Sell Direct Marketing

Sell Direct Marketing Employee Reviews

South Africa49 reviews
stressfull and draining
Very stressfull. Learnt to have patience.Strict management but does not set an but no leadership skills. Jolly employees and the opposite. Reaching targets was difficult. Enjoying conersation with new people everyday was the best part my day.
Productive and fun
Very Good management structure and potential to grow good incentive schemes and always puts employees first
always shows equality and lives values of the business
Fun workplace
It is good work place to work at. Pushes u to do ur out most best. I always looked forward in heading to work in the morning. The environment was always fun, hyped place to be in.
3,0
Learning how to deal with negatives on a daily basis and never letting it get you down or in a bad mood, most enjoyable part of my job was the challen
-A typical day at work was stressful, meeting your targets.
-There will always be negatives in your job but that should never make you become a negative person regarding your job especially.

-Build good relationships with management, colleagues and customers.

-Hardest part of the job was convincing customers.
4,0
Good startup
Good way to start your callcentre career in sales driven environment. Very competitive culture amongst colleagues, which causes a motivational atmosphere. Young and vibrant approach evrry single day when you walk into work.
3,0
Good place to gain experience
Overall good place to gain call center experience but not to grow. Management was semi-helpful and never receiving your commission that you worked hard for puts you down
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Never received commission
Worst company
This is the worst company to work for. They do not care about anything besides the team making sales they make you feel like a failure if you do not make sales for an hour.

They are quick to congratulate for that moment and then quick to shout as well. Your job is at risk everyday because they always say they can replace you.
4,0
Fun and environment
Fun environment to work in as well.well relaxed however can pay employees more than what they are paying at the moment .Cost of living is increasing but to they were paying 4000 pm
1,0
work environment and comm structure
Like working@sell direct its just very stressful , when you stress you can't even concentrate/ focus on.what you should do .
Tthe comm structure is also very unfair !!
Experience
Their culture is beyond amazing but the way that the management speaks to their employees its beyond disrespectful & they just don't care about your health at all they dont care
1,0
This company is the worst
Worst company eva. They are disrespectful the team leaders,they take your breaks away,they expect you to move every hr,they give you warning for not selling
was just okay
i just didnt not enjoy working with them hence i resigned in the second month of employment. There was limited growth and development yet a lot was expected from us in light of limited development.
1,0
Won't reccomend this company to any School Leaver.
Sell direct marketing had been thee worst company I have ever worked for. Although they give you free food twice a week, which could rather pay that money wasted into our salaries instead.
All managment within this business are slow, and can't keep anything private. Everyone knows everyone's business.

The team leaders give absolutely no support to their team, no motivation and go as far as pushkng the team under the bus to save themselves.... Team leaders are always smoking when they are needed to be helping their team. Or even standing on one side having a conversation with each other about NON RELATED work things .

At the end of the day all the help that could be provided by the team leader isn't there and then the rest of the team never makes there targets and has to stay after work to either work or to have a meeting.

Salary which states R4000 + uncapped commission( which is only 20% chance of it happening within the first year), so basically your salary is R3960pm...

Long hours with sometimes no 2nd tea breaks and having to stay after work for a 10 min (30 min)meeting even though the contract stated 2x 15min teas and 1x 30min and working hours. From 8am to 17.00pm.

I Advise everyone to take a deep look through their contracts and question everything you find strange. Management and team leaders are all young, too playful and don't take their job seriously.
Not fun
You work like a slave they make you work Saturdays and you don't get paid for it greedy company and never commit to what there word is ,no benefit at all
Money Driven and Fun Workplace
If you looking to make easy money, this would be the place to be.
Uncapped Comission, regular incentives to keep you motivated, free lunch and who doesn't like fee food. Really appreciated by those who can't afford to buy. Really convenient hours so that I can get home early and spend time with my family. I would really recommend this company to anyone seeking stability and trying to find their feet.
Work Experience
Company very disorganized and its under construction , what is being said during interview stage is really not all true once you reach the floor. Management is very rude and they cannot answer simple questions. Salary is very low for the 9 hours everyday. Staff is under-payed.
Pros
No Work on Weekends
Cons
Long hours, Poor salary
Fun and stressful
The pressure is real on the floor of the call centre, rude customers but you have to remain calm and kind. The teamleaders are always putting pressure for target and sometimes they use foul language and no one really cares, I feel that the working environment is somewhat unprofessional
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No job security
1,0
they make it sound really wonderful to work there but it's not actually
not a good place to work at, very difficult to make sales, no help really, they help you when they're suppose to but not when you ask . there is growth but very little
Pros
free lunch on Tuesday and thursday, lots of goodie bags
Cons
only get lunch once on the floor which can be difficult to get to
Bad place to work at
Management is BAD!!! AND THEY DON'T PAY YOU WELL more especially if you're on the Cell c campaign. I'd advise you not to work at Sell Direct Marketing
Pros
Free lunch on Tuesday and thursdays
Cons
Little money
Professional and Energetic
Working at Sell Direct Marketing was amazing. I really enjoyed the friendliness and warm welcome that I received. I felt confident working there because everyone is always ready to lend a helping hand or advice.
Pros
Pool table, clean, professional.
Cons
Loud and Noisy
Do not work here
They will not give you a contract. You will wait for months. They will use the excuse of having one HR person, never heard of mail merge apparently. They will not care about your children, or your health. What they want is sales. You make sales, they happy. You don't for one day, you sign incident reports. When I resigned they did not even acknowledge my resignation nor did they pay me for the days I worked. They could get away with it because I had no contract. Do not make the same mistake I did, do not work here.
Pros
Tuesday and Thursday free roll
Cons
No contract, bad management, gossip