SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

Great place to work. Great people all around.

Great place for career growth and personal development.Plenty of opportunities for career progression.Self confidence and industrial worth can be best attained.

Pros

Your dedication to work will definitely be recognised by supervisors.

Cons

At times you'll be expected to go the extra mile. And for that you'll be rewarded.

Diciplinned and strict

Great people ...Fun environment and casual although strict and disciplined...Great hours with tea time and lunch time.Promotion to next rank available although it takes long

Pros

Functions fun daye etc

Cons

Duties

Meet people from all over tge country

A very great experience which makes you ti take decision very quickly, you will have that eagerness to go anywhere in the world, you can adapt to any situation and any terrain at any time which makes you more employable.You'll work with different kinds types of people and you must respect their race gender and most important religion.

Exciting

It was always nice walking in a very serious place to meet the nicest team to work with and we used to be taken to a location for a certain shoot. The culture was always about respect

Well balanced working environment

Quite a relaxed environment with different culture. The Job is just the same as Drs who are working for any hospital or clinic. Just that patients are different from general population patients.

Employer of choice

Good place to work for, the employees are welcoming and always ready to assist when necessary. Very disciplined and always on time and there us uniformity

It gives you an opportunity to have skills that will help you when you're no more in the army

It gives its employees an opportunity to study or further their careers @ state expenses. It's values when it comes to the military culture is very strict

Salary sale to be adjusted

The DOD must take into consideration that its employees are always putting the organization needs before self and for that members needs to be appreciated . Less tax can make a huge difference for uniform members coz they can't afford a house and a vehicle simultaneously, both assets are necessarily required on daily basis.

The SANDF is mostly good

The SANDF is very good, it takes care of its people. The job culture creates brothers and sisters. I am proud to have served. It taught me a lot about myself.

Deoends on work zones

Boring if you have a specific qualification but under utilised Can be enjoyable if Commanders were to interact both military and modern management skills. Commanders tend to stick to old military impraticatable management strategy.

Great job security

Because you work for the government job security is great. And depending on the directorate you're working for you can be deployed or get to travel to different cities or countries.

Pros

Traveling trips

Cons

Top management can be really hard to work with.

Provides recreation sports day every Wednesday and physical training daily

The military has become extremely political driven for A - political career officers. I was developed to the level of General Command and Staff but was informed that my political affiliation is A - political due to the previous regime which I served in and this will deprive me of promotion to General. I retired as a Colonel after 12 years serving as a commander of operational and training units. I deployed as a national Contingent Commander in Burundi and Congo under AU and UN missions and was appointed as Sector Commander in Dafur under the AU and Hybrid AU/UN light support package mission.

Pros

Meals, accommodation and medical cover as for a defence force

Cons

Being a commander this perk, I decided my off times

productive companyto work for

I have worked for the SANDF from 2007 until present. I worked as an Artisan and then now im working as an NDT and Quality technician. I love the SANDF

Pros

nock off early on some fridays or day before the public holiday

Cons

trainig time is fully allowed

productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work is arrive at 0700 at work then starting with admin and ensuring that the members working under me is all well. working at the national defence force is a way of living and not a job because you get a lot to do withe protecting the borders of south africa

Pros

See the world

Cons

long Hours

Fun and productive depending on the field of work

During training its fun as we are very active doing drills. Doing intensive physical training like push ups, sit ups running, walking, weapon handling cleaning our sleeping quaters bush phase.

Pros

Deducted from salary monthly

Cons

12 hours monday to sunday for 8 days working and 4 days rest out of work

Awesome

Awesome, Everyday in 5 months I couldn't wait until it was morning. The whole system was a never ending learning environment, form physical to mental. The disciple and ethics of the whole SANDF is awesome. I loved being there and I want to work there forever, it's awesome.

stepping stone

The job has various benefits like medical aid, but very little room for growth. they offer opportunities to study, but promotion rate is slow. The work hours are long.

Pros

medical

Cons

slow promotions

productive

SANDF as an organisation that is there to transfers skills to the youth of South Africa through the skills development program in the new democratic dispensation

Misplaced

I am currently working for SANDF, I still don't understand why we got so misplaced like this in this department. I am one of people who are holding degrees but we utilised to open gates.I see this as a waste of education and it really hurts.

lots of experians

a typical day are 7 hours work, learning every day how the different departments are working and going on about problem solving at work , the management staff are always helpful, the hardest part of my work are are getting signal for my scanners to work. and the most enjoyable part at work are the peoples that i am working with.

Pros

free medical and pention

Cons

no family time

it is productive and enjoyment at all times

indeed it is a workable department where you explore in many opportunities given to you. you learn to work with different people from different background. it should easy for you to adjust if you are working with the strangers as we were told how to handle different characters. Join the the department and have lot of fun.

Pros

Explore the world

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF