SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Well disciplined an respectful.

Learned to work as s group (team). Discipline and respect was daily food towards team, always on time an being flexible at all times. Ready to relocate at any moment and to work extra time was daily task.

Pros

I worked for anything

Cons

No free hours, you work hard and rest.

I'm happy that I have salary to take care of my son and my family

There is lot to learn in the SANDF but sometimes those who suppose to be in leadership they are so arrogant and difficult to learn but most of the time it's cool.

It is great place to at

It is a bit challenging, you have to be disciplined, be dadicated punctuality is required all the time, be willing to learn have to be combat ready to

Fun work place with high discipline

High discipline is a must. Must 18 to 22 years of age to join this organization. Be highly self motivated and be willing to be a team player. Must have matric minimum.

productive and fun place to work

Learned alot,how to work with people, discipline,respect, self confidence, only reason i left is because it was not a permanent job. Hard part of military life is when you have to leave your loveones behind for a deployment of 7months but at the end it was worth cause you going out there to support your country.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

reasonable hours

Exciting and fun

I enjoy working in the SA Navy as there is always new challenges and tasks. You never know what to expect when duty. Anything can change at any time. I enjoy taking on new challenges.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Is an unfair work place because it promote crime by making reserve force. Which are more than regular force to me it was not what I wanted because once it was done with me it throw me out

Cons

Not long hours

Productive attended workshops and trainings that added value to my experience.

Awesome and full of experience started as a recruitment then seaman and upgrades rank to able seaman. Attended fire fighters 1 and 2.Mostly worked in office doing filing,kept time register and completed leave forms and also prepared weekly routine table

Pros

Medical, lunch and gym

Cons

Shifts

very productive and good enviroment

It a very great environment to work in and u learn allot about other people and their cultures and its a very disciplined environment strict and ill-disciplined people not allowed

Productive and fun workplace

Ive learned a lot of military skills, descipline and accountability. Working as team makes job easier. Is not easy to be in a military if your a kind of person needed at home time and again. I enjoyed travelling.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

productive and fun working

always a learning curve and very professional. working with peope with different cultures. there is prospects for enhancement but very minimal.

Pros

free medical and home owners allowance

Cons

promotion prospects

productive

I learned more about being a Chilled of our nation to protect the world,to be a security of the world and gaining displine.

Pros

learning more about the world

Cons

you must not be afraid to die

Workplace

You can describe a typical day as a hard working day. You learn everyday new analitical things. You have to stay focus when working with operations (very important- especially time) Used to love and like this presiceness.

Totally different working environment from all the other jobs.

Manage and control a section of 56 people. In charge of all planning for procurement, logistics and warehousing. Strict disciplinarian.

Pros

Good benefits, e.g. pension.

Cons

Little possibility for promotion.

Learning something new everyday.

- First thing in the morning every morning : Vehicles and Equipment checks, cleaning and maintaining, then normal daily training or being dispached to do other fire related duties.. - I've learned that being in the ermegency service you must always be prepared for any situation that may occure. - Management support is very important. - Team work very important at all times. - Have to fight uncrontrolled fires where people loses their lives or properties. - Being able to fight fires a save a life before the damage can be done.

Pros

lunch & supper provided

Cons

Shift worker

It is indeed very nice out here

a. It is very nice Organisation I can promise you that. b. I learned a discipline, I learned anything can be achieved through discipline. c. I don't want to talk about others but I would rather say I also learned a lot about managing, first you must manage yourself before you can manage others. d. Some of the co-workers are lazy some are hard workers, you just have to understand each individual. e. The hardest part of the job is when you are told that you will be sailing but again you enjoy it even so. f. Being part of the National Flag and servicing the submarines

Fun work place

My day at work is that hectic and they are courses that one attend to be qualified and is fun working with people from all around the country as there is much to learn and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I meet different people with building information towards my field of work

Good work place

Sometimes it tend to be the longest day because there is nothing really constructive to do, however if there is something to do its always interesting and a day goes by very fast. the management professionalism is great and co-workers as well, team work is essential and very important. the hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do and the enjoyable part is working as a team.

Pros

Free food

Cons

not a production company, so its too relaxed

fun place to be and learn more

Best place to get a head start in life as opportunities are broad and chances avail themselves a lot for further training

Pros

getting to tour around the world and see other places.

Cons

long hours at sea without seeing family

I work 12 hour shifts. I get along well with co workers. The environment is conducive to learning. Staffs shortages is the only challenge.

Pros

Good medical aid

Cons

good place to gain experience

Able to gain experience in multiple systems as apposed to being in one discipline. and you get to travel the world on deployment

Pros

lots of benefits

Cons

being on call 24/7 and pull duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF