SEA HARVEST

SEA HARVEST Employee Reviews

Good exposure ; OPEN AND HONEST culture Hardest is having to keep up with short deadlines which make it exciting most enjoyable is that there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Energetic executive team
Cons
non-flexible work hours
Nice to have consistency and management engagement is also part of improving production performance.Newbies could struggle with the machine maintenance and settings for quality circumstances which could lead to unnecessary downtime.the enjoyable part is been a master of production machinery.
Nice to work as a team Learn how to pack fish ,learn how to cut fish Time management will conduct on work Nice to work with different cultures, we learn each other our language day by day Working sort hours we enjoy it because of we like at December holidays to be on beach time
Work hard play hard, Lots of laughter, fun team buildings and they go all out to make special days memorable. Good workplace culture.Learnt lots to be able to take with me.
Sea Harvest has a very good working environment and robust quality and food safety system. I've leaned a lot from the company and is willing to develop people. Financial stable company
Pros
Recognition, Heros of the Sea with vouchers
Cons
9 hours
I had the opportunity to go work for Sea Harvest in 2002. I started off as a Fish Worker and in 20011 become a production supervisor. Now holding a certificate in generic mamagement
Pros
medical aid
Cons
allowances
I'm a good work I'm currently buinesss doing a great job a retail jobs It was great to work for sea heavest but I'm only work there for December holiday
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A place where my colleague will be honest and focused on what we are doing as a group.That every knows that when it comes to work we are prepared to finish our job for the day perfectly.
Pros
A break when needed
Cons
Clock in and operate machine until going home. Lunches and breaks in between. I've learned to operate machinery. Management is very much involved and hands on.Very diverse setup. The hardest part was getting promoted. I enjoyed working with friends.
Pros
Trust from managers
Cons
N/a
If jobs were not this scarce I wouldn't be still working there.It's cold hard working and they don't appreciate people's hard work in terms of bonuses
Pros
1hr lunch 20min tea break
Cons
Work 9 hours
Working in a Maintenance environment where sustainability is the main focus and how I live the key pillars of active management behavior. Exposed to different management control systems.
Pros
Home is Nearby
Cons
No overtime allowed for interns
Sea Harvest has racist employment policy's towards prospective permanent white employees. I would not recommend 'sea harvest' to any person who is looking for employment.
Pros
Nil.
Cons
Basically all aspects of the work environment.
The realization of the importance of hygiene and safety was something that I learned not to take them lightly. When we deal with food, it is of utmost importance to deliver a high service to your community.
Pros
Development of Hygienic instinct
Cons
Poor management
I just injoyed the team i work with and the way we work together as a team also love the order of the ship/vessel i like the managers the they work with as
Pros
spilos
Cons
Very nice place to work at. Very relaxed culture. Salaries was lacking a bit. High level of job satisfaction. Excellent work life balance. Inclusive style of management
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Salary
Great company to gain experience,I learn punctuality ,consistency is key .I learn that you should always do the best of your ability to deliver a good job
i learned that punctuality is key and accuracy ,consistency and hard word and dedication to what you deliver to customers is very. important.The experience of five years working at Sea Harvest company has thought me to do the best of your ability to deliver a good job .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weekend works without bieng request
Very hard day everyday. I've learned that you can't trust anyone there. Management are two faced. the co-worker is good.The hardest part is to work when absenttism is sky high. Most enjoyable part of the job is when the two faced secton leader at our department is on sick leave.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Weekends work
A typical day at work is comprised of food preparations according to the weather forecast. I've learned the different types of fish and how to prepare it. I have no confidence or trust in the management. In my opinion, they show no consideration to any personal problem e.g. When a loved one dies they do not notify you. If your salary is inaccurate, you are required to sort it out yourself and no one takes the blame. The hardest part of the job is to satisfy every crew members cultural needs, regarding food preferences. Also, the weather and inadequate equipment can be a hindrance to the preparation of the food. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get a smile and gratitude and to return to my family after a long journey.
Pros
Cons
Inconsiderate management
A typical day at work will be filled with lots of new and exciting things to learn and also to get work done in time frame assigned. I have learned that it is by working hard and not always what and who you know that you will succeed in your career and also in life. I always had a great relationship with management because I respected them as senior staff. I always got along well with my co-workers because it was not about what I could do to only grow in the business, but also to help co-workers achieve their goals. There were no really hard parts of the job, there were some challengers, but I always did all to do my best. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I loved it and also learning new things every day.
My typical day at work starts with a meeting,then repairing all breakdowns,then servicing of all Forklifts. The past 2.5 years that I have been working for Sea HArvest I have learned all electrical componets on electrical and diesel Forklifts. Management is very helpful with improving our skills. We as co-workers work as a very close team. The hardest part of my job is getting the breakdowns done in the correct time limit. The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyday is diffrent.
Pros
Fish Account
Cons
Lots of stress due to alot of responsabilities.
  1. Employee Reviews