Sappi

Sappi Employee Reviews

South Africa188 reviews
4,0
Good Company culture. If I could get a chance I would really appreciate to go back and work there. Fridays were very fun and the top management is good
Pros
Free lunches
Dont go to work drunk
Be on time coming to work

Wear proper PPE

Always make conversation with other employees

Good job ethics

Security is provided for employees safety
Pros
Be friendly
Cons
Always wear your PPE
5,0
It's a nice, easy and accomadative environment, friendly staff members and good management.
Good development classes for growth.

Good SAP system.

Wellness being development programs are very effective.

Looking after it's employees well.

Great company to work for.
Pros
Nice finger lunches at events
Cons
Working under tremendous pressure sometimes
5,0
Progressive social and community development oriented company working on shared value principles. Best place to work for anyone who want to make a difference in the community
Pros
Growth and innovation oriented
5,0
i was working for 5 days a week excluding weekends and i have learned how to communicate with different types of people some of them with a different culture and i have learned to collaborate in order to achieve the same goal.The hardest part of the jobs was to be working while exposed to extremely hot UV-rays from the sun.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours of work
4,0
It is great for academic professionals. Those who want to further education are in a right company. There is an opportunity to utilize the work there for further education whilst practicing much of the undergraduate academic curricula . There is high level of ethics practiced there.
Pros
Fast-paced, interesting
Cons
Leadership
5,0
The day I've a call from HR to tell me that I've been promoted to Chemical Laboratory to be a sampler. Within a year I've promoted again to QC as Paper Analyst. The time I've spent in QC is where I've learn a lot especially to deal with the quality of the final product and to make sure you meet the customer requirement. To communicate with other department. Building a team work in your work place and work as a team. Quality job is interesting and it needs to pay focus to meet customer requirements and is challenging on daily basis due to the technology of this time.
Pros
I can take free lunch but not to take out the confidential information for the company.
Cons
Yes I can work long hours sometimes to learn a new technology which can help the company.
4,0
Great employer and work environment. The nature of work was very collaborative and competitive, the naturing of talent and building employees competences was always high on management's agenda and interest.

The company thrived on high performance and qualitative delivery on set objectives.

Employees value proposition has always been good with a variety of recreational activities for employees and family members. This made the Sappi a great place to work. I very thankful for my time with this great giant of the Pulp and Paper Industry.
2,0
I was a vacation student, I did administration work most of the time. This included mostly scanning piles of documents and sorting out service contract files.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sappi?
4,0
There are sections whereby you feel at home by the way they treat and approach you. It is a company that is well driven and and try by all means to do the job accordingly.
4,0
The Southern Africa Pulp and Paper Industry (Sappi) is a diversified work environment. The work can be quite demanding especially during breakdowns and shuts. Sappi offers regular developmental training to equip the workforce with the required knowledge tool.
Pros
Good Training Facilities
Cons
Exposure to Industrial hazard
5,0
They do give some training if needed, depending on the job you doing.l am sure anyone who is interested in further stading, they can assist.l can still join them if I get a chance.
3,0
My honest review of the company is that it is fair on staff, job security is high and proper legal steps are taken in terms of discipline.
I would comment that the shift worker can feel to be not a part of the fabric of the company though their role is crucial. Extra-curricular activities do not include the shift-worker as much as the day worker and one might end up feeling they are just a number in this big company.
4,0
Sappi management very clear on the direction of the company. Clear objectives and goals. Makes worklife very easy and support on decision making. Markets in my division been down for a couple of years and improvement seems very far down the line
5,0
An excellent company with great benefits. Policies and procedures are great. One thee best companies to work for. It's like a family orientated company.
4,0
I enjoyed my duration there and would go back if the chance was given.
I really gained alot of hands on experience on a number of Fitter tasks and objectives
5,0
I enjoyed practising what I was doing at college and learning more, different plants experience as well as meeting different people from different backgrounds. Learning the difference between maintenance artisan and manufacturing artisan the different traits of the two. It is a nice place to work in and the remuneration was and still is superb.
3,0
It's very hard to be recognized in the company, growth and development is not excised. You'll have to be very luck to be seen or given a promotion with the qualifications and work experience.
4,0
I have learnt the maintenance aspect of engineering and how important it is in the manufacturing industry. I have gained emotional intelligence by working with different people across a spectrum of cultures and workmanship. Challenges I have faced is integrating from the University environment into the working environment. I enjoyed mostly the handling of projects as it teaches you a lot of things about engineering and project management.
5,0
The company is very great with great opportunities and growth with regards to career wise and management system is great.I really had a productive year.
5,0
My experience working at SAPPI was that this is a company that allows for growth within the company as well as the group.

By applying yourself you can advance far up the ladder of success. They offer learning opportunities within a person's job scope.