Sell Direct Marketing

Sell Direct Marketing Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape23 reviews
3,0
Overall good place to gain call center experience but not to grow. Management was semi-helpful and never receiving your commission that you worked hard for puts you down
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Never received commission
2,0
Very stressfull. Learnt to have patience.Strict management but does not set an but no leadership skills. Jolly employees and the opposite. Reaching targets was difficult. Enjoying conersation with new people everyday was the best part my day.
1,0
Like working@sell direct its just very stressful , when you stress you can't even concentrate/ focus on.what you should do .
Tthe comm structure is also very unfair !!
1,0
Worst company eva. They are disrespectful the team leaders,they take your breaks away,they expect you to move every hr,they give you warning for not selling
1,0
Sell direct marketing had been thee worst company I have ever worked for. Although they give you free food twice a week, which could rather pay that money wasted into our salaries instead.
All managment within this business are slow, and can't keep anything private. Everyone knows everyone's business.

The team leaders give absolutely no support to their team, no motivation and go as far as pushkng the team under the bus to save themselves.... Team leaders are always smoking when they are needed to be helping their team. Or even standing on one side having a conversation with each other about NON RELATED work things .

At the end of the day all the help that could be provided by the team leader isn't there and then the rest of the team never makes there targets and has to stay after work to either work or to have a meeting.

Salary which states R4000 + uncapped commission( which is only 20% chance of it happening within the first year), so basically your salary is R3960pm...

Long hours with sometimes no 2nd tea breaks and having to stay after work for a 10 min (30 min)meeting even though the contract stated 2x 15min teas and 1x 30min and working hours. From 8am to 17.00pm.

I Advise everyone to take a deep look through their contracts and question everything you find strange. Management and team leaders are all young, too playful and don't take their job seriously.
1,0
Management is BAD!!! AND THEY DON'T PAY YOU WELL more especially if you're on the Cell c campaign. I'd advise you not to work at Sell Direct Marketing
Pros
Free lunch on Tuesday and thursdays
Cons
Little money
2,0
Exploited if target not met, cut on lunches and home time. Lunch is served two times in a week and you work from Monday to Friday. Some team leaders are not nice
5,0
A standard day at work is like a regular Friday, do what needs to be done and enjoy the rest of your day.
i have learnt maintain my work ethic, punctuality and keep pushing for improvement. Management instructions are clear and precious with regards to targets and deadlines to be met. work environment allows for vibrant, fun learning experience. what can be challenging is only your commitment and integrity, stick to your word and see it through. the most enjoyable part of leaving every day knowing you cant wait to get back to enjoy another day of success.
Pros
Great Incentives
3,0
It is a good place to start out at.
It is important to not lose focus.

There are a lot of distractions

Should be able to really handle pressure.

Lot of pressure gets placed on you
Pros
Free lunches on tuesday and thursday
Cons
Get paid eom if you dont reach target
5,0
Sell Direct is one of the longest standing telesales companies. Earning potential is GREAT, and the hours are fair. Best part of working for this call center is that there are no weekend shifts or shifts after 6. The company fosters growth and development and take a keen interest in the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Free lunch, good working hours, generous commission structure
3,0
Fast paced enviroment , target driven. Room to grow and work your way up. Some team leaders should however learn to work better with their teams rather than pointing fingers. Management can improve much more.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Stressful
4,0
It was fun to work at Sell direct marketing ,i learned a lot about sales ,how to approach customers,need analysis and close a deal ,do really miss people.
Pros
non
Cons
Office hours
4,0
Since is was my first call center I have learned a lot about how to work in tht kind of environment ,the pressure is too much but as an individual u must learn to handle yo day.management is fine coz they guide you nd support you in everything, hardest part about call center is to reach your daily target nd u must challenge you job to make it in the industry
Pros
We do get free lunches
Cons
We only work office hours08:00 until 17:00
3,0
Sell direct was a family friendly atmosphere
They cater to their people and look out for you

Very much into development and helping you grow

I will recommend anyone to this business
Pros
going home target
1. Pressure and fun is a day to day operation

2. I've learned that each and every client has their unique needs that needs be handles in different manners in order to reach the level of satisfaction.

3.The management is work, focus and target driven, kind and understanding and has lots of respect for employees.

4. The employees at the horizontal level I was working in have a unique and professional relationship with each other and clients.

5. The company has great benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours( 8-10)
3,0
Typical day at work would be meeting with the team, Discussing what we found difficult in the day , Team leader would motivate.
Management on top of their game.

very friendly work culture everyone is like family everyone is always helpful and mindful

Hardest part of the work is not being on desired target and not reaching your goals as a team.

Most enjoyable part is working environment energy management freebies now and again appreciation and bonus envelopes.
Pros
bonus and free lunches randomly
Cons
long meetings and sometimes you go home a bit later
3,0
I love working at sell direct as I've met all my monthly targets only problem I have with sell direct marketing is the commission structure because only a few people earns com
Pros
First tea from 10am till 10:15am lunch is from 1pm till 1:30pm second tea is from 3pm till 3:15pm
Cons
Hours is fun 8am till 5pm no weekends and no public holidays
3,0
I left the company because I felt like I deserve more for the amount of work that I do. It is a fun company to work for but does not give much rewarding to it employees
2,0
Worked well under pressure.
Call centre

I works well under pressure individually

I was selling cell phone contracts for cell c service provider also doing upgrades and new lines...
Pros
hours was ok
Cons
low salary
5,0
a fun and creative environment where you can grow and develop skills while interacting with different people . i learnt a new level of self in this position and it helped me get a brief understanding of what the business world is like
Pros
free lunch
-Working Hours from 8-5 Monday To Friday

-I learned to communicate effectively & building relationships with Clients.

- Management was Excellent they played the Part as well.

-Co Workers was Okay We did have a bad days but that was very rare occasion.

- Hardest part of the job I think was actually getting the Clients Banking Information over the Phone.

- The most enjoyable part would be hearing the Clients Satisfaction Over The Phone and happy with the Phone that we will be delivering to them.
Pros
We Dont Work Weekends
Cons
Clients Can be difficult and rude over the Phone.