SBV Services
3,6 out of 5 stars.

SBV Services Employee Reviews

I used to work as a cash processors in note sorting department , it is always hectic and a busy day everyday , especially on the 15th and month ends , those are the times we had to put our hard work and team work together because we usually had to work overtime because of the workload . But we still had fun while working .
Pros
We always tea time in the morning
Cons
We worked long hours sometimes but we always stick to our time which is 9hours because of team work
We order money which needs to be delivered to the banks. WE received any surplus money from the banks to be checked by our department and then sent to another department. I have learned the processing of cash to and from the banks and the different departments.
Experiencing of new challenges in this field every day as we meet deferent people and associations every day were you will find that some of the safety procedures required for that specific task you have never utilized before. sometimes you need to do damage control for thing you don't even know about.
Pros
perfomance insentives
Cons
14 or more hours a day
Extremely busy environment; I have learnt allot about the banking and cash in transit business; Initial management was brilliant. Co-workers are wonderful; The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that I worked with.
Pros
Growing industry
Cons
Constant management change
I normally start the day according to the schedules for the day by doing firearm, ammunition and vehicle inspections. I get all the necessary equipment, depending on my tasks for the day. Most of my work is where I am physical active on the shooting range teaching students and current employees the basic skills. It gives me great satisfaction to get a student or member on a required level in various methodologies as people differ from each other. I need to liaise with all the departements to plan the next day's/week's work load.
Pros
Medical aid, pension fund, 13'th check
Cons
Long hours and unpleasant weather conditions while on shooting range
There is always something intresting or surprising happening at work and its really something to look forward to. I have learned alot in my time working at SBV,gained loads of experience for future preverances. Management were almost like a small family to me. When you have a problem they there for you or whatever matter they always there to listen or to give a helping hand. My co-workers were probably the most entertaining bunch of people I know,funny,hilarious etc. The hardest part of my job were probably the parts where I had to learn new things but after a day or two im settled. Evryday were enjoyable at work because Im working with money aswell as foreign exchange money which makes my working invironment quite exciting.
Pros
Incentive bonusses
Cons
long hours during season time
My work it's challenging everyday i managed the daily cashflow ,need to make sure that our suppliers are paid on time check the bank staement that is not on overdraft manage debit entries and deposit entries on the bank statement and query unknown deposit,pay attention on details as well as accuracy as i work with cash manage the petty cash float of R10 000.00
Pros
1Hour lunc
Cons
Normal hours
Carefulness and Confidentiality as we were working with large amount of money, sometimes no lunch. I learned to handle pressure and handle large amount of money and meet clients requirements on time. I learned to still work carefully even when pressured and meet targets. I learned to work on my own and also work in a team to produce good results. The hardest part of the job is the pressure it comes with as more time is spend at work and sometimes day offs are difficult to have but that build me to become a strong person to handle pressure. being the first person to receive new notes and learn more about new money before the public receives it
Pros
Medical aid Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
I will prepare all my balancing sheets for the day. Receive, check and sign in the money coming from treasury for sorting. Handout the notes to the note sorters. Checking of any shortages and in the case of large amounts body searches will be done. Spot checking on printouts labels and quality of notes. Competing of daily shortages/surpluses and CV's and balancing your book against your daily takings. Balancing you daily takings, checking and handing back to treasury. When the Head of the Department is absent I'll stand in taking over the control of the note sorting department and that entitles ordering and controlling the money coming in and out of note sorting. Supervising the capturing of the labels and CV's as well as doing a summary of the daily takings of the supervisors. Doing the security camera check where large shortages occurred and writing reports on my findings.
Pros
SBV is a company which can offer you a stable opportunity for the future.
The best Job ever, Get to work and start working numbers,numbers, numbers... ive learned the basics of banking, being a teller. manangement very very good always about the people. co-workers was not to be paired with during working hours to avoid theft and misshaps. hardest part of the job was balancing the Vault. Everything i enjoyed to the fullest as i was best in wat i do on adaily basis.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I enjoy working every day especially night shift , I learned that teamwork and following procedure can protect you from making mistakes from the job you will be doing , management is the best my hod listen to us if we have problems he solves them my co-workers are the best we enjoy working together and even though we sometime have our differences at the end of the day they will be sorted , the hardest past is when we have to work under pressure to reach monthly target and the most enjoyable job is wen we receive awards, go for trainings, year end functions . I enjoy working there
Pros
free lunch once in a while
Cons
long hours only on busy period especially festive season and goodfridays
Sbv is so far a great company that i have worked for. Everyday at work is challenging, and i have learned alot about discipline, time management, accuracy and how to work under pressure. i have learned how to work both as a team and an individual. The management is goal driven and always strives to push other employees to reach their goals.The hardest part about my job is the deadlines which always put one under pressure. The most enjoyable part about my job is the working friendly environment that i work under. My colleagues and managers are friendly and very supportive.
From the onset that I get to work till the last minute before I go home, I am constantly busy either with time managment Kronos time and attendance, recruitment selections or any normal day to day HR function. The managment team is great to work with, but the growth and development and work, life imbalance in the company and very poor salaries is a very negative aspect and hard to keep staff and one self motivated at times.
Pros
wonderfull managment team to work with, never a dull moment!!!!!
Cons
work, life imbalance and poor growth and remuneration structures.
It is a challenging atmosphere that requires a lot of team work and attention.
Cons
long hours and hire risk environment
To cooperate with team members. Knowing that my action have a impact on the task given to complete. Being motiveted and have understanding of company procedures. Working on a high risk job is hard cause u are always on alert, u dont have a couple of minutes to relax and have fun.
Cons
A typical day at SBV would be a day filled with work. A day that will been very productive and will be pushing the workload out .I have learned to work will under pressure and learned to push myself ,as will as my co workers because we were a TEAM.
Pros
half day for productivity
Cons
long hours if we have not met only target
Everyday is the same not challenging.Ive learned to focus and be very accurate.Management need some management skills training.Co workers are hard workers.The most enjoyable part of my job is to work as Admin clerk whereby I was communicating direct with the clients.Helping them with their enquiries.
Pros
na
Cons
normal hours
Has to pay attention to details as you are working with other peoples" cash.Has to balance cash at the end of the day.Counting money in bulk and has to look out for forgery and dye stained notes and mix notes.Follows procedures .I have learnt to work and manage as teams.Meeting deadlines during our busiest periods.The hardest part of the job is finishing late hours.The workload is tiring and exhausting.The most enoyable part of the job is receiving incentives for productivity.
Pros
incentives for productity