SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews for Military Practitioner

Welfare

This is the best place to start if you're an adventurous person and if you like the fitness lifestyle. A great place to explore the greatness of weapons and explosives, a place where 'intelligence ' and technology is of great significance . A place where discipline is a daily lesson. A field of many careers to choose from.

The SANDF is mostly good

The SANDF is very good, it takes care of its people. The job culture creates brothers and sisters. I am proud to have served. It taught me a lot about myself.

Extremely disciplined place

Must be hard working and go getter and be promoted to leadership post I as a sandf infantry enjoyed and love working at the sandf army and do not regret it many benefits and opportunities

Pros

Medical aid free

Cons

Dangerous working

The field and shooting and safety measures

Working in this environment is okay and not that challenging when you are not deployed outside the country ...the salary is not enough though and the job is dangerous as one can die at deployments...the working environment is exciting too and we are a different culture.we live with our military rules and it’s enjoyable

Pros

Cons

Normal working hours unless if you on guard duty

I enjoyed going to the shooting range and doing the fitness test

The best part about my job was the fitness level ,staying healthy and fit was a priority. My job also gave me the opportunity to travel the country and meet new people, working in the office helped me improve my computer skills.

Pros

Travel around the country

Cons

Staying in the field

Productive and disciplened workplace

I was a Military security officer since August 2013 and recently posted at communication office and it was on Sept 2016 till present. I am enjoying and having fun at my workplace and am ready to try something different outside my organisation. I just want to meet new,challenges and gain more experience.

fun working place

Do want to make it my career,would like to further my career in mechanical engineering because I have a passion for it. You traveller alot get to see places and learn alot about working with people and the safety of your country, protecting the citizens.learn about survival aswell to cope with the little you have its a great experience for someone who don't wanna starting a family anytime soon or get married.

productive and challenging

I feel I have to grow now out of the army as im not fully employed there, and as a reserve force member I feel they not doing much for reserve force..

Pros

free meals

Cons

away from home

I can say it is not a job but a calling.

I happened to get a chance to receive the best military experience. I gained knowledge about security of the country and its people in accordance with the constitution and the law. I gained knowledge in gathering, compiling and dissemination of classified information. I learned to be discipline and follow orders. I learned to live and follow a routine.

Pros

Deployments

Cons

Growth

Best thing I ever did

Joining the military is the best choice one could ever make. The friends you make become family. The skills will stay with you for ever. You are trained to be prepared for any situation with or without warning.

Pros

Free food and accommodation

Cons

There really is nobe

it is not a productive enviroment

we work with all races but when it comes to promotions it then favors other races' it becomes a challenge for the young black Africans do develop as it is mostly filled with black Africans but they are less considered when it comes to empowerment n promotions.

Very productive and active

Lovely and disciplined place to work at. All is done according to the instruction given, all the payment are done in time no supplies complained

Pros

Offers

Cons

Working long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF