Schneider Electric

South Africa35 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 4 820 reviews

Excellent

Schneider Electric company is one of the best companies in South Africa, School Assistance 100% is provided, they make you aren't hungry they provide you with lunch allowance, transportation if you working overtime

Very productive work place

Schneider electric has been a good working place and a good paying company I ever worked. I still wish I can go back and work with them if they have budget. The Managers and all schneider employees are good people to work with, well spoken, problem solving, skilled and team dynamic.

Pros

Free lunches were to be served

Cons

8 hours working day

Productive, not so fun anymore

When I first started it used to be fun to work for Schneider I felt like I really mattered as an employee. With the current state in economy, alot of things were removed with good reason to keep heads rather than retrench staff.

It is note fun working here,We are working since we need to support our farmilies

Schneider Electric,is a great company but management in South Africa makes it difficult to enjoy your work, the processes are not up to standard as compared to Schneider global,Yes we have excellent products but it is not good to work here anymore The inequality here is worse,in terms of salaries and position.

Excellent

Schneider Electric was a great company to work for, I enjoyed my time their. They have a very fast paced environment. People are very friendly and always willing to help. My manager was very understanding and reliable always willing to lend a listening ear.

Great fun place

This is a great Company to work for that has a very collaborative environment that embraces diversity and inclusion. huge scope for development and job opportunities across the globe.

Great place to build relationships with clients and see positive change. The people that work there are very dedicated and fun. The hardest part of the job was obtaining the desired outcomes. Unless you are a part of management, there really is no job security because the programs are funded mostly by federal grants. They lose the grants, you lose your job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Having to ask them to give you work when they know you came here for experience

N/a

N/A Good Company, excellent training opportunities. Nice Global opportunities. MNC so a matrix structure is present. Agility and Flexibility is required.

Productive and fun work place

Team structure: It is balanced and organised. Team work: The teams were organised but there was still a room for improvement. Products were quality orientated.

Pros

13th cheque

Cons

Instubillity

Production engineering

Working together with Schneider electric help make with gaining experience and knowledge and doing different kind of jobs and understanding of winder upgrade and installation and maintenance of Electrical

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours but its fine

Electrical products

Worked in Projects and services department for a very dynamic manager. Projects at the time was in mining, automotive and food and beverage. Enjoyed my time there

Nice family culture to work in

Whilst at this company, I traveled to a lot of places within such a short of time. I was also able to launch various projects within the SADAC region.Unfortunately, their lead time was too long for the products I was managing and the access to energy campaign didn't really take off as it was expected.

Pros

Global company with qualitative products

Cons

Lack of support from local management when it comes to access to enegy

Productive and Enjoyable

A typical day for me at SESA starts from 8am to 16:30. I work at a very busy environment, where I am between chasing deadlines, getting stock and running up and down between the stores and my desk. It can get very busy, but I love what I do. I believe management is not what it should be and I am not please with it, but regardless I am obedient and do follow instructions well. The workplace culture is amazing, I am situated at the workshop and work with amazing workshop people that are hard workers and very friendly. There are challenges that go with my job, that is what makes it interesting, and I honestly feel like I need new challenges. I enjoy everything that has to do with my job

Pros

Independance

Productive and fun workplace

A typical workday, includes accounts reconciliation, capturing of invoices and following up on supplier queries and age analysis. The company gave me exposure to Foreign creditors and accounting functions outside my job scope. The workplace culture was unique and fun. The hardest part of the job was getting other departments, especially logistics to adhere to finance procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to attend Reserve bank seminars on compliance with regards to imports and export reporting.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Year end closing

Work

Typical day at work will be sorting queries and dealing with customers. Mostly I deal with the Return goods Credits, loading of discounts and general problem solving situations. We have a diverse culture here at Schneider and work as a team when the job needs to get done. The team effort makes the hard work worth it at the end of the day.

High performance

Very high performance and multi cultural environment. Best practices and LEAN SIX Sigma was a part of everyday life. Good environment to learn and develop.

High Performance Company

Interesting and exciting. Always learning new projects you never stop learning open door policy flexible and high performance organisation working with different people from all levels

Graveyard effect

most demotivating work environment draining of energy once you enter the work space no team spirit unchallenging unfriendly and unhelpful employees

Pros

nothing

Cons

unhappy overall environment

Good

Schneider Electric is a good company to work for.Gaining a lot of experience in Meduim and low voltage Circuit Breakers.Also learned how to interact and communicate with different people due to mostly working at different companies.

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Work outside RSA

Extremely happy and friendly environment.

Checking bank statements every day with application of payments. Management approachable and helpful, Co-workers a fantastic group. Dealing with difficult clients. Achieving my goals every day.

Pros

Getting together with co-workers on team building activities

Big exposure

International company Travel Opportunities Team working Learned how to manage a large budget & ROI monitoring Full IMC coverage (integrated marketing solutions) Understanding Public Relations in Industrial space

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Additional development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 4 820 reviews