Sasol

South Africa1 242 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 1 242 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 434 reviews

Respect andcustomer service

I know how to treat a customer with respect and how to promote a combo,again know very well about customer service.i can also work under high pressure

Opportunity to broaden your skillsets.

Some great people with brilliant skills in their field. Salary can be more competitive, benefits are good. Opportunity to grow in your career. Can become stressful at times.

Working same job but different salary.

The things I didn't like about Sasol, we work the same job but are salary are not the same. The planning is very poor, they need to improve in planning.

Great company to work for. Great opportunity for career growth too.

I had a great time working for the company. Good environment to work at. Very supportive and professional. My only reason for having left was due to relocation. I just wish they had tried harder to place me at the Nelspruit branch.

Pros

Career growth and other benefits

Cons

Expensive medical insurance.

Productive place

Personal protection equipment on a standard,working places safe also and good commication from the management and the payments receive on time and many more health and safety applied

productive and fun to work

Nice company to be and a beautiful working culture and the people there great, people come first in that company so as people's health. Overall great company.

Great place to do a learnership

I really think sasol is a good place to be a learner and get experience working in chemical plants, the learnership programme is three years but it is possible to not get a permanent position after the three years

A good company to work for

A good company to work for, I enjoyed working there, but the management is not consistent nor fair when dealing employees, certain policies are still reserved for black folks only. good positions are also reserved for Indians and whites, most black people are educated but are not afforded career growths.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

racist management, they behave like you are on their farm.

Great company. Excellent benefits

Sasol is a great company to work for. The benefits are excellent. Hours are good. Very diverse company. Can be stressful at times. Sometimes cannot finish work during normal working hours and unwillingness from management to approve overtime to complete work. Always threat of restructuring every few years

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Stressful at times Always a threat of restructuring

Very relaxed, friendly, and clean work environment

The problem is pay differences of people who do the same job. You get 1 Mechanical Fitter on 30K salary and another 55K. Most of those who are still on high salaries are beficiaries of the past regime. You will also get good but expensive medical aid.

Pros

Safety is a priority

Cons

Pay differences

Productive working environment

I've worked for Group HR as well as in the mines and the companies strategy towards safety is something I will always remember. Would love to return one day again.

Pros

Allowances are extremely competitive

Cons

Management at times

It well working conditions and working hours

Nothing hard it needs you and your hand everything is simple you're protected. You're getting your enough time for breakfast and extra you don't have to stress about working uniform you're getting it at sasol and you're allowed to walk with it home and you're not research about wearing it at home or how you miss use it at home

Pros

You have own lunch if you want

Cons

Short hours

Best employer

The best organization to work for, culture 10/10, taking care of employees 10/10, salary 10/10, career growth 8/10, studying further opportunity 9/10...Environment is not toxic at all.

Pros

Shares, savings options

Productive, high paced environment

A great company to work for, gross salary is great but the benefits are expensive (Medical Aid, Pension).Managements support will depend on your own manager.

Pros

Job security, career development, recognition.

Cons

High paced, lack of diversity & inclusion

I enjoyed to work in Sasol because when you're working in that company you gain more experience, they can teach you how can approach your boss and how to behave at work and they really care about employees, they do respect their Rights that what's I learn in that company I thank you

Pros

My own food

Cons

12 hours

The work was well but the culture was not good , there is culture of I have been working for Sasol and that what makes it difficult to work in the company. From the top management there is understanding but when comes to line managers is were the culture change

Glamorous from a distance

Starting salary was the worst I'd ever come across; very disappointing. Growth is not what was promised during interview. Retrenchments are a common practice; at least one every 7 years.

Cons

A lot of work at minimal pay.

Productive and very safety bound company

I worked very well with stuff and management of Sasol Durban Wax for just over 10 years. I can not say there was any friction between me and management. The only thing I can say is training and upgrading system needs to be thoroughly looked at.

Pros

I was enjoying seeing plant improvement from being mostly manual to being automated.

Cons

I was sad that we were not connected to the internet it was only the managers that were connected.

Productive and focus requiring environment

New experience every day, learning the importance of Safety, environment and production process. Personal health is also a priority. The company makes it its responsibility about our dependents.

Pros

General health awareness

Cons

Working with chemicals

Follow workers are very helpful and cooperative.

Sasol work environment is very informal. You can dress casual. Make sure you do your work every day and do self development as well. You must balance your work out everyday.

Pros

Work functions

Cons

You work overtime if you cant get through all your work.

Cachier

I had a great day at work.I've learned that a customer's always right and always have smile to ur customer.The hardest part was working at a cool room and cleaning the toilet.I was enjoying to work at a cashier, machendiser and bakery.

Pros

30 minutes lunch and 30 minutes tea time

Cons

Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasol. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 434 reviews

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,7 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Sasol
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?