SBV Services
3,6 out of 5 stars.

SBV Services Culture reviews

I was transferred to SBV SERVICES DUE TO restructuring at Absa bank. SEC 197. The culture was different and had to adapt and coach staff to build synergy. The work is mainly outbound and there close monitoring of company time and assets had to be a focus. Delivering exellent client service was a key objective.
Learned about Customer service, Telephone etiquette, Team Leading. learned to be a hard and independent worker. you learn to be active and on how to be proactive. Management always send staff members to do refresher courses on How to handle pressure, a stressful work situation.
Good company culture and benefits. Management very good and challenges its employees to grow in their careers and as an individual. My boss was such a motivator
Due to the industry they operate in, the work/life balance is demanding but job security, salary and benefits are rewarding. Job Culture and Management is changing to a corporate atmosphere due to the growth of the company.
the work is very challanging and educational to meet deadline is what i learned the very hands on to everything very fun place to work in. nothing system
Good working environment,and culture Good Management Structure and professional attitude to staff Industry leaders, in cash in transit, gained experience in managing a large fleet.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Salary
It was good and fun as well as we were having soccer teams and I was part of A team. It was a risky job to move around with cash. Management was good
Pros
free luanch
Cons
very long hours
Once you work at SBV, you are part of a big family!!! It is an awesome company to work for.... They look well after their staff and will always try and assist where needed. A typical day in HR was chaos. It was extremely busy with loads of interviews to do.
Pros
Colleagues are like family
Cons
Too much work
it is challenging to work for SBV. i learned to be independent the management is fair and approachable Taking about money with other clients is hard for them to open up. the remuneration is good and training sessions are of good standard.
It is one of the best companies i have worked for. I have learned to work as a team, respect team members . to stop team member if he do something wrong. I have worked under two Managers , it was easy to communicate with them they were leaders not Bosses. I did not experience any difficulties in my job maybe it because i loved my job. I missed to chat with my ex collegues , we used to sit together if we standby eat together even different teams
Pros
Lunch together
The weekly report prepared after each audit had to be professional because there is no room for errors. The culture there was mostly professional not so much fun activities within the team, the management kept a close eye on the audits done, including unexpected visits to the site I am auditing at, the hardest part was that I can bee gone for 2 weeks without going home because what's important was to finish the audit and then everything else follows. the travelling was great as it was all expenses paid including accomodation
Pros
The travelling was great
Cons
contract basis
I learned to work in a group and managed to get people to stick by deadlines. I had 3 people reporting to me and get along with everyone. I mostly enjoyed working with the employees.
Pros
Manage people
Cons
People are not deadline driven
A normal day at work is getting all the working tools in one place and start with the counting of bulk cash. i have learned how the banks count and safe keep the cash. My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was when the transactions don't balance at the end of the day and you have to recount the daily takings again. The most enjoyable part was when you balance your transactions without any hassles.Out
Pros
Staff outings on fridays
Cons
transactions not balancing
Manage processing Mission directed workteams Lean management Multiskilling Changing culture Achieve target profit
Pros
icentive schemes
Cons
Extremely busy environment; I have learnt allot about the banking and cash in transit business; Initial management was brilliant. Co-workers are wonderful; The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that I worked with.
Pros
Growing industry
Cons
Constant management change
I enjoy working every day especially night shift , I learned that teamwork and following procedure can protect you from making mistakes from the job you will be doing , management is the best my hod listen to us if we have problems he solves them my co-workers are the best we enjoy working together and even though we sometime have our differences at the end of the day they will be sorted , the hardest past is when we have to work under pressure to reach monthly target and the most enjoyable job is wen we receive awards, go for trainings, year end functions . I enjoy working there
Pros
free lunch once in a while
Cons
long hours only on busy period especially festive season and goodfridays
Sbv is so far a great company that i have worked for. Everyday at work is challenging, and i have learned alot about discipline, time management, accuracy and how to work under pressure. i have learned how to work both as a team and an individual. The management is goal driven and always strives to push other employees to reach their goals.The hardest part about my job is the deadlines which always put one under pressure. The most enjoyable part about my job is the working friendly environment that i work under. My colleagues and managers are friendly and very supportive.
A typical day at SBV would be a day filled with work. A day that will been very productive and will be pushing the workload out .I have learned to work will under pressure and learned to push myself ,as will as my co workers because we were a TEAM.
Pros
half day for productivity
Cons
long hours if we have not met only target
Everyday is the same not challenging.Ive learned to focus and be very accurate.Management need some management skills training.Co workers are hard workers.The most enjoyable part of my job is to work as Admin clerk whereby I was communicating direct with the clients.Helping them with their enquiries.
Pros
na
Cons
normal hours