Savino Del Bene

Savino Del Bene Employee Reviews

South Africa15 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Hardworking and fast pace

I enjoyed the ability to use my innovation and initiative to get the job done. I am disciplined in my application of my work and therefore also enjoyed the freedom of working with minimum supervision. I also enjoyed the learning experience.

They are not treating people equally

It was a good experience to work for Savino because I have learned to be patient and work in an challenging environment,because you work and study but there's no growth nor salary increase.

Pros

Education

Cons

No progress

Professional workplace

Working under pressure professional environment management is supportive Company has strong values Culture is diverse and well balanced I have gained a lot of experience in warehousing, logistics, bond stores, customs related matters I started at the bottom and worked myself up to middle management

Productive and fun environment

It was a very great environment, very fun and productive. I learnt a lot of things in a world of import and export thank you to the management and my superiors for the opportunity.

Pros

Free Training

Cons

8-9 hours

Fun workplace

It's very busy each and everyday, we normally work under pressure. As I was dealing with the express deliveries. All in all its a fun working place, stuff and managers don't have drama. I've learned lot of things in my time there_ accountability, integrity, teamwork.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Normal hours

High Pressure yet Rewarding Environment

The work environment was busy/stressful yet delightful. Each day we were exposed to a new division within the company that entailed new staff. I had learnt a lot with regards to what each respective logistical position entailed. I had also realised that this industry is extremely busy and thus, stressful as it was very demanding from an individual. This accounted for the most difficult part of the job. It was demanding in the sense of requiring a lot of time and effort for one to succeed at their job, even if that meant working on weekends or late nights to meet customer deadlines. This was the most difficult part of the job. The work culture was lovely though. I was able to relate to others quickly and thus, developed quite a few connections over this time period. Management was proactive by constantly being hands-on and engaging with their fellow staff. This was great to see as I want to have good mentors that will guide me as to how I can be an effective team-player and leader within an organisation by adding value to the respective organisation. I loved interacting with others and getting to know them better on both a professional as well as personal level. I encourage trying to work for Savino Del Bene (Pty) Ltd. as they are a great company!

Pros

Flexible work structure that allowed for emergencies and had a friendly work environment

Cons

Long hours that were demanding of one's personal time

great working space

great company to work for , people are easy going , management was good .the place was good .the hardest part was the understanding from management wasn't always the easiest but it was really a nice place to work at .

Pros

easy hours

Cons

expectations could have been more negotiable ?

Very good working environment .

My working career was a very good one they gave me the opportunity to grow and learn a lot.it was a great pleasure to have worked for a company that looks after there staff.

Pros

Great company

Cons

Normal working hours

learning and productive

Ive learned that it is important to work together as a team in order to deliver a good service to your client and that attitude plays a big role towards your job,every one is important in the team it does matter what tittle he or she is in but we need each other. Our management is good ,they assist us all the time and appreciate when we have perfomed very well. They jump in everytime when we are short stuffed They provide trianing when necessary, They provide support The most challenging part of my work is that theres always pressure to meet deadline and submission of documents before due date The most enjoyable part is the relationship that i have built with internal and external clients and our constant communication daily

Pros

Apraisals

Cons

no salary increase

professional, self learning

i have learned inco terms, requesting and negotiating of rates for import and export quotes. i have learned to compile calculate quotes and communication with clients for imports and exports. i have learned documentation and admin required for export processes. i have built relationships with local and abroad team members. co workers have been supportive. hardest part of the job was to adjust form admin only duties to financial responsibilities. i enjoyed the challenge of being in a totally new field

Pros

salary

Cons

contract based position

Lots of productivity and giving a service to my internal clients

My day was all about coming in and seeing what requests have been made for filing. collecting at each persons desk files that need to be captured back into the system and registering them back on the system and filing them back to where they belong. I also registered newly opened files. it was fun

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Was not paying me well

Productive and respect in the workplace

I learned more about the importer/client's side when it comes to Customs issues. People are friendly and fair. There is lots of respect amongst the people.

Pros

Gym

Cons

Too far from my home

Serious work environment

Typical day will be training then work, assessments then buddy up. I have learnt a lot about shipments of different types of cargos. Management was ok. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was working and writting continues assessments and working at the same time. Enjoyable part was working with people that had confidence in you and your ability.

Pros

Free outings and year end functions.

Cons

No room for growth.

great work culture

Savino Del Bene is strong family owed company which I enjoy working at. The CEO and CFO are married and are great people to work for. Their focus is strong on the customer base. My co-workers are have been working here for a minimum of 10 years, very knowledgeable hard working people. The hardest part of my job is executing marketing plans due to the MD not having a great idea of “new age marketing” (his idea of marketing is a sales rep out on the road) the most enjoyable part is partaking in trade show, and logistics events.

Pros

great working culture

Cons

no understandng of marketing

Always changing

The company restructures departments often, when I was employed there, we had a fantastic team, we worked had and played hard. we worked well together, all our deadlines were met and standard of work was excellent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savino Del Bene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance