SANDF

SANDF Culture reviews

Clear

Well disciplined an respectful.

Learned to work as s group (team). Discipline and respect was daily food towards team, always on time an being flexible at all times. Ready to relocate at any moment and to work extra time was daily task.

Pros

I worked for anything

Cons

No free hours, you work hard and rest.

Productive but needs to concentrate more on proper leadership.

My work entail looking after my team and i am enjoying every moment thereof. Over the years i have learnt many skills and management strategies. Unfortunately the culture of the SANDF took a dip into negative territory but it's not something that cannot be remedied. The hardest part of the job is probably the fact that you have to remain single to ensure a successful career in the SANDF other than married couples who have to deal with going away for operations at prolonged period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to travel and see different countries and places and meet many other soldiers, languages, cultures and people around the globe. The sense of purpose to serve a young democratic country and building a new inclusive nation is challenging but the thrill of accomplishment far outweigh the effort.

Pros

Best medical care system in the country and housing allowance.

Cons

Long hours, danger and travelling.

Working day is normal as other even thou you encoumter scenario where you to apply vision

Normal working Hours but remember security You are 24/7 alert. There is lot to learn things like...your body getting used to function underpressure and contain with out breaking up,secondly being to live together with No fight but there argument. Top rated management with good working ethics.I wish everyone would love to have test of its culture where by to learn different cultural nd they behaiuot.Also how we do things always in group we dnt work in imdividuals I I wish all members will love to taste the

Discipline is part of soldiers lay low and be vigilant you

Management skills Time management is essentialal as we are disciplined Team member and leadership is part of soldiers Sport and fiscal fitness is our hobby

I have learned a lot from the sandf

Sandf changed they way I think,gives you more opportunities,I very challenging wen comes to task because same of the task requests fitness and bravery

knowlegde of the job must be current and your conduct must always be professional.

I gained knowledge and skills. I normally prepared the tasks of the next day, the previous day. The work place culture is cohesive and consist of different cultures.The hardest part of the job was the marking of assessment, moderating and supervision of different class places.The most enjoyable part is during cultural days and when practical must take place.

Exciting

It was always nice walking in a very serious place to meet the nicest team to work with and we used to be taken to a location for a certain shoot. The culture was always about respect

Well balanced working environment

Quite a relaxed environment with different culture. The Job is just the same as Drs who are working for any hospital or clinic. Just that patients are different from general population patients.

It gives you an opportunity to have skills that will help you when you're no more in the army

It gives its employees an opportunity to study or further their careers @ state expenses. It's values when it comes to the military culture is very strict

The SANDF is mostly good

The SANDF is very good, it takes care of its people. The job culture creates brothers and sisters. I am proud to have served. It taught me a lot about myself.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SANDF?

Military is not a job, but a "Calling" I was there for 23years as a " Contract Worker" the only true Benefit is the Medical at 3 Military Hospital for my family suffer now without it. I was bullied and attacked in my workplace, politics played a roll and even though I have completed all my courses in 2015, it was mentioned that "You are too male and too pale!" I worked hard and almost every year received a 2 Signal Regiment- Commendation, but I was to long in my rank, therefore only received once an incentive of R2000.

Pros

Medical and paid Military Courses

Cons

No career satisfaction or promotion for white personnel, My career manager phoned me to request what courses I have to do? This after I resigned?

The field and shooting and safety measures

Working in this environment is okay and not that challenging when you are not deployed outside the country ...the salary is not enough though and the job is dangerous as one can die at deployments...the working environment is exciting too and we are a different culture.we live with our military rules and it’s enjoyable

Pros

Cons

Normal working hours unless if you on guard duty

Fun work place with high discipline

High discipline is a must. Must 18 to 22 years of age to join this organization. Be highly self motivated and be willing to be a team player. Must have matric minimum.

Very productive workplace

Very well managed organization, training provided was perfect and very reliable. Extra effort from all staff. Opportunity for more training also available.

Good workplace and very satisfying

Join the SANDF and see the world, no other environment would gives you the opportunity to meet so many interested people, countries and see so many different cultures

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Tough circumstances

An excellent work place

At the end of the day you know that what you are is doing is for a great course. I learned the importance of discipline, hard work, hygiene, punctuality, integrity and humanity. The SANDF management is one of the best I have come across. Workplace culture is a very Vibrant and wonderful work culture with a lot professionalism. The hardest part of the job is the fact that you have to be away from loved ones for a very long time. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you are involved in something bigger than yourself.

Effective and professionalism

Effective and professionalism. My work place is based on discipline. Respect is mutual. We have the culture that is there to be followed by everyone. The is no hardship on my side. The most enjoyable part is we value socializing. To make sure employees are fit mentally and physically

Pros

No free lunch, only for duty personel

Cons

Overtime are compensated

Fun workplace

I have learned self discipline how to handle dangerous weapons.The hardest part of the job is to leave your family for a long time to go on deployments.The most enjoyable part of the job is learning different cultures and to travel.

lots of experians

a typical day are 7 hours work, learning every day how the different departments are working and going on about problem solving at work , the management staff are always helpful, the hardest part of my work are are getting signal for my scanners to work. and the most enjoyable part at work are the peoples that i am working with.

Pros

free medical and pention

Cons

no family time

good work pkace

I learned lot of things, and I did different courses, its good and fun working place where you learn other cultures and enjoying the field phase and working with weapons

Good workplace

Overall good.. Space for more courses. Nice people.. Disappointed in some people who doesnt want to work as a team.. Good relations with other people.. Merit awards was a bonus. Good discipline.

Pros

Merit award bonuses

Cons

Negative people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?