SAPREF

SAPREF Employee Reviews

South Africa37 reviews
5,0
I am lady who works hard and pertient when im doing my work
I was given an opportunity by sapref to finish my NQF level skill and now I'm able to work by myself I leant more about safety during start u I know how to follow the procedure and I learned more about process safety fundamental rules
complex environment
Tough environment, fast pace, keeps you on your toes, health and safety standards are high, the level of engineering and experience acquired are at a high level.
3,0
Working at Sapref gave me a lot of experience, working as a team. Hard working with benefits. I gained a lot.
I strongly believe that to achieve success in life one has to believe and have faith in themselves. I am a strong, hard worker, who's destined to fulfill a bright future. I am able to work on own initiative and as part of the team goal orientated. I enjoy working working with people and can quickly adapt myself in any kind of working. environment
4,0
Safety is the most important
New experience for me as i havent done this type of work before. A wonderful company to work for. Good benefits. Management is very good and treatment of staff was good. Safety was the most important thing when on site.
4,0
I had a great time with Sapref
I enjoyed the experience and culture. It’s a very disciplined environment with alot of rules and regulations guiding everyone’s needs. Would definitely do it again if i could
5,0
SAPREF plays a critical role in the society
SAPREF plays a critical role in the society.
Being owned by two oil companies, opportunities to progress in one's career exist.

Work life balance is good.
5,0
Why training people and do not hire them
All I can say since I worked for sapref under electrical departments was very great experiences of my life but I got disappointed after training with sapref I was not offered a job. In away I felt like my years training was wasted because even today from2013 - 2019 I still can't find job as alectrician
4,0
Brother's keeper attitude and safe production.
The company provided away days/weekends for the employers to build team working spirit and to know one another outside work. We did field Behavioral Based Safey and Permit to Work audits to ensure Safey and also that the PTW system is followed. Procedures in place to execute work safely. Work is stopped when the work changes and new mitigation are put in place to prevent injury to people or damage to the equipment/environment. Safety is the number one priority.
Pros
Training they provide in the Company.
Cons
Long hours.
Petrochemical industry is interesting
I held various contract positions over a 9 year period - it was arewarding time as i got to learn a lot from the various dept's I worked - i even had depts fighting over me which made me feel very special and appreciated.
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive and condusive
A day in this company is typically busy yet you enjoy the time you spend with your colleagues. this is where i did my internship program and i believe that the opportunity i was granted by this company is crucial in my future Endeavours .

the company also takes time to assist employees unlock their potential by enforcing and implementing the succession plans, the HR team continuously ensure that managers at all levels adhere to this.
Productive and Strict
Healthy and Safety on site is so good and a very good company to work for. A lot of the time safety comes first ten carry out your job. Also good incentives working scheme
Pros
Saftey
Cons
Long Shift Hours
Challenging but Exciting Enviroment
SAPREF is defiantly a place to look forward to going to every day. Each day poses a new challenge which I love. The excitement of shutdowns and urgent request is what I enjoy and which is what keeps my day going.
I have learnt allot from managing task and delivering under pressure.

During the shutdowns I had the opportunity of having a team under me which gave me the management experience I needed. Great to know that we delivered a successful shutdown year in and out.

The people at SAPREF are amazing to work with and defiantly all very helpful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have satisfied all my customers at the end of the day meeting all the refinery demands.
Pros
The perks
Cons
The long hours during the Shutdowns
5,0
i am a hard worker . And i love working.
A typical day work
i've learned Manangement

the most enjoyable part is i got paid at time

i'm a hard worker

i can work up to 14 hours a day

i love working for my money even how hard is it

i can work overtime everyday if needed to do so
Pros
i don't have lunch time i work hard
Cons
12 hours a day
3,0
Very strict about safety
Sapref is a great place to work some people make it a worth while place while others not so much to grow in sapref depends on you and the opportunity is there
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very strict
5,0
High paying company and friendly environment
Company is very welcoming and friendly. Workload sometimes is too much for one person to handle and this results in safety and quality being compromised.
Pros
Free lunches, gifts, incentives
Cons
Short breaks, working on weekends, less promotions
Productive and fun workplace
My project undertaken involved the monitoring of Energy performance on a unit level. I learned about the different processes on the SAPREF plant as well as new computer software.
Productive and fun place
Sapref is good company but when if you working there you need to be vigilant,focused at all time because it is a dangerous place with dangerous chemicals that can kill you like H2S,LEL,CO nd Nitrogen,work safe is the only way,follow the rules and regulations,wear full ppe all the time.if you are not sure stop and ask.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Long hours if there is breakdown or shutdown
4,0
Extremely safety concious workplace (with good reason) good working environment.
I worked as a contractor for SAPREF, their offices are located in KZN and I'm based in Pretoria. I was allowed to work remotely from my House and do scheduled visits to the site.

It is a very interesting site, they have many rules and strict policies to ensure one's safety.

I get more done when working remotely (minimizing time travelling), and I enjoyed that a lot, but it comes with some challenges. Communication for example, you can not run over to check something quickly with the customer, most of the communication is telephonically or via email, sometimes you do not get a response on email.

But it also forces you to have your documentation in perfect order.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours / but fixed price contract.
Planned maintainance jobs execution
Planned jobs are given to us by the supervisors which they follow a plan on Pacer meaning the jobs that are loaded on the pacer system by the production team for job executions. When working on the instruments in the process area , work permit for that particular job has to be given to you by authorised permit issues , at Sapref safety is the number one priority. Instrumentation is not the simple because inorder for you to do the job you need to know the process in which the instrument is measuring once knowing that you can do the job whether its temperature, level , pressure , flow, challenging part is when you trip the plant which then upsets the other units in the refinery
Pros
safety gifts for achieving 1 million safe working hours with no injury to people on site
Cons
when refinery shutdowns
n/a
A very fast paced environment with deadlines. As an Instrument Mechanic I really enjoyed the logic side of my work and the challenges it created to work harder.
Pontuality
One thing i like the most at sapref was the habit to be pontual, and been keen to learn also helps to achieve such goals.
learning from the most experience guys we were working with made me be what i am today, open mind to face new challenges
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
1 horas