SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews for Clerk

Well disciplined an respectful.

Learned to work as s group (team). Discipline and respect was daily food towards team, always on time an being flexible at all times. Ready to relocate at any moment and to work extra time was daily task.

Pros

I worked for anything

Cons

No free hours, you work hard and rest.

Meet people from all over tge country

A very great experience which makes you ti take decision very quickly, you will have that eagerness to go anywhere in the world, you can adapt to any situation and any terrain at any time which makes you more employable.You'll work with different kinds types of people and you must respect their race gender and most important religion.

Cons

Military is not a job, but a "Calling" I was there for 23years as a " Contract Worker" the only true Benefit is the Medical at 3 Military Hospital for my family suffer now without it. I was bullied and attacked in my workplace, politics played a roll and even though I have completed all my courses in 2015, it was mentioned that "You are too male and too pale!" I worked hard and almost every year received a 2 Signal Regiment- Commendation, but I was to long in my rank, therefore only received once an incentive of R2000.

Pros

Medical and paid Military Courses

Cons

No career satisfaction or promotion for white personnel, My career manager phoned me to request what courses I have to do? This after I resigned?

Disciplined working environment

I am proud to be a member of the SANDF. I wear my unifirm with pride and conduct myself in a way that is expected of me according to our Code of Conduct for Uniformed members. The most enjoyable part if my job is when we go out to different SA Army units to present the SHE Rep course and doing admin of the course was great. Sporting events like Recreation day and Casual day are the most enjoyable days where we get to come together with members from other units and enjoy.Working hours are in accordance with the Labour Law.

Pros

Sports days

Cons

Afternoon parades

I find my work exciting and I learn something new everyday. My management team is very helpful and there is a sense of culture in the workplace. My management motivates me to learn what I can.

Administrative

A typical day at work is exhausting. Learned how to work with different cultures and people. Management is not always of high standard. My co-workers is intelligent people and is nice to work with. The hardest part of my job is to keep up with changes in every day to day tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be part of a winning team who will put in 100% every day.

Pros

Relatively good job security

Cons

Not a very good award system

Discipline is priority

1. Ensure you always in time 2. Physical training is always encouraged to be done 3. Staff members are always supportive to the best of their ability

Pros

free medical aid

Cons

repetative routine

productive and challenging

every day was great for me at work,i ve learned how to approach different issues and as manager you must lead by example and also must understand people,there nothing hard if you do your work with dedication i learned to be a hard worker and also explore a lot

Sort, file and take out to clients

Each day I will go to the clients collect my work. Sort, file, and take out again if needed, otherwise I will file my file in the cupboard. when post come in it will be sorted and filed, made copies if needed, take out to clients

Pros

stable job

Cons

to far from home

survevial and group work

raining and you are in the bush that working together as a group you can get rewards that at the level of our position 11 has to be in charge will to learn and share the little we have with each other when we had to fight to keep peace to be able to go out of South Africa and learn different culture and language

Pros

free lunches

Government department

Received a lot of training in various fieldsWorked in various sections in the human resources and labour relations fieldsWorked with pleasant co=workersThe hardest part of my job was having to tell people that they did not qualify for appointment or promotionThe most enjoyable part of my job was the period which I worked in the recruitment section. I travelled a lot .

Pros

training

Cons

constant changes in government acts

productive fun and too much work pressure number one on discipline

great place to work at.hard to conquer amazing people,suppliers arriving after hours,i learned a different approach to logistics the hardest part was the running...mos enjoyable was the drills,shooting and the leisure time utilisation

Pros

awesome accomodation free healthcare, food, accomodation and transport for 2 years

Cons

too physical

Fun working and productive place

The SANDF/SAMHS is a good place to work in for active, reliable andRespectiful individuals.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF
  • Clerk
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?