SANDF

South Africa287 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

Stable work

Stable working environment with good benefits. Higher level of education will help you progress quicker. Great opportunity for people just leaving school at any level. You can work and study.

Pros

Food and accommodation is provided when you live in the base

Cons

Your time belongs to the defense force. They tell you when to work.

Well disciplined an respectful.

Learned to work as s group (team). Discipline and respect was daily food towards team, always on time an being flexible at all times. Ready to relocate at any moment and to work extra time was daily task.

Pros

I worked for anything

Cons

No free hours, you work hard and rest.

Diciplinned and strict

Great people ...Fun environment and casual although strict and disciplined...Great hours with tea time and lunch time.Promotion to next rank available although it takes long

Pros

Functions fun daye etc

Cons

Duties

Self-discipline

Self-discipline is of utmost importance. Growth opportunities are available. Job security. You need to know how to follow orders and be a leader at the same time. Be medically fit.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and yes fun

Working at the sandf was very good and they took good care of the employers,they gave us time of when we are tired went home early on a Wednesday.So yes it's a pretty good work.

Extremely disciplined place

Must be hard working and go getter and be promoted to leadership post I as a sandf infantry enjoyed and love working at the sandf army and do not regret it many benefits and opportunities

Pros

Medical aid free

Cons

Dangerous working

A very adventurous working place

Sometimes we work with weapons that we used to see on tv. Even though it it not my job title but i still handle weapons as a soldier. Being in a frigate is another interesting experience

Pros

Free lunches, allowences

Cons

Always taking orders

I'm working safeguarding through the borderline

Safeguarding through the borderline Good approach with the community. I don't get along with my boss. Our training is very professional. Working with the community. I enjoy my training and development and our entertainment from my country.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I'm getting free health care, Free food

The field and shooting and safety measures

Working in this environment is okay and not that challenging when you are not deployed outside the country ...the salary is not enough though and the job is dangerous as one can die at deployments...the working environment is exciting too and we are a different culture.we live with our military rules and it’s enjoyable

Pros

Cons

Normal working hours unless if you on guard duty

Not what it used to be

The SANDF is not an employer to be proud of.The lack of professionalism and discipline saw the SANDF declining. The salary and career advancement in the SANDF became unreliable and nepotism is the order of the day.

Pros

Cons

Unsatisfactory

Productive with new change everyday

I'm looking for a job coz I'm doing part time in Army and its hard for me to make a living so I did forklift license to see if I can better my life I need this job very bad

Pros

Free lunch

Excellent experiece

An experience every young man should go through. It taught me discipline, punctuality, subordination, mutual respect. Multicultural environment with mutual understanding and respect.

Pros

EXCELLENT medical, Pension benifits.

Cons

The long months away from home.

Fun and productive depending on the field of work

During training its fun as we are very active doing drills. Doing intensive physical training like push ups, sit ups running, walking, weapon handling cleaning our sleeping quaters bush phase.

Pros

Deducted from salary monthly

Cons

12 hours monday to sunday for 8 days working and 4 days rest out of work

Fun place to work and travel

Its a good place to start a career and develop a skill that is needed in life and profesionaly. A disciplined environment that can build a career and personality.

Pros

Good pension yet on salary its nt equivalent to the private sector regardless of qualification.

Cons

Career advancement is hard

stepping stone

The job has various benefits like medical aid, but very little room for growth. they offer opportunities to study, but promotion rate is slow. The work hours are long.

Pros

medical

Cons

slow promotions

it is wonderful and challenging workplace

working at a sandf was a wonderful experience and challenging.it made me know how to be punctual and complete different task on time,it also taught me to be disciple in the workplace and around people

Pros

free Food

Cons

abnormal hours

Hardworking nd very productive

Very nice working for this company you learn a lot of things and you get to associate with different people and to know alot of places, the world get to be in your hands

Pros

Knowlegde is free

Good workplace

Overall good.. Space for more courses. Nice people.. Disappointed in some people who doesnt want to work as a team.. Good relations with other people.. Merit awards was a bonus. Good discipline.

Pros

Merit award bonuses

Cons

Negative people

Productive and Fun

We always had fun and enjoying with fellow colleagues. Working on an aircraft was amazing, learning the technigues of war and deffending the country. How communication is done through radios and raders was one of those good memories i had

Pros

yes we received free lunch

Cons

Normal working hours

Stable and great

Wonderful people and atmosphere to work with. Great benefits and perfect home/work balance. Lots of opportunities for study and advancement as well as a learning environment without compare.

Pros

Free medical

Cons

Mostly 2 year contracts

Well disciplined workforce with good ethics and military culture.

Responsible for daily administration of the branch, research, planning, preparation, facilitation and assessment of ETD related programmes. I enjoy being part of such a dynamic and diverse group, serving towards protecting the sovereignty of our country. It gave me ample opportunities to discover my own potential and indicated my shortcomings that needed to be addressed as to equip myself with the necessary knowledge, skill and attitude to carry out my tasks effectively and efficiently.

Pros

Good benefits and opportunities to develop oneself

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANDF. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SANDF