Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews
Excellent
Schneider Electric company is one of the best companies in South Africa, School Assistance 100% is provided, they make you aren't hungry they provide you with lunch allowance, transportation if you working overtime
3,0
Productive, not so fun anymore
When I first started it used to be fun to work for Schneider
I felt like I really mattered as an employee.

With the current state in economy, alot of things were removed with good reason to keep heads rather than retrench staff.
3,0
It is note fun working here,We are working since we need to support our farmilies
Schneider Electric,is a great company but management in South Africa makes it difficult to enjoy your work, the processes are not up to standard as compared to Schneider global,Yes we have excellent products but it is not good to work here anymore

The inequality here is worse,in terms of salaries and position.
Great fun place
This is a great Company to work for that has a very collaborative environment that embraces diversity and inclusion. huge scope for development and job opportunities across the globe.
2,0
Great place to build relationships with clients and see positive change. The people that work there are very dedicated and fun. The hardest part of the job was obtaining the desired outcomes. Unless you are a part of management, there really is no job security because the programs are funded mostly by federal grants. They lose the grants, you lose your job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Having to ask them to give you work when they know you came here for experience
N/a
N/A

Good Company, excellent training opportunities. Nice Global opportunities. MNC so a matrix structure is present. Agility and Flexibility is required.
Production engineering
Working together with Schneider electric help make with gaining experience and knowledge and doing different kind of jobs and understanding of winder upgrade and installation and maintenance of Electrical
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours but its fine
Electrical products
Worked in Projects and services department for a very dynamic manager. Projects at the time was in mining, automotive and food and beverage. Enjoyed my time there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schneider Electric?
3,0
Nice family culture to work in
Whilst at this company, I traveled to a lot of places within such a short of time. I was also able to launch various projects within the SADAC region.Unfortunately, their lead time was too long for the products I was managing and the access to energy campaign didn't really take off as it was expected.
Pros
Global company with qualitative products
Cons
Lack of support from local management when it comes to access to enegy
Productive and Enjoyable
A typical day for me at SESA starts from 8am to 16:30.
I work at a very busy environment, where I am between chasing deadlines, getting stock and running up and down between the stores and my desk. It can get very busy, but I love what I do.

I believe management is not what it should be and I am not please with it, but regardless I am obedient and do follow instructions well.

The workplace culture is amazing, I am situated at the workshop and work with amazing workshop people that are hard workers and very friendly.

There are challenges that go with my job, that is what makes it interesting, and I honestly feel like I need new challenges. I enjoy everything that has to do with my job
Pros
Independance
Productive and fun workplace
A typical workday, includes accounts reconciliation, capturing of invoices and following up on supplier queries and age analysis.

The company gave me exposure to Foreign creditors and accounting functions outside my job scope.

The workplace culture was unique and fun.

The hardest part of the job was getting other departments, especially logistics to adhere to finance procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to attend Reserve bank seminars on compliance with regards to imports and export reporting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Year end closing
Work
Typical day at work will be sorting queries and dealing with customers. Mostly I deal with the Return goods Credits, loading of discounts and general problem solving situations. We have a diverse culture here at Schneider and work as a team when the job needs to get done. The team effort makes the hard work worth it at the end of the day.
High performance
Very high performance and multi cultural environment. Best practices and LEAN SIX Sigma was a part of everyday life. Good environment to learn and develop.
High Performance Company
Interesting and exciting. Always learning new projects
you never stop learning

open door policy

flexible and high performance organisation

working with different people from all levels
2,0
Graveyard effect
most demotivating work environment
draining of energy once you enter the work space

no team spirit

unchallenging

unfriendly and unhelpful employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
unhappy overall environment
3,0
Good
Schneider Electric is a good company to work for.Gaining a lot of experience in Meduim and low voltage Circuit Breakers.Also learned how to interact and communicate with different people due to mostly working at different companies.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Work outside RSA
5,0
Extremely happy and friendly environment.
Checking bank statements every day with application of payments.
Management approachable and helpful,

Co-workers a fantastic group.

Dealing with difficult clients.

Achieving my goals every day.
Pros
Getting together with co-workers on team building activities
Big exposure
International company
Travel Opportunities

Team working

Learned how to manage a large budget & ROI monitoring

Full IMC coverage (integrated marketing solutions)

Understanding Public Relations in Industrial space
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Additional development
4,0
Every day is a new challenge,work with different people at different companies,gain alot of experience in MV switchgear
4,0
I really enoy what I do and just would like to take it to another level or different area and grow more.
I work very hard and in most cases I work till late to make sure I ran all the reports and the job is done for the day.I have learnt a lot as I have worked in all the departments stating by Receiving,Picking and Packing and Despatch.I have a very good relationships with my co-workers and learnt a lot from them as well.The hardest part of the job is when I have to work very late due to workload and finding my kids sleeping.But I always make sure I give myself time to spend with them.The most enjoyable part of the work is when I receive complements from my manager saying the cusomers are happy.Then I know that it is the effort that I put for the stock to release and get to the customer on time and I know that the on time delivery(OTDS and OTDC) will be 96%.
Pros
We do have braai's when we did well just to thank the staff.
Cons
Long hours that we work can only be until 20:00 at night and weekends.
Very productive
Schneider was a very good company to work for i was hopping their would give me a permanent position after my two year contract expired.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Weekends over time