SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews in Potchefstroom, North West

I like team work

Im currently working under SANDF and I would like to change scenery. Try something new... come up with new ideas and innovations. Safeguarding and security is my priority. Company needs comes before mine. I work under pressure

The SANDF builds good character, it produces well mannered and strong people with great personal bearing and good experience. The SANDF breeds young leaders who are hungry for success.

Pros

Five star Accommodation

Cons

Long wait for promotion

Productive, great experience

There are many departments in the SANDF, with the right qualification you can do anything you desire. You get to travel and work in different places, exposure as long as you're medically fit.

Pros

Sports exposure

Cons

Six months and above, working away from home

Demanding work place

The best thing about working for the SANDF is your medical benefits. Due to budget cuts we work in old buildings with minimum resources with which to do our work.

Just fun

Coming to work at 07h30, after doing roll call, going to the squadron lines and preparing for the daily conference of eight o clock in the morning, being part of a decision making team.

The work place is fun, productive and home to all.

Punctuality is the key to a success. The day start with a gathering to check who is present and absent or sick. I learnt that discipline is a requirement in all your actions and movement not only at work place but even in public. Management of resources among the workers is very key to the organisation's strong hold. trainihg was the most hardest part but if you do it with passion, you will enjoy every part of it in your hole stay.

Pros

All the breaks for the day are monitored.

Cons

Strictly official working hours except when its urgent

Confidential

Monitor outstanding calls on ars system. Assist with any inquiry signal related. Learn more practical and installations done. Ensure members under my command do their work according specs. Work related on high standard. Hardest part is when the lan network not up and running. Most enjoyable part of job is when lan network and all other signal related things done and up and running.

Pros

Brunch time

Cons

Work 07h45 - 16h00

I worked 8 hrs a day. I've learnt a lot about different vehicles, learnt to work with different people of different cultures and diversity.

I've worked 8 hours a day. I learnt that the first thing in the workshop or work place is safety, following workshop/repair manuals when performing tasks. Always report any incident to the relevant personnel, I learnt to respect and treat everyone equally, having good working relationship. Having to perform/execute task without relevant tools and limited spares. When working on a vehicle with complete spares not having to wait for weeks before getting spares, and when attending recoveries.

Cons

overtime duties when required

Normal day

Start with roll call Checking vehicles and equipment Cleaning vehicles and equipment Have some tea Doing in post training Have lunch Do fiscal training Go home or stay on standby Respond during the day to all calls

Pros

Cons

dangerous

productive and challenging

every day was great for me at work,i ve learned how to approach different issues and as manager you must lead by example and also must understand people,there nothing hard if you do your work with dedication i learned to be a hard worker and also explore a lot

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SANDF?

Educational

Day start at 7:30 and end at 16:00 and the time is not enouth for all you can learn and atcheve.

Pros

free medical

Cons

normal working hours

I'm Not doing a job of productivity but we're defending the Country.

1. Everyday am doing office work if not in the field.2. I have learned that you are can't work alone.3. Normally on management i give input when required.4. My co-workers are friendly enough and from different cultures.5. There is nothing hard because we are trained while.6. Is to know more about our corporate.

Pros

no free launchs

Cons

doing over night duty

Productive and leadership hard worker

Hard worker,productive and leadership.Hard work pays.Good to work with alot of people.That days u do not much is bad.When the day was an sucses

i gained lots of skills, drilling and shooting to mention few.

It fun, it just need lot of discipline, passion and commitment. Trust and togetherness is a must. Because it demands safety. Being taught how to jump from an aircraft was the best. But the selection of the jump course was the worst, being hammered for 72hours non stop. With heavy equipment and only water, no food.

Pros

pride for me, i would say. but getting pocket money when going on course is a moral-booster

Cons

knowing that chances of you being killed with a bullet are 80%. but i volunteered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF