Sandvik

Sandvik Employee Reviews

Plant lot of technical skills on the job and enjoyed problem-solving which was a major part of my daily duties I also had to teach and train apprentices assist with coaching at site and advising the Client on what best suits their needs
Working at Sandvik has been my best work experience thus far. I have gained tremendous experience in various fields including cost engineering. I have been privileged to work with, in my opinion, one of the most remarkable leaders in our industry.
when i stucked the rods. Team work, management, workplace standard,the hardest part poor ventilation and enjoyable part of job was bonus every month.
Pros
free accomondation, transportation and food
Cons
paid overtime
Sandvik has given lots of knowledge and skills over the years. I had the opportunity to get extensive training at our factory in America and Australia. There is quite a lot of travelling involved. Our management team are also very skilled persons with technical skills that benefit me should there be a dufficult problem to solve.
this is a great steping stone and an even better career move. if I had a choice I would have stayed but my living arangements didnt let me make any money and I was about to have serious money problems if I stayed in that position.
Pros
build up of knowledge over a short amount of time.
Cons
heavy traveling expences
Atypical work day brought new challenges and exciting encounters in the work environment all which was made easier with good relations among workers and with management . The team comprised people from different cultures and races but we all worked together as equals. Safety regulations were upheld to the highest level
A typical day at work is based on Schedule Milestones and checking priorities before attending to my incoming and outgoing responsibilities towards stakeholders. What I have learned is that document management is not based on first in / first out methodology like I have originally adhered to but rather working according to a critical path and scheduled milestones. Our workplace culture is very much family orientated - we do work long hours when required but our company focuses on involving our family on fun days or team building events. The hardest part of the job for me is to decline submissions from stakeholders when it doe not comply to ISO standards as set out in our management plans and procedures whilst I am aware it is a document on a critical path. I love document management - I love working with people and reporting on great teamwork to get a project delivered and closed-out successfully!
Team work makes a dream work. We have learn a lot from each other, that helped us build a very concrete and reliable team. There is transparency and honesty.
Pros
Discounted meal
Cons
Reasonable hours
Work day starts at 06h00 till 15h00 (9 hours) Mon - Fri. Everyday is a learning curve due to new activities every day. good relations with management and crew. Different cultures, but when working together all is equal. Rules and correct standards are sometimes not adheared to from the workforce side so you have to be strict. When all employees work safe together.
Pros
Pay weekends
Cons
Unhappy workforce
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sandvik?
Sandvik mining in short is the company to be, Individual attention is at their core philosophy, They have further education facilities with international accreditation. Ideal for people that want to build a career and grow as a professional and as an individual.
working long without taking a break and i have learned that communication is very important when you are working with a team and the hardest part of the job is working in a confine space underground
Commercial Facilitation and Contract Administration of various projects including: - Preparing NEC3 and FIDIC Conditions of Contract Contracts. - Prepare and Issue Contract RFQ's (suppliers & sub-contracts) - Involved in the procurement cycle from writing and compiling tender documents to issuing of tenders, opening and evaluating tender bids, negotiating and finalising contracts, contract administration during the contract period. - Assessing and evaluating Site Instructions, early warning notices, claims, technical and commercial contract scope changes. - Contract amendments
Pros
working with good people
Cons
bad management
Doing service and breakdowns Hydraulics and team spirit working as a team. Working as team with effective communicaton. Work place was good. Working together as a team sharing knowledge with dieselmechanics doing mechanicalbreak downs
Very challenging Each day brought new challenges Diverse group of workers Tight Deadlines Employee satisfaction made worthwhile Strive to satisfy client
Benefits
Cons
unreasonable deadlines
Mainaining of machines was a struggle for they did not come on time for services that gave us more breakdowns and productivity went down
Pros
overtime was payed
Cons
Working a Fullco shift on the mine 9.5 hours a day 7 on 5 off and 7 night and 2 days off again. Store Supervisor drive cruisers underground to supply equipment to the mine Rigs and Supervise the underground store-mans.
The company was very productive and I've learn a lot in that company. I am a hard working man who want to learn more and also like a challenging job learn new things everyday because I catch up easily. Working long hours and overtime was my duty because I always plan my work in time because I committee myself when it comes to my work.
Early morning start to late night. To apply SHE on daily basis. Good communication with management. Looking after each other at all times. Poor working conditions. Complete a job safe and all my subbordinets returning home safe at the end of the day
Pros
Car allowens, Cell phone
Cons
Travel a lot and long hours
Sandvik made me What I am today , I will love 2 work 4 it many many years to come from now on wards ., I love it so much .it gave the skill is th
Pros
artisan millwright
Cons
nothing much
I worked at Sandvik for 31 years. It is a good company to work for and is an international company so prospects are vast. Their infastructure is excellent and marketing is fantastic and they are always investigating the market and improving on their products.
It is joyful to have a safe productive day at work. To learn new technology and experience new efficient designs on equipment. It is always a pleasure to have the support of management for assistance. Team work and skill transferring is a must. The hardest part to achieve your goals is to have spare parts and the correct equipment on site. The most enjoyable part is to achieve your goals on or before target dates within the budget range.