Santam logo
Santam
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Santam Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Security and good financial benefits

Stable secure environment to work in, however there is heavy workload and poor work-life balance. It’s also not easy to move around in the company.

All ok until you move

While everyone is working from home we had to relocate for the one in our household that is main bread winner. Although you can perform 99% of work from home and they close the big office they refuse relocation. Force resignation. No interest to help or accommodate. Short soghted management

Pros

Some bonuses

Cons

No flexibility

Productive and fun and family oriented company

You can grow in your career if u keen to learn and upskill yourself. Your progress is not held back by your manager, if u show willingness to learn and u have potential.

Pros

Constant learning

Cons

None I can think of

Perfect environment

It was a well established company with potential to grown and had alot of training so that one would understand what is required and have necessary skills to execute tasks given

Enjoy and love what I am doing. Gained more underwriting, self-management and team player skills.High Performance, Target-Driven, Customer-Orientated, Relationships Relationship Managers, Broker).

Got skills that I never had, great work ethics, fun people to work with and very helpful

Communication is key, asking for help is the best way to get things done. Understand what the client wants and creating good relationship with the client is good for business

It's okay

New staff not welcomed. There's a lot of good people there. There's also the old stuff with bullying tendencies. Pay is good so is the reward I. E. Bonus

It was great working at santam

Santam is a good company to work, their salary structure is good and the management team are always supportive and helpful at all times Santam has great benefits.

The experience has been good

It is a good company to work for. Provide a lot of training to up skill their employees. They are goal oriented company and support their employees...

Fun, productive and great experience

* 15min before logging in, we start our daily morning meeting. * Log in start capturing claims. * Management will follow up with any outstanding or pending claims captured by the team. * The workplace culture was very uplifting if one cav say or should I say lifly. * Hardest part of the day was battling to be at the top within the department with regards to targets. * Being at work!!!

Jobs at Santam

See more jobs

overal company looks good

There is room for improvement, i enjoy what I'm doing the company has got good benefits., it is an insurance giant.The company keeps up with the market.

Frame work

Ability to work under pressure.to work as a team and to respect others.to respect others cultures .contribution help.further success.think big about company.collecting excellence.inspire others

It was a fun work place and very priductive

This is a company that I would like to go back and work for it again, it felt like home. I gained alot of experience there I have a qualification because of them they invested a lot in me, I am forever greatful for once working for them.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overtime

very intriguing and funplace to work

learned to take on inbound and outbound calls, reaching of targets, setting up daily reports to submit to management. policy maintenance. the culture of Santam is very unique as all diverse ethnic groups are respected, hardest part of my job was not being able to take multiple tasks on due to it being a call center i would've love the opportunity to show my hard work ship, the people are very friendly and management is very reasonable with decision making, they are a fun loving family

Flexible and Productive environment

Santam has great management that puts the interests of their employees first. My manager has been accommodating and allow the QA staff to work from home provided we are productive and are able to avail ourselves as and when required to be in the office.( this is to accommodate staff under certain circumstances) We are still able to support the business and do coaching and calibration sessions on a weekly basis. There are Fun days that are held on a regular basis to ensure a fantastic and joyful vibe in the office.

Pros

Flexible, Fun work environment, Great team

Cons

No canteen in the building

workplace

Typical day at work receiving calls and sending emails. I have learnt how to treat customers and respect your colleagues no matter their status and gender.

Great cultures and values

Great company to work for. Demonstrates humanity towards each other. Management has an open door policy and staff support and respect each other. We treat each other like family.

Pros

Great added benefits awarded if you meet or over exceed target

Productive and great place to learn

8am-16:30pm Working with clients of different cultures and race this was for me a great place to work and the management is very caring for their employees .

Pros

Very Quite and Calm environment plus Job security

Cons

Language Barrier

Good company to work with

Santam has introduced flexi hours in most sites. A lot of overtime is being worked. Management are always not so compassionate to personal issues. The workplace culture is not so good at some sites as the people have strict targets and dont really get to be social after work as they are required to work overtime should the site need them. Good bonusses are always provided if you work hard and do what is expected from you.

Pros

Flexi Hours and Paid overtime

Cons

Plenty of overtime, no opportunities to grow

growth

there are a few flat structures , so growth can be sometimes limited and therefore this promoted me to leave . People are not bad to be hones, but career advancement matters the most to me

Fun place to work

The best place to work the company is amazing and offers great benefits for their staff, some managers may still be backwards and racist but overall I would'nt trade my santam for anything!

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long hours less pay
  • Santam