Sanlam

Sanlam Employee Reviews

South Africa804 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

fun work place

back in the days it was the best but theres a lot of changes and not favourable to staff.commision only is not fair .so during covid you suffere a lot with no suport from the company.its not the best as it used to.

The workplace is fun and good, Management is good leadership. The staff is friendly and very easy to work with. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. perfomance is based on your teamwork. Good incentives offered.

Pros

good working hours

Cons

work start early

Good environment,good managers and also good commissions if you managed to meet your weekly targets you get incentives some managers will even give you money for petrol so that you can be able to keep on meeting your target

Pros

Free lunches

Dynamic work place

Work for comm. You determine your pay check... Great management, and services, systems support could still do with improvement. Team culture is cultivated.

It's a very good company to work for,as it gives you a chance to Tagle so many challenges s on your own

I've learnt to tagle or solve challenges on my own as I was working on the field by myself, I've gained confidence and it made it easy for me to approach clients and even making presentations.

Pros

You buy your own lunch

Cons

It's possible to work after hours depending on clients

Stressful and competitive workplace

My experience working as a financial advisor at Sanlam was stressful and competitive and yet the salary I received monthly wasn't enough for me to buy toiletries, groceries and sometimes to pay rent. The job required me to travel places, recruiting clients, however, based on the salary I received monthly I wasn't able to travel those locations.

Pros

Free lunches during training.

Exciting work place

Very exciting work you go places get to know different people and places. More experience in communicating skills and approaching people. You earn as you work. Good benefits and more

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Good company and pay well if educated and have necessary experience. Great company to work for. And also have intelligent people that you work with and staff must be able to fit into business culture.

Pros

Great place to work. Good people

Cons

Long hours in finance with deadlines

It's motivate and give you chance to grow with the company, I would gladly come back to the company

I worked for Sanlam and will go back again cause they teach you to be self-motivated, it's because of their short causes, I enjoyed being their consultant which is financial advisor, and give you chance, even if you don't have licence car or work you achieve it through working there

Pros

Free courses

Productive and fun workplace

I had such a great time working at Sanlam as a financial advisor. The job was stressful from time to time but I really enjoyed interacting with my clients and that for me was the most exciting part of my job. Meeting different people with different backgrounds.

Bad working environment, unprofetional management

i got retrenched because management couldnt do their work properly. No one wanted to listen to my side of story since management say they dont want to get involved

Pros

do as you wish

Cons

no profesionalizim

over worked

If you dont mind staying at the same position for 15 years than Sanlam is for you. You seen and never heard. Constantly reminded that you can be replaced.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

ridiculous targets

Fun and ptoductive

It was both fun and stressful, given the nature of the job. This has nothing to do with management. Overall I enjoyed every minute of my years I worked for sanlam. There was never a dull moment.

Very stressful for little money

They are introducing new ways of working while burning their employees out so many people are leaving. It really isnt a job for the faint hearted. Sanlam is like a walking mental institution people suffer in silence because they know they wont get heard. Very little money for all that work...

Great team

Great team to work with, if you work hard then you wont have issues,just be honest and work I regret leaving the company due to lockdown as i was retrenched

It is nice company to work for, the is a room for growth, you focus on a holistic financial planningThe hardest part is that you earn commission only

Pros

Growth and experience

Cons

Commission

Policy product and every working environment is the workplace

Working at Sanlam fun & productive also because you have reach your weekly target in order to to make easy to reach the monthly target of the company as well as for you to will incentive.

Fun place to workLeads help maintain businessFlexibility of working hoursAdministration supportGood managerial style usedGood commission structureFun social gatherings for networking

Pros

Socials

Cons

Commission run

The work is so challanging. Sanlam is introducing ways of working that hinders his own employees. And the company is not giving valid benefits

The standard of living is challanging and the petrol price is hiking every term yet the company is not creating incentives that will benefit the rep..

Productive and good working place because you get to interact with people

It was fun and I have gained a lot of experience working at sanlam. I get to meet people who were making a lot of money through sanlam. I enjoyed working with different people and I gained experience.

Productive and exciting

I'm looking forward to join the best financial institution to work for. The company is professionally operated.The staff is highly motivated and they help each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanlam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance