SANDF

SANDF Employee Reviews for Soldier

I love my job

I worked in the NDF for 15years and still not promotedHave been to couple of countries and have really gained a lotDrCongo,Burundi,SudanThank you.

Pros

Salaries

Cons

Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.

My work entail looking after my team and i am enjoying every moment thereof. Over the years i have learnt many skills and management strategies. Unfortunately the culture of the SANDF took a dip into negative territory but it's not something that cannot be remedied. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact that you have to remain single to ensure a successful career in the SANDF other than married couples who have to deal with going away for operations at prolonged period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to travel and see different countries and places and meet many other soldiers, languages, cultures and people around the globe. The sense of purpose to serve a young democratic country and building a new inclusive nation is challenging but the thrill of accomplishment far outweigh the effort.

Pros

Best medical care system in the country and housing allowance.

Cons

Long hours, danger and travelling.

Very productive workplace

Very well managed organization, training provided was perfect and very reliable. Extra effort from all staff. Opportunity for more training also available.

The SANDF builds good character, it produces well mannered and strong people with great personal bearing and good experience. The SANDF breeds young leaders who are hungry for success.

Pros

Five star Accommodation

Cons

Long wait for promotion

stepping stone

The job has various benefits like medical aid, but very little room for growth. they offer opportunities to study, but promotion rate is slow. The work hours are long.

Pros

medical

Cons

slow promotions

Extremely pleasant to work for

It is a very nice environment of which you stand a chance to learn a lot from it and the success of your career here all depends on yourself and your discipline

Pros

Great work outs

Cons

Early hours

Fun and adventurous and one get to know how to survive tough conditions

A day start with a roll call at 07:45 and after that normal daily routine everyone is given daily orders and tasks depending on the nature of the mission ie patrols escorts guarding and base maintenance. Some of the duties can last as long as 18 to more than one day also depending on the nature of the mission

Pros

Stay at work with free meals

Cons

Flexible hours

love to explore and experience new things

Going all the way with my job doing the best of my ability it doesn't matter what situation or out come i give my best with respect and honour and loyalty

Pros

good service

Cons

24/7 working

Fun innovative

The SANDF was so far the most memorable employment ever.It taught me to become an adult and self secured.open to anything and everything broadening my horizon. This is just a good place to build yourself as a human being.

Pros

Getting to meat new people

Cons

War

Effective and professionalism

Effective and professionalism. My work place is based on discipline. Respect is mutual. We have the culture that is there to be followed by everyone. The is no hardship on my side. The most enjoyable part is we value socializing. To make sure employees are fit mentally and physically

Pros

No free lunch, only for duty personel

Cons

Overtime are compensated

good work pkace

I learned lot of things, and I did different courses, its good and fun working place where you learn other cultures and enjoying the field phase and working with weapons

Fun wokplace

Training to become a soldier ,learning new skills everyday, learning self discipline and working hard. Enjoying to serve my Country and people and protecting them.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Hard work

Not productive

SANDF is one of the difficult places you can work at, but more exposure you will get and experience, more especially deploying external and internal for peace keeping, which is the most goal ever the SANDF wants to achieve.

Pros

Most experiance in protection and security

Cons

10 hours

productivite and fun working place

I learned working as a team its fun and productive working as a group the management s good the hardest part of y job was having to sleep in the bush

Pros

free meals and accomodation

Cons

A good start as a first job.

The life skills you get taught are very important and they come handy when life gets tough. The training itself is a preparation of a life-long dedication to serving the country and its people.

Pros

You are well taken care of in terms of job security.

Cons

Career advancement is hard to come by

fun work place

Was the best workplace i could have found myself and does not regret it for one moment.Learned alot about other cultures the hardest part was being away from home for months but as a soldier we get to do what needs to be done and is not trained physicaly only but mentally as well.The most enjoyable part of the job is it comes with alot of freedom as well as dedication.

Pros

free training, weeknds off

Cons

Good to work there u only work few hours,u have time to do other important things.

Getting to serve ur country is always the best thing that has ever happened to me.it shows ur love for the people of your country that u not selfish but u think for othrs as well.

Pros

Free lunches, get to travel the country.

Cons

Short hours

productive and too much serious working place

Earn Good displine, Attitudes. Everything is smoothly. Firm up. Good in acknowledgement. Gives Awards. Work as group always and never take sides

Pros

free Lunch's only in basic

Cons

normal working our, no long hours

No future for us in the army as we are working as reserves, and we have no benefits,if i die now my family wont get anything

I really love the army,its a nice organization ever,however we are working as reserves bt I have find a job for my future and my the future of my children.

Pros

Deployment

Cons

You only work 6 months per year

excitting exercises everyday

having to a pity training early morning. a learned to be discipline the management was proffessional my co-workers were excellent

Pros

having nice meals during the weekend

Cons

short hour during sport day on fridays

protecting the citizens within my country

the SANDF treated me to take my collegues as brothers and sisters because in battle we have to work together side by side in order to protect our country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF