Sappi

Sappi Employee Reviews

South Africa196 reviews

Lots of technical experience gained

Worked at Sappi Saiccor for 8yrs permanent and 2 years contract. I learnt a lot at Sappi work related and amongst other things. I had lots of support from most of my superiors however some never wanted to acknowledge my abilities and did not want to see me grow in the company. I learnt that as much as doing your job right the first time.can be the best thing, people at the workplace can be your biggest challenge. From the many things I learnt at Saiccor the one thing I wll not take is superiority complex. Those who groomed me groomed me well and those who frustrated me were left in the same position till retirement. Thank you Saiccor for teaching me quality workmanship and not settling for less.

Employees are well taken care of

Good experience thus far. You're well taken care of.A lot of opportunities to advance your career.There is just a lot of office politics and the office culture is bad

Pros

Professional development Discounted lunch Career advancements Management support

Cons

Lack of employee recognition Bad culture Resistance to change

Nice balance with work and productive and quarterly bonus is a added plus .

I must say It was a pleasure to work at Sappi Cape Kraft at the time learning my trade in all department as a student.The shift work was nice for me 4 days on and 4 days off.The human resource department was great with employers.The production incentive is a nice to have.My the great culture at Sappi Tugela continue for decades.

Pros

Nice team building events

Cons

Cold in winter nights at noodle plant

engineering is good environment for learning new thing

it was good day at work you working according to the instruction of the boss, and work is enjoyable .i learn lot there especially in the power generation and distribution and root cause analysis management was okay and applied the company polices and stick to the business philosophy.culture is very good and is diversity culture allow all staff to feel at home no one feel isolate or left outside the company .never feel hardest part all thing were fine relationship was okay

Pros

free meal ticket for after hour overtime

Cons

good training for staff relative to their career

Excellent co worker's

Enjoyed my work, learned a lot. Excellent experience and lots if training. Lots of opertunities to improve. Had many fun times and social interaction

Pros

Subsidised meals

Cons

Old factory and machines

Productive and a safe place to work in..

Sappi Saiccor is a respected Company in the area because it has employed people from around the area and pays them a fairly salary.My biggest wish is to work at Sappi Saiccor not on those construction companies within again.

Pros

Free lunch vouchers

Sappi is a good company to work and grow you r skill to a highest level, sappi encourage employees to upgrade their skills, and promote people. To a different field.

Pros

Get production bonus

Cons

Work weekends

Making smart decisions, executing with speed and prioritising safety

I admire their commitment to community and youth development. Also they value professional development (further studying). It’s a great company to work for

Pros

Giving back, ongoing professional development

Cons

Change management, baby boomers not wanting to adapt to new and innovative ways/technologies

Fun and productive

Good Company culture. If I could get a chance I would really appreciate to go back and work there. Fridays were very fun and the top management is good

Pros

Free lunches

Good environment to work with other employees

Dont go to work drunk Be on time coming to work Wear proper PPE Always make conversation with other employees Good job ethics Security is provided for employees safety

Pros

Be friendly

Cons

Always wear your PPE

Productive and fun to work there

It's a nice, easy and accomadative environment, friendly staff members and good management. Good development classes for growth. Good SAP system. Wellness being development programs are very effective. Looking after it's employees well. Great company to work for.

Pros

Nice finger lunches at events

Cons

Working under tremendous pressure sometimes

Progressive company

Progressive social and community development oriented company working on shared value principles. Best place to work for anyone who want to make a difference in the community

Pros

Growth and innovation oriented

productive and a fun place to work at.

i was working for 5 days a week excluding weekends and i have learned how to communicate with different types of people some of them with a different culture and i have learned to collaborate in order to achieve the same goal.The hardest part of the jobs was to be working while exposed to extremely hot UV-rays from the sun.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long hours of work

It's a great technical company

It is great for academic professionals. Those who want to further education are in a right company. There is an opportunity to utilize the work there for further education whilst practicing much of the undergraduate academic curricula . There is high level of ethics practiced there.

Pros

Fast-paced, interesting

Cons

Leadership

By the time I joined SAPPI in 28 June 1996 as Labourer at Recovery Section for almost a year,I've learn many things relating job and the team work.

The day I've a call from HR to tell me that I've been promoted to Chemical Laboratory to be a sampler. Within a year I've promoted again to QC as Paper Analyst. The time I've spent in QC is where I've learn a lot especially to deal with the quality of the final product and to make sure you meet the customer requirement. To communicate with other department. Building a team work in your work place and work as a team. Quality job is interesting and it needs to pay focus to meet customer requirements and is challenging on daily basis due to the technology of this time.

Pros

I can take free lunch but not to take out the confidential information for the company.

Cons

Yes I can work long hours sometimes to learn a new technology which can help the company.

Productive and Great Place to work

Great employer and work environment. The nature of work was very collaborative and competitive, the naturing of talent and building employees competences was always high on management's agenda and interest. The company thrived on high performance and qualitative delivery on set objectives. Employees value proposition has always been good with a variety of recreational activities for employees and family members. This made the Sappi a great place to work. I very thankful for my time with this great giant of the Pulp and Paper Industry.

I was a vacation student, I did administration work most of the time. This included mostly scanning piles of documents and sorting out service contract files.

It a great company to work on.

There are sections whereby you feel at home by the way they treat and approach you. It is a company that is well driven and and try by all means to do the job accordingly.

High Speed Production Line

The Southern Africa Pulp and Paper Industry (Sappi) is a diversified work environment. The work can be quite demanding especially during breakdowns and shuts. Sappi offers regular developmental training to equip the workforce with the required knowledge tool.

Pros

Good Training Facilities

Cons

Exposure to Industrial hazard

Good company to work for.

They do give some training if needed, depending on the job you doing.l am sure anyone who is interested in further stading, they can assist.l can still join them if I get a chance.

Target driven workplace

My honest review of the company is that it is fair on staff, job security is high and proper legal steps are taken in terms of discipline. I would comment that the shift worker can feel to be not a part of the fabric of the company though their role is crucial. Extra-curricular activities do not include the shift-worker as much as the day worker and one might end up feeling they are just a number in this big company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sappi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sappi