, therefore only received once an incentive of R2000.

Pros

Medical and paid Military Courses

Cons

No career satisfaction or promotion for white personnel, My career manager phoned me to request what courses I have to do? This after I resigned?

I'm working safeguarding through the borderline

Safeguarding through the borderline Good approach with the community. I don't get along with my boss. Our training is very professional. Working with the community. I enjoy my training and development and our entertainment from my country.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I'm getting free health care, Free food

Productive and fun...its very nice working in rhe Sandf

I have learnt a lot in sandf as a chef and if I get a post as a food service manager I will go for it ...its fun to work in sandf am enjoying ...the only reason trying to find a job is because I wanna relocate and be close with my family since Bloemfontein is very far and am from KZN...i have been in the sandf for 7 yrs now am enjoying and it's nice..am currently doing my final year in bachelor of consumer science in food and nutrition..my aim one day is to become a qualified nutritionist ..i hope and wish you will assist me with my job hunting..

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Short breaks

Very productive workplace

Very well managed organization, training provided was perfect and very reliable. Extra effort from all staff. Opportunity for more training also available.

Extremely pleasant to work for

It is a very nice environment of which you stand a chance to learn a lot from it and the success of your career here all depends on yourself and your discipline

Pros

Great work outs

Cons

Early hours

I enjoyed a lot.

Good life experience. Learning curve always. Long hours working. Good school for life orientation. Good opportunity for learning new things .good environment for young peoples to developed.

Hard work

This Department is able to transform any human being to being disciplined and safe guarding, it enables one to be responsible and selfless. Respect is everything, one has to live according to the code of conduct of the DoD, if not one will be charged according to the offense.

Pros

Discipline and self conduct

Cons

Always on standby

Fun

Enjoy training field deployment n course.Military it's about discipline respect n personal neatness.Always keep fitness in place n b focused mentally .

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Normal hours of 8 hours

Work hard and get rewarded acordingly

This is a good place to work as you learn a lot at a joung age like how to be dependent. Work as a team and have to make decisions under dificult sercomstances.

Pros

Medical and pension and housing allouwance

Cons

Duties and have to be fit and know how to use a weppon

Discipline and accountability comes first

In this environment discipline and military culture is carried out at all times. Having served in this organisation for over 11 years, I have mastered facilitation and instructing very well, that goes with high level of discipline.

Pros

If living in free lunch

Cons

Working hours

busy buzzing highly controlled workplace

busy but detail orientated always training in new fields various skills organised very friendly except when on training pshcological strain training and field service

Pros

great enviroment to build character and dicipline

Fun place

I enjoying it but I'm not permanent but everything Is fine day by day I love too protect my country very much but I'm reserve force member rather than that every thing it's fine, management, colleagues are friendly at all times

Good

Cons

Flexible hours

Productive and always active and growth individually

If every working environment would impliment such discipline as the military, then the work environment would be a productive and happy working haven.

Pros

Life lessons, sport activities and study opportunities to name a few

Cons

Contracts

Excellency and professionalism

Leadership Indipendency Adaptability Reliability Professionalism Team player Planner Protecter Thinker Provider Helper Educator Executer..

Pros

travelling allowance

Cons

deployments

No future for us in the army as we are working as reserves, and we have no benefits,if i die now my family wont get anything

I really love the army,its a nice organization ever,however we are working as reserves bt I have find a job for my future and my the future of my children.

Pros

Deployment

Cons

You only work 6 months per year

Learning environment yet it was fun to be there.....

Inspection will take place at 7am after breakfast which took place at 6am. Our classes will start at 8am where we will do theory in the morning and practical s in the afternoon after lunch......At 5 in the. Afternoon we had our supper and by 7pm it was lights out.....That was my typical day at Tempe. I've learned how to be independent and to discipline myself to get use to the routine and adapt to change. The structure of the training was well manage therefore I will do it once again in a heart beat.....I miss being part of the Defence force.

Pros

Teaches you discipline and respect.....It equippes you with different and many skills.

Cons

Too much theory and less practical training......

Fun Place to work

A very challenging place to work, specially when working with a diverse group of people. Here I learned how to lead people by influencing them positively.

Pros

Sport during working hours. (PT, recreational activities)

Cons

If deploy, long hours and time away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF