Sanlam
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Sanlam Employee Reviews

South Africa779 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Very good company to work for

Very paying good company to work for, the benefits are so amazing🤸 I'm enjoying working at Sanlam, u work on ur own time and you also write ur own payslip, if u dnt wanna earn ull not work but if u have the love of moola ull go extramile

Productive and fun work place where by its feels like family company.

It is the fair company that pays you for what you have worked for ,they practice what they predge other than that its a reliable company to work with .is just that on my side, for personal resoans i need the job that its not on the field and 8h to 17h not far from home now.

Pros

Yes its cater for every meetings where by you get the chance to order the meal of your choice

Cons

Its up to you as your the one who write your salary.

Productive work place

It's a good company for growth and experience. There's a lot of benefits like medical aid, pension benefits and a lot of monthly insensitives. If you are a person who loves traveling then you will enjoy Sanlam a lot.

Toxic Management

Daily threats; micro managing; long hours; no work life balance; burn out; okay benefits; vaccine mandate; company way or the high way; Sanlam Direct.

Professional and challenging with really good people.

Historically solid management.Clear strategy and direction.Experienced amazing growth and development. Culture rewards performance.Very long hours.

Positive culture at work

The company is always striving to create a positive and cohesive culture in the working environment. Emphasis is placed on values, ethics, teamwork, innovation, etc.

I enjoy working to the company cause I get to meet different people and different places since I’ve been here I’ve travel all over South Africa.

It is a nice environment to work at sanlam you work flexible hours as long you reach your target numbers and earn your money according the way you want to

Motivating workplace that always ensures that you reach your goals.

My time as a financial advisor was very much interesting. The company has a very well balanced structure and management very much helpful in helping you succeed.

Productive, calm and friendly place to work.

I worked at Sanlam for several years. Salaries were good, training was great and people where friendly. I was give fair opportunities to take responsibility for work pieces, this helped me grow and learn. Great accolades were also offered to those who deserved them.

Productive and fun workplace

Sanlam is a great company to work for, you need to show initiative put your head down and do the work. Management is great, network as much as you can. Don't sit and wait to get work, go out there and look for projects

Working at Sanlam is a very good move ever that one can ever made in his or her life, I strongly recommend others to look for jobs at Sanlam.

The management of some branches are in trouble when it comes to dealing with subodinates, I can say they needs a thorough training of the work enviroment on a monthly basis, by doing so they can be very effective in the management skill they are adere to

Make unrealistic promisses untill you start, then you get no support.

Very little support, unrealistic expectations, and pay staff vertually nothing for their effords.You go home with almost no money to support your family, working for a so called title.

Pros

Free training support

Cons

Not good enough pay to sustain a living.

Pockets of incredible people mixed up with some very unsupportive ones

Overall, I think it's a great company to work with, with a good reputation. Some of the processes defintely need to be revamped. Marketing needs to be more dynamic and in tune with current times. There is quite a bit of favouritism. Overall, compared to other key players in the industry, I do think that Sanlam does treat their staff fairly in most situations.

Pros

Company has a good reputation

Cons

Admin processes are very antiquated

Nice

So far so good & I'm enjoying it and intend working there for a long period. The stuff and management is. Friendly and supportive, the systems are very easy to understand and user friendly

Benefits

Laid back environment

You can learn something. Minimal support given from management. The working hours were not bad and the environment was laid back but minimal opportunities to grow.

So fun, interesting and helpfull at the same time. It also useful to other people who are job seekers. It will make anyone to who is interested to make a good choice whether he/she wants the job or not.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and inclusive workplace

Sanlam values their people. The HR leader and CEO really try to be inclusive and make you feel like a big part of the organisation. Much emphasis on the well being and mental health of employees.

Pros

Communication from senior managers, teamwork, CEO feedback, hybrid way of work.

Cons

Hard to grow in certain departments.

Good excersise

It's a great experience working for Sanlam. I have worked for the company before so for me its a second coming home of some sorts. The training you get when you start your career with the company is top of the range and helps equip you for the daunting task ahead.

Pros

Great training

Cons

You have to push yourself cant always depend on others to motivate you

Target driven job with lots of opportunities for growth

Sales focused opportunity, target driven job, client liaison job, flexible hour working environment. Continuous development programs for employee development

Pros

Free training provided

Cons

Targets

Productive and collaborating at first but challenging and competitive

Sanlam overall is great company with very underpaid staff especially the advisors running around the field bringing business to the company but less compensated. With that being said I had the worst experience with the team managers being biased and employing family members and obviously family comes first when it comes to support structers .

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive and fun place and helpful

More products Good customer service FINANCIAL advisory Easy marketing strategy Too such support regarding their employees Working with teams Respects towards each other Too friendly

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

8hr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanlam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance