Sanlam

Sanlam Employee Reviews

South Africa732 reviews
5,0
Sanlam (particularly, Sanlam Investment Group) is the place to work hard, be recognised and rewarded, with excellent incentive packages and a fun working environment. You'll get all the training you want, but be prepared to put the work behind it. If you need a coach or mentor, you'll get one. Lots of opportunity for career growth and relocation across the various groups and investment clusters, including the UK office. There is a strong focus on work/life balance, with a strong culture of athletes: swimmers, marathon runners, mountain bikers and more. A relatively flat, non-hierarchical structure compared to most corporates. The CEO has an open door policy and genuinely cares about his people - all of them - including the service staff. Very diverse in terms of culture, language, gender and ethnic groups. Very strong strong on transformation. Very progressive culture; real people; real values. Highly recommended as one of the top employers to work for.
Pros
Subsidized meals in a 4-star canteen, top coffee baristas, shops and pharmacy, work-life balance, non-hierarchical and warm culture.
Cons
Be prepared to work hard; not the place for slackers
5,0
The best corporate company to be part of, especially during these times, you look for sustainance & growth. Sanlam is a company that has been standing for many years.
3,0
1. Busy and professional environment.
2. Learned their way of working expectations and their systems.

3. Strong and ambitious management.

4. Friendly and helpful culture.

5. Dealing with difficult people.

6. Was very comfortable and enjoyed doing travel bookings and arranging private holiday bookings. Also enjoyed formatting reports and documents. And enjoyed the friendships.
Pros
Wonderful bosses
Cons
n/a
4,0
I had a wonderful manager always there to assist and teach us how to market and sell. How to handle difficult client as well as being professional in any manner
5,0
As an intern at Sanlam,I learnt so much about the insurance world and was treated as their own.I enjoyed helping clients and working with everyone at the office.I got to attend conferences which made me see how Sanlam operates.
5,0
Sanlam has taught me to be organised and focus at all the times , ive learned and adopted that respect must be my fisrt rule.im a go getter a determined person with mission and objectives of my vision
Pros
Lunch while you are busy prispecting
5,0
Excellent open communication. They are equipping the employees on self development and also psychological services through external sources to ensure that they cope with both personal and professional challenges.
5,0
The management and co-workers were very good gk deal with. Learned a lot and have an ecperiance of financial industry. And still willing to learn more.
4,0
The experience was amazing and financial growth, it is one of the best sales company and they pay good commission and have good benefits. I wish to work there again
Financial Planning

telephone skills

attention to detail

communication
5,0
I have no comments, I left their employment due to personal reasons. If given the opportunity I would like to work for the company. Sanlam is a great company to work for.
4,0
Typical work week on Mondays to Thursdays we go out looking for clients to sell insurance to, we make appointments with our clients and do presentations. Friday will be office day where we will have team meeting. Due to the environment I have been exposed to, I have learnt to work independently as well as in a team. As a result of working in a fast paced environment handling work pressure and work life balance has been easy.
Pros
Incetives
Cons
Unattainable targets
5,0
As I have said above that sanlam is the great company to work for. You work on own time and it is up to you if how much you wanna get paid, meaning you have to push yourself. The environment is amazing and the staff, managers and supervisors are so supportive and understanding the circumstances of being in the field that is not easy.
2,0
Since you as an advisor are paid in only commission, which means your remuneration structure solely remains on you and the people (admistrators) who process your business, and loyal clients who consistently pay their policies, it gets really frustrating when your overall administration is slow, as it affects the clients, which evidently affects your remuneration.
3,0
Enjoyed at first but with responsibilities I need a stable job with basic salary because one month you can earn R50000 and following month zero. Also with Covid 19 social distancing is going to be a challenge as our reps and sometimes us as managers we consult direct with clients. Have to get documents from them etc.
There are a lot of incentives performers
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commission based
1,0
I was paid R11000 for 4 years no increase when the advisor made her target she paid me my normal salary then the last three months working there because she has not made target first month R3000(I think), second month R5000 and the third month R6000 I was not a commission based Warner and felt that advisors of sanalm do as they please when they getting the high commission. The personal assistant are stressed how do we pay rent, lights and water buy food and see to kids and schools
4,0
An opportunity not to be missed, especially for those who are still young and want to build their wealth at an early stage. The benefits are world class.
5,0
I was a financial advisor and i was used to book for an appointment to come and do presentations at different State institutions. Also referrals by friends.
5,0
Sanlam is the best job because is where i got experince like how to interact with clients not only personal also by telephonically . Gave me the strength also to work under pressure.
5,0
Working in this company was a good thing because you go out and meet new people in order to make a business,and it teaches to handle different people n
Productive workplace
Job Security is guaranteed

Looks after their staff members

Diverse environment

Salary benefits are good

Great company to work for