SAPREF

SAPREF Management reviews

South Africa37 reviews
4,0
Tough environment, fast pace, keeps you on your toes, health and safety standards are high, the level of engineering and experience acquired are at a high level.
4,0
New experience for me as i havent done this type of work before. A wonderful company to work for. Good benefits. Management is very good and treatment of staff was good. Safety was the most important thing when on site.
5,0
SAPREF is defiantly a place to look forward to going to every day. Each day poses a new challenge which I love. The excitement of shutdowns and urgent request is what I enjoy and which is what keeps my day going.
I have learnt allot from managing task and delivering under pressure.

During the shutdowns I had the opportunity of having a team under me which gave me the management experience I needed. Great to know that we delivered a successful shutdown year in and out.
The people at SAPREF are amazing to work with and defiantly all very helpful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have satisfied all my customers at the end of the day meeting all the refinery demands.
Pros
The perks
Cons
The long hours during the Shutdowns
4,0
Typical experience it was 2013 Sapref Refinery Turnaround Major shutdown.
:Learnings was to work as a team and sometimes to work independently.

:Management was to manange people to work safetly due to there were lot activity that were taken place and the time frame for the shutdown was planned to short .
:The hardest part of the job was to try to push service provide to finish the job but at the same time to work safety it was hard bcos u have to make standby jobs for three crews while doing different work at the same area and u have to manange them and co~ordinate them equal so that they work safety.

:The most enjoyable part of the job was when we start up the process and almost all part of refinery we start up safety according to the procedures that we given to Senior operate,Team leaders,and JUNIOR operators which we read and understood by all people who were involve in the shutting down,de~contamination and start up of process.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
working long hours
3,0
very hard work in a day
ive learned a lot about instrumentation

management was fair
my co workers were friendly
I enjoyed the people I worked with

the hard part was the culture
Pros
rewards when we has long man hours without injuries
Cons
stand by duties
3,0
When starting the day, i have to ensure that the QC's work packs are in place and that all safety documentation is appropriate for the current work at hand. Our morning meetings will revolve around the way forward for the day and our management team will direct our plan of action, However always allowing room for own initiative and pro-activeness. We have to work as a team in our environment which is fun and pleasurable.
Cons
long working hrs, excessive work load