Santam logo

Santam Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,7Pay & Benefits

It was great working at santam

Santam is a good company to work, their salary structure is good and the management team are always supportive and helpful at all times Santam has great benefits.

It's okay

New staff not welcomed. There's a lot of good people there. There's also the old stuff with bullying tendencies. Pay is good so is the reward I. E. Bonus

overal company looks good

There is room for improvement, i enjoy what I'm doing the company has got good benefits., it is an insurance giant.The company keeps up with the market.

It was a fun work place and very priductive

This is a company that I would like to go back and work for it again, it felt like home. I gained alot of experience there I have a qualification because of them they invested a lot in me, I am forever greatful for once working for them.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overtime

Great cultures and values

Great company to work for. Demonstrates humanity towards each other. Management has an open door policy and staff support and respect each other. We treat each other like family.

Pros

Great added benefits awarded if you meet or over exceed target

Good company to work with

Santam has introduced flexi hours in most sites. A lot of overtime is being worked. Management are always not so compassionate to personal issues. The workplace culture is not so good at some sites as the people have strict targets and dont really get to be social after work as they are required to work overtime should the site need them. Good bonusses are always provided if you work hard and do what is expected from you.

Pros

Flexi Hours and Paid overtime

Cons

Plenty of overtime, no opportunities to grow

Fun place to work

The best place to work the company is amazing and offers great benefits for their staff, some managers may still be backwards and racist but overall I would'nt trade my santam for anything!

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long hours less pay

Learning experience

Very good company to work for, with a lot of benefits and learning opportunity. I've worked for 23 years for the Company and resigned because I got married.

fun Workplace

Santam is the best company to work for and i like their culture and how they conduct theemselves even the ethics are followed and I can also say I love they way everybody is living the Santam way

Pros

Flexibility and friendliness

Cons

Long Hours

Productivity,informative and fun

Loved working at Santam Great work environment Easy on travelling Management is good Co-workers helpful and informative Work very challenging Salary was great And the company offers great benefits when permanent.

Pros

Free lunches, great canteen

Cons

Software was slow

Jobs at Santam

See more jobs

Friendly staff

Friendly staff In the competitive industry of workers this company had one of the highest pay ranges and best benefits. Work/life balance was pretty flexible.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

great staff

Productive Challenging and Changing workplace

The day to day work, meeting targets on time, I have learned to be a strong team player, adapt to changes,to be assertive, to be open for learning opportunities Reporting to males can be hard, but i have mastered the art of being in a male dominating environment by being strong , i also built character, and communication skills My co-workers were caring, although i had to deal with politics based on race and salary differences The hardest part was working in a certain job grade, with more hours and responsibilities, yet a lesser salary The most enjoying part, was the opportunity i created for myself to grow and outsmart what i was doing o what i now can do

Pros

Free lunches when and Employee leaves, and sometimes you can leave a few minutes early, esp in crisis, leave was never a problem

Cons

long hours, less pay, Work Pressure

Large professional corporate

Santam is a large professional corporate with acceptable benefits and great bonusses if you perform. It is a company you can work for for an entire lifetime and they supoort individual growth and training.

Pros

great bonusses and acceptable salary offerings

Cons

company very large which might make you feel like a cog in wheel, just another number, Too strict on BEE policy, leading to unfair promotions and appointments and limiting growth opportunity for minorities.

Great company, Great people

Santam, Insurance Good And Proper is a great company to work for, in my current Position(WFM) i have learnt alot such as working on new systmes, attending different training sessions. The job does get Hectict at times and puts you under alot of pressure but i continue working well under pressure.

Pros

Free Lunch Sometimes

Cons

Short Lunch breaks

productive

Working at Santam was a great learning experience. I gained tremendous accounting knowledge and experience. Co-workers was very relaxed yet productive.

Pros

Good Benefits

Work from 8:00am till 4:30pm

Report , report and more reports. Learned to interact with brokers who are our client. Management has been supportive through out and we get recognition were its due. I work in a diverse environment with different cultures and backgrounds which make it more interesting. Not being able to balance to what the brokers is suppose to pay is really frustrating at time more especially when you have a short month and the last two weeks are the also the most hardest as premiums needs to be raised and allocated and no room for errors. Most enjoyable part is when you know you have done you work with no loose ends

Pros

Being able to have our monthly gatherings after close off

Cons

Now and then you have to put up extra hours to make sure everything is done on that certain month

good management

working for santam I have improved my Afrikaans as I was exposed to the language on a daily basis

Pros

over time available

Cons

short lunch

workflow

being a hard worker pays, ive recently been promoted to a seniour level

Cons

Fun workplace to work and very productive

Very productive and challenging at times. New ideas every day Management well structured Co-workers very helpfull and fun to be around them Hardest part of my job - been not be able to make that call as we need to referr most of the work

Pros

Free lunches and flexible time

Cons

none so far

Productive fun workplace

Great company, great benefits, promotion .....noA lot of pressure

Pros

great benefits

Cons

no promotions