SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews in Oudtshoorn, Western Cape

Interesting place to work at

Challenging environment that requires passion determination and willingness. The environment is seductive for everyone to work on it. Team work is their core value.

Pros

First two years of training they offer you accomodation and free meals

Cons

Required to stay far away from home detached all over the borders of south africa

Life changer

Being part of the sandf family has been an amazing journey for me, but ofcourse with every journey comes obstacles and lessons, and today I can stand proud to say that I have learnt and made better choices than before.

Extremely disciplined place

Must be hard working and go getter and be promoted to leadership post I as a sandf infantry enjoyed and love working at the sandf army and do not regret it many benefits and opportunities

Pros

Medical aid free

Cons

Dangerous working

Well disciplined workforce with good ethics and military culture.

Responsible for daily administration of the branch, research, planning, preparation, facilitation and assessment of ETD related programmes. I enjoy being part of such a dynamic and diverse group, serving towards protecting the sovereignty of our country. It gave me ample opportunities to discover my own potential and indicated my shortcomings that needed to be addressed as to equip myself with the necessary knowledge, skill and attitude to carry out my tasks effectively and efficiently.

Pros

Good benefits and opportunities to develop oneself

Cons

Long working hours

Fun place to work

Working in the defence force was improved my knowledge a lot now am able to work well under pressure,was able to travel to other parts of da country an the defence force tought us to work as a team

Pros

Free accommodation an food

productive and educational environment

The training is difficult but ultimately to your own benefit as a soldier who will defend your country .I learned how to be strong emotionally and physically but to be sensitive and caring at once .

Pros

free meals, education and accommodation

productive and fun

It is a very hardworking job that requires lots of concentration but its a fun place to be at. I was trained in organising and planning of training. The military is a very discipline place.

Pros

free lunches

Interisting Working enviroment

Coordinate all the tasks at hand. Learned how to manage co workers. Management requires to execute tasks with the recourses available To execute tasks in time and reaching deadlines. Seeing the world.

Pros

Good medical and pension

Cons

Away from home for long periods

Not a bad place to be if you love travelling and don't mind being away from your loved ones

Typical day at work: When i get to do nothing i panick.Learned: Work is work regardless of temperature we have a slogan comply and complain later,i learned.Management: Not so badCo-workers: Very understanding i guess that is where mutual respect fits in.Hardest part of the job: When we have to cook for more than required strength,when i knock off i must still find the energy within me to take the mess key to the duty room.Enjoyable part: When i am at work i fill at home,the nice part i call the shorts and when i am there everyone seems to enjoy my management skills, working at my own time setting my own targets it also makes me fill superior

Pros

since its a mess, free food, only work on another mans time meals times only

Cons

long hours yes but then compensation of a full day off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF