Sanlam
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Sanlam Employee Reviews

This easy to work with another representative's go to work sites, help them to resolve clients problems and do team building do outing with colleagues to catch up sent birthday masseges to clients
Pros
Tshirts
Cons
Early bird
Always get up early in the morning and go to work,Be passionate about your job,Be a peoples person always complimentive with clientsBe on positive.
Pros
They always provide lunch
Cons
Work hard to do your targets
Working with term that are more motivated to achieve the company's financial objectives and personal objectives . At Sanlam you determine your own growth by giving your all and pushing head to achieve.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Own hours as long as you reach your own target.
You will have job security without a doubt but the company still has a long way to go in terms of transformation plus they still base their salary offers on formal qualifications and tenure so you may be overlooked for promotions and growth opportunities if you are not formally qualified
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Low salary
I love every second being part of the Sanlam Group..............................................They develop and groom you very nicely....Also... they don't spoonfeed but they know very well how to work together.
Worst mistake I ever made. How I regret that day, should you leave, the claws come out, always look for ways to Debar their advisers and will blacklist and put you onto credit Burea should you contest the lapses. They will make sure you never work in the financial industry again so the blue star franchises can keep your books, if you see sanlam, don't go near that company. You've Been Warned!!!!!!
Pros
You keep your life, whats left of it
Cons
Once they are done with you, you basically live a paupers life.
Don't ever promise client's what you cannot offer always try to be realistic.Avoid mixing business with pleasure so that you won't get any distructions at work.
Not the place if you want to progress and learn about other industries. Also they are always making last minute decisions without consulting the staff.
Cons
Too little people in departments for the workload
It's is steal one of the best environment ever that I have ever worked at the culture the people you meet there unlike any other places. They are shopes gym bank available at ease to make the place a more suitable place to work for.
Pros
Free lunch vouchers
Not an ideal if you want to budget or you're a family person with monthly responsibilities. Managers are rude and greedy, the company too requires that you pay them money given to you as comission when a client's doesn't honor theirs signature.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Cleints are are unreliable
It's a very big and we'll known company, It is a great company to work for and they take care of their employees. Also for their clients making sure that every employee is happy.
as a new manager I learned to work with different kinds of people at all time. I was required to be on site with my team members at all times. I had to travel a lot to look for business.
As time goes by the salary decreases. Management is okay. They do care about the employees well being. As long as you do the work then you will get the results.
Felt I was unfairly treated while in training as well as a total lack of sympathy after my MVA in which I injured my spine requiring surgery. I left while recuperating. Feel like I was robbed of building a successful career.
Pros
Excellent brand & marketing
Cons
Extremely stressful initial period while still in our introductory phase to the organisation.
Sanlam (particularly, Sanlam Investment Group) is the place to work hard, be recognised and rewarded, with excellent incentive packages and a fun working environment. You'll get all the training you want, but be prepared to put the work behind it. If you need a coach or mentor, you'll get one. Lots of opportunity for career growth and relocation across the various groups and investment clusters, including the UK office. There is a strong focus on work/life balance, with a strong culture of athletes: swimmers, marathon runners, mountain bikers and more. A relatively flat, non-hierarchical structure compared to most corporates. The CEO has an open door policy and genuinely cares about his people - all of them - including the service staff. Very diverse in terms of culture, language, gender and ethnic groups. Very strong strong on transformation. Very progressive culture; real people; real values. Highly recommended as one of the top employers to work for.
Pros
Subsidized meals in a 4-star canteen, top coffee baristas, shops and pharmacy, work-life balance, non-hierarchical and warm culture.
Cons
Be prepared to work hard; not the place for slackers
The best corporate company to be part of, especially during these times, you look for sustainance & growth. Sanlam is a company that has been standing for many years.
1. Busy and professional environment. 2. Learned their way of working expectations and their systems. 3. Strong and ambitious management. 4. Friendly and helpful culture. 5. Dealing with difficult people. 6. Was very comfortable and enjoyed doing travel bookings and arranging private holiday bookings. Also enjoyed formatting reports and documents. And enjoyed the friendships.
Pros
Wonderful bosses
Cons
n/a
I had a wonderful manager always there to assist and teach us how to market and sell. How to handle difficult client as well as being professional in any manner
As an intern at Sanlam,I learnt so much about the insurance world and was treated as their own.I enjoyed helping clients and working with everyone at the office.I got to attend conferences which made me see how Sanlam operates.
Sanlam has taught me to be organised and focus at all the times , ive learned and adopted that respect must be my fisrt rule.im a go getter a determined person with mission and objectives of my vision
Pros
Lunch while you are busy prispecting
Cons
Excellent open communication. They are equipping the employees on self development and also psychological services through external sources to ensure that they cope with both personal and professional challenges.
  1. Employee Reviews