Sanlam

Sanlam Employee Reviews

4,0
Don't ever promise client's what you cannot offer always try to be realistic.Avoid mixing business with pleasure so that you won't get any distructions at work.
3,0
Not the place if you want to progress and learn about other industries. Also they are always making last minute decisions without consulting the staff.
Cons
Too little people in departments for the workload
4,0
It's is steal one of the best environment ever that I have ever worked at the culture the people you meet there unlike any other places. They are shopes gym bank available at ease to make the place a more suitable place to work for.
Pros
Free lunch vouchers
2,0
Not an ideal if you want to budget or you're a family person with monthly responsibilities. Managers are rude and greedy, the company too requires that you pay them money given to you as comission when a client's doesn't honor theirs signature.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Cleints are are unreliable
5,0
It's a very big and we'll known company, It is a great company to work for and they take care of their employees. Also for their clients making sure that every employee is happy.
5,0
as a new manager I learned to work with different kinds of people at all time. I was required to be on site with my team members at all times. I had to travel a lot to look for business.
3,0
As time goes by the salary decreases. Management is okay. They do care about the employees well being. As long as you do the work then you will get the results.
3,0
Felt I was unfairly treated while in training as well as a total lack of sympathy after my MVA in which I injured my spine requiring surgery. I left while recuperating. Feel like I was robbed of building a successful career.
Pros
Excellent brand & marketing
Cons
Extremely stressful initial period while still in our introductory phase to the organisation.
5,0
Sanlam (particularly, Sanlam Investment Group) is the place to work hard, be recognised and rewarded, with excellent incentive packages and a fun working environment. You'll get all the training you want, but be prepared to put the work behind it. If you need a coach or mentor, you'll get one. Lots of opportunity for career growth and relocation across the various groups and investment clusters, including the UK office. There is a strong focus on work/life balance, with a strong culture of athletes: swimmers, marathon runners, mountain bikers and more. A relatively flat, non-hierarchical structure compared to most corporates. The CEO has an open door policy and genuinely cares about his people - all of them - including the service staff. Very diverse in terms of culture, language, gender and ethnic groups. Very strong strong on transformation. Very progressive culture; real people; real values. Highly recommended as one of the top employers to work for.
Pros
Subsidized meals in a 4-star canteen, top coffee baristas, shops and pharmacy, work-life balance, non-hierarchical and warm culture.
Cons
Be prepared to work hard; not the place for slackers
5,0
The best corporate company to be part of, especially during these times, you look for sustainance & growth. Sanlam is a company that has been standing for many years.
3,0
1. Busy and professional environment. 2. Learned their way of working expectations and their systems. 3. Strong and ambitious management. 4. Friendly and helpful culture. 5. Dealing with difficult people. 6. Was very comfortable and enjoyed doing travel bookings and arranging private holiday bookings. Also enjoyed formatting reports and documents. And enjoyed the friendships.
Pros
Wonderful bosses
Cons
n/a
4,0
I had a wonderful manager always there to assist and teach us how to market and sell. How to handle difficult client as well as being professional in any manner
5,0
As an intern at Sanlam,I learnt so much about the insurance world and was treated as their own.I enjoyed helping clients and working with everyone at the office.I got to attend conferences which made me see how Sanlam operates.
5,0
Sanlam has taught me to be organised and focus at all the times , ive learned and adopted that respect must be my fisrt rule.im a go getter a determined person with mission and objectives of my vision
Pros
Lunch while you are busy prispecting
5,0
Excellent open communication. They are equipping the employees on self development and also psychological services through external sources to ensure that they cope with both personal and professional challenges.
5,0
The management and co-workers were very good gk deal with. Learned a lot and have an ecperiance of financial industry. And still willing to learn more.
4,0
The experience was amazing and financial growth, it is one of the best sales company and they pay good commission and have good benefits. I wish to work there again
3,0
Financial Planning Cold calling Lead generation customer service client feedback research telemarketing admin telephone skills attention to detail communication
5,0
I have no comments, I left their employment due to personal reasons. If given the opportunity I would like to work for the company. Sanlam is a great company to work for.
4,0
Typical work week on Mondays to Thursdays we go out looking for clients to sell insurance to, we make appointments with our clients and do presentations. Friday will be office day where we will have team meeting. Due to the environment I have been exposed to, I have learnt to work independently as well as in a team. As a result of working in a fast paced environment handling work pressure and work life balance has been easy.
Pros
Incetives
Cons
Unattainable targets
5,0
As I have said above that sanlam is the great company to work for. You work on own time and it is up to you if how much you wanna get paid, meaning you have to push yourself. The environment is amazing and the staff, managers and supervisors are so supportive and understanding the circumstances of being in the field that is not easy.